Bright- Netflix

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Bright is a Hollywood level film which you get at no extra cost with an A-list cast. It will 100% have big viewership.

cyberman

Bright is a Hollywood level film which you get at no extra cost with an A-list cast. It will 100% have big viewership.
11m was the figure being branded about last week but is that an impressive figure when it's a global audience?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'd be interested to know how many that watched it were new signups, as that's surely the reason they're spending blockbuster amounts on content.

Silva

11m was the figure being branded about last week but is that an impressive figure when it's a global audience?
I don't think Nielsen does global ratings. Their boxes are in US homes. Specifically, US televisions, so it won't get data on people watching streaming services on their other devices.

cyberman

@Silva
I don't think Netflix use Nielsen as they can easily track streaming numbers on their app?
Their twitter was having a go at nameless people who streamed some Christmas film every day for 3 months or something ridiculous.
It was all in jest but it was interesting that they had those numbers at hand.

Silva

@Silva
I don't think Netflix use Nielsen as they can easily track streaming numbers on their app?
Their twitter was having a go at nameless people who streamed some Christmas film every day for 3 months or something ridiculous.
It was all in jest but it was interesting that they had those numbers at hand.
It's not Netflix using it, they obviously know what people are watching, where they're watching the device and every other piece of metadata you could hope for. The people who want the stats are the studios who sell to Netflix so they can more price their TV shows and films higher. If Netflix is getting 6 million monthly viewers on a TV show that's priced in the 3 million monthly viewer range, they can double the free.

cyberman

@Silva
But Netflix never release the numbers, not even to the creators of their content.
Bill Burr was saying this with his show, he hasn't a clue how successful it is and it puts Netflix in the power position when negotiating contracts. Its a killer policy.
Netflix must be in justification mode when actual numbers do get leaked out.
Edit Nielsen has attempted to quantify viewerships but Netflix have rubbished the numbers so why bother?

Last edited:

Silva

Edit Nielsen has attempted to quantify viewerships but Netflix have rubbished the numbers so why bother?
It all comes down to pricing. They do TV shows, which aren't exact either, so ads can be priced. And now the studios want numbers to price their content. It's not about being exact, but giving the people funding the research numbers they can use when they negotiate.

Sandyman

Watched this yesterday and thought it was alright. The chemistry between Ward an Jacoby was fun at times. Thought they did the action sequences well too. If people want story and character growth, stay well away.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
Max Landis is being condemned on little to no evidence. I haven’t watched the film but I’d expect it to be trashed.

Pajiba said they’ve been investigating for three months and found little solid to charge him with other than what he’s already admitted but we should dismiss him anyway. It’s the Daily Mail.

Bobski

Reminded me of Shadowruns, the game series.

Watchable junk.

Woodzy

It was decent. Not great but still enjoyable.

I do think if it toned down on the fantasy (basically anything to do with the wand) a little it would have been a better film.

I did think that one shot with what seemed like a dragon in the distance was a nice touch though.