Brighton and Hove Albion 2022-23

autopilot

Supports
Chelsea
Big summer coming up for Brighton I feel. That midfield is a big reason why they are performing so well and if both Mac Allister and Caicedo are transferred out their contribution will be hard to replace immediately, even though they probably have potential replacements lined up. If they manage to keep hold of at least one of the pair I think they'll have enough to keep the momentum going.

The biggest question mark for me would probably be the striker situation, and it would be interesting to see how the Brighton fans view the situation. From the outside it looks as if Ferguson is a promising youngster and will take on a bigger role next season, but that it's probably too early to be a mainstay for the entire campaign. Undav improved his numbers a bit towards the end of the season but similarly to Welbeck at the moment he seems to be at a level that is slightly below where Brighton are at at the moment as a team and where they want to be moving. Have there been any rumours about strikers early on in the window?

Lee565

Big summer coming up for Brighton I feel. That midfield is a big reason why they are performing so well and if both Mac Allister and Caicedo are transferred out their contribution will be hard to replace immediately, even though they probably have potential replacements lined up. If they manage to keep hold of at least one of the pair I think they'll have enough to keep the momentum going.

The biggest question mark for me would probably be the striker situation, and it would be interesting to see how the Brighton fans view the situation. From the outside it looks as if Ferguson is a promising youngster and will take on a bigger role next season, but that it's probably too early to be a mainstay for the entire campaign. Undav improved his numbers a bit towards the end of the season but similarly to Welbeck at the moment he seems to be at a level that is slightly below where Brighton are at at the moment as a team and where they want to be moving. Have there been any rumours about strikers early on in the window?
I think they will cope, there were times this season where they didn't have macallister or caicedo in midfield and still looked good and got results, even against us in fa up semi's they had caicedo playing right back

vanthaman

Winner

Pedro from Watford has signed for 30m

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
:eek:

Will be interesting to see how strong Chelsea’s resolve is and how high Brighton are willing to go.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Wish they’d offer us that sort of money for our squad players
Colwill hasn't played a single minute for Chelsea. I wouldn't say he's a squad player. He's a gem of a talent though, and Chelsea should be rejecting this latest offer immediately.

simplyared

Incredible how this club constantly lose their top players to the big guns yet remain top tier. They've actually gone up a level from last season. If there's a club run to perfection must be Brighton! Anyone know the secret?

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
They're really incredibly well run. They buy players who fit like gloves, they get huge profits every time they sell a player, their football style is so easy on the eye. Can we just poach their director of football and recruitment team?

Josh 76

Incredible how this club constantly lose their top players to the big guns yet remain top tier. They've actually gone up a level from last season. If there's a club run to perfection must be Brighton! Anyone know the secret?
The system makes the players work. This inflates the price, sell for massive money and they carry on.

Also playing for Brighton does not have the same pressure as it does for playing for the bigger clubs. This is a major factor why players that leave Brighton never hit the same heights.

Never buy a player from Brighton. That's the secret!

AndySmith1990

They're the English Dortmund. I have huge respect for clubs that are run like them. Sensible, clever transfers. Great scouting. Massive profit made from selling players to daft rich clubs. Then those players are seamlessly replaced out of nowhere with players who perform just as well.

They even replaced the manager without any loss of performance and without needing to get them 2 years and hundreds of millions to rebuild the team. I look at them and it makes me think all the excuses we see thrown around at United are utter bullshit. We're simply a badly run club and everyone suffers as a result.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
The system makes the players work. This inflates the price, sell for massive money and they carry on.

Also playing for Brighton does not have the same pressure as it does for playing for the bigger clubs. This is a major factor why players that leave Brighton never hit the same heights.

Never buy a player from Brighton. That's the secret!
The pressure point is spot on. Look at Elanga for Forest. Granted only a few games in but watching him yesterday against Forest is like watching a completely different player.

marktan

They're the English Dortmund. I have huge respect for clubs that are run like them. Sensible, clever transfers. Great scouting. Massive profit made from selling players to daft rich clubs. Then those players are seamlessly replaced out of nowhere with players who perform just as well.

They even replaced the manager without any loss of performance and without needing to get them 2 years and hundreds of millions to rebuild the team. I look at them and it makes me think all the excuses we see thrown around at United are utter bullshit. We're simply a badly run club and everyone suffers as a result.
Spot on.

Castia

Absolutely spot on

Don't forget the entertaining style of football as well they're a great team to watch

Brighton fans must be proud of their club.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

Great point, they deserve a lot of credit for how well they're run.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Spot on.

Also Brighton’s success is really endearing and I love watching them play but there’s is an irrational part of my brain that absolutely loathes their success because we’ve given them £200M just to watch them get even better while we’ve gotten worse.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.

Bang on.

Lee565

After seeing Brighton willing to take fati on loan from barca, i think united missed a big trick in not offering them sancho on a season long loan for a small fee, I genuinely think he would be back to his best in such a well run playing system and double his current dropped value.

If Brighton keep this up of churning out 3 or 4 more 70-80 million sell on fees for players and spotting unearthed gems, what stops them becoming a legit force in epl, surely any up and coming talented manager would jump at the chance to manage a club that is so well run and makes his job easy and having a transfer kitty of 150 million every season if they keep making the profits that they do?

Last edited:

Superunknown

I've got a soft spot for Brighton. Spent went to uni and spent 4 years living there, so it is very much like a second home to me. Still visit the place quite regularly. They've got a pretty sensible fanbase, too. Reasonable expectations and not as gloaty/in your face as lots of other fanbases can be. (fecking Arsenal and Spurs fans, man) I admire the way they can spot talent and with the quality of football that they play.

They have a model which works for them and it works for now. It's a very difficult league that they're in and it's obscenely difficult to crack into that top 4 and qualify for the Champions League places. I honestly think most fans would be very happy for them to maintain their place in the top 10, somewhere in that 5-10 bracket. The difficulty when you start to factor in cup games and European competitions is that the squad gets stretched thin, and then it's hard to maintain that league spot. As long as the fans keep seeing the same quality football, I think they'll be happy. It's very healthy for the league to have teams like them playing football the way they do. It keeps it exciting, and it's also good in the sense of spotting talent, who can then make the move to other top sides.

Tbh, they're really doing what I expected Everton to be doing. Everton fans would bite your hand off to have the talent and style of football they have at Brighton. I'd put clubs like Palace in that bracket, too. Aston Villa is an interesting one because they seem to be some sort of halfway house.

GMoore23

Southampton were once like that and are now in the Championship.
Brighton are a small club unlike Dortmund and eventually, bit by bit the big clubs will snap up their top scouts/coaches.