Brighton and Hove Albion 21/22

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Just like last season, I have high hopes for Brighton this year and think we could break into the top ten, that hope was proved wrong last season, so realistically as always 'd be satisfied with staying up! But it feels that this squad and Potter have the potential to do so much more than that.

There's still quite a way to go in the transfer window and there are lots of rumours around Brighton. Odsonne Edouard from Celtic would be a good one to see, as would Marc Cucurella and Tino Livramento from Chelsea. A lot of our transfer business will get done, I presume, once we have the White transfer confirmed and done with 50M in the bank, which we're expecting any day now.

We will miss White but central defence is one position where we are absolutely stacked so of all the players to lose, this will probably have the smallest impact.

We've signed Enock Mwepu from RB Salzburg, who looks an interesting addition to the squad and we've also extended Welbeck which I'm pleased to see and signed Kjell Scherpen a goalkeeper from Ajax. Also it seems the rumours around Bissouma leaving have faded, hopefully it stays like that.

If we sign the players we are linked with and hang on to the others (in muppet land) I can see big things for us next season and a great squad

Sanchez
Veltman Dunk Webster
Lamptey Bissouma Mwepu Cucurella
Mac Allister Edouard Trossard

or

Scherpen
Tsoungui Ostigard Burn
Livramento Moder Alzate March
Lallana Maupay or Welbeck Gross
That's two pretty strong teams .... Europe here we come!

Threesus

Your team is the king of xg. If you have a proper goal scorer , you lot will be a lot higher in the table.

BTW, I am surprised that Tottenham didn’t look at graham potter as their manager. He is an excellent coach.

Reactions: Cheimoon

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Potter has you playing good football and punching above your weight but I can’t help but think you could do with adding abit of extra quality in attack. That would probably be the difference in seeing you climb to 10th.

Crimson King

The squad is shaping up, but as others have noted I worry where the goals will come from again for Brighton. Edouard is a good shout, let's see what happens there.

Don't think they'll miss White too much. He may well be a revelation at Arsenal, who knows, but didn't impress me much last season. They did the right thing by cashing in.

Will be interesting to see if they hold on to Bissouma. I have a feeling they will, especially after selling White. Think it would have been one of the two out, not both. Still plenty of time left in the window for that to change though.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
till a goal scorer or 2 is signed. they will struggle
The squad is shaping up, but as others have noted I worry where the goals will come from again for Brighton. Edouard is a good shout, let's see what happens there.

Don't think they'll miss White too much. He may well be a revelation at Arsenal, who knows, but didn't impress me much last season. They did the right thing by cashing in.

Will be interesting to see if they hold on to Bissouma. I have a feeling they will, especially after selling White. Think it would have been one of the two out, not both. Still plenty of time left in the window for that to change though.
Genuinely hope we do get Edouard, as you're all right we need that extra fire power up front to take advantage of the chances we create. But the transfer is not being reported by reliable Brighton journos yet which is worrying.

I think you;re right about White in that we won't miss him too much, but I do not think Arsenal will regret spending 50M on him at all, he has a big career ahead of him.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Astonishing that they didn't sign a striker. Well, they kinda did but sent him out on loan straight away, together with another back up striker, leaving them with only three strikers at the club, one of them being a quite injury prone Welbeck. Perhaps the most glaring weakness of any team in the league and they didn't adress it.

Nickosaur

Astonishing that they didn't sign a striker. Well, they kinda did but sent him out on loan straight away, together with another back up striker, leaving them with only three strikers at the club, one of them being a quite injury prone Welbeck. Perhaps the most glaring weakness of any team in the league and they didn't adress it.
Really frustrating to see Eduoard go to Palace of all places in the end. Reports saying his request of £90k pw would have smashed our wage structure. Do think £15m for him is excellent value.

Goals will remain the worry, but Bissouma staying is absolute huge and Cucurella joining in the last few days is a very exciting signing. There is still a lot to look forward to. Maupay will need to pull his finger out this season, but early signs look promising.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
So if they win their match tomorrow, they go top alone, 1 point ahead of the number 2, after 6 matches. That'd be pretty cool for them.

Edit: On Monday then.Thanks @andersj. :D

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Fred would never

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Career over if guilty. Looked a top talent as well.

JustAGuest

Given their great start to the season this will really set them back.

choccy77

Brighton's statement is funny.

We are aware of one of our players assisting police with the investigation.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
They aren't naming him though, so best not here. The Sun has deeper pockets than the Caf.
You're not legally allowed to name public personas who have been identified by a licensed news outlet in the UK? Or maybe that's no such thing there. Generally I'm used to there being a few critera that need to be in place for someone to be identified due to suspicion of a crime, primarily if it is especially in the publics interest to know. I can't see there being a reason for the public to know here.

Awful incident if it holds true. Sad for all parties involved, the alleged victim more than anyone.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I really hope the guy is not that stupid and this is one of those where the women tries to trick a rich guy or something.

Ofcourse if its true then he deserves whatever he gets.

Nickosaur

That is awful. If the player is guilty, get him the feck out the club.
Gutted as this had been a fantastic season so far for Brighton. Finally finding their feet as a PL club.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
If it is true then there's no excuse and it must be a career ending incident. But arrested is not charged and is certainly not guilty, so I will wait and see how this plays out, I don't think the player should be picked though, while this is hanging over him.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
You're not legally allowed to name public personas who have been identified by a licensed news outlet in the UK? Or maybe that's no such thing there. Generally I'm used to there being a few critera that need to be in place for someone to be identified due to suspicion of a crime, primarily if it is especially in the publics interest to know. I can't see there being a reason for the public to know here.

Awful incident if it holds true. Sad for all parties involved, the alleged victim more than anyone.
You are allowed to name them as the The Sun has done, but you need to be absolutely sure you are naming the right person and not making any factual mistakes with what actually happened otherwise you open yourself up to a hefty libel case.

There has been lots of calls for defendants to remain anonymous until they are charged, but it hasn't happened yet. Quite a few new outlets will do that anyway and the police will not officially name anyone until they are charged. There have been some very high profile mistakes, google Christopher Jeffries, who was named in numerous tabloid papers as the murderer of Jo Yeates, they all ended up paying him quite significant sums of cash!

Bebestation

If it is true then there's no excuse and it must be a career ending incident. But arrested is not charged and is certainly not guilty, so I will wait and see how this plays out, I don't think the player should be picked though, while this is hanging over him.
Sexual assault isn't rape is it?

I just can't understand how something so bad could happen by a footballer at a nightclub?

cyberman

I just can't understand how something so bad could happen by a footballer at a nightclub?
There will be plenty of cameras as well. I’d say whatever argument pops up won’t be his word v hers which is a relief

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

You are allowed to name them as the The Sun has done, but you need to be absolutely sure you are naming the right person and not making any factual mistakes with what actually happened otherwise you open yourself up to a hefty libel case.

There has been lots of calls for defendants to remain anonymous until they are charged, but it hasn't happened yet. Quite a few new outlets will do that anyway and the police will not officially name anyone until they are charged. There have been some very high profile mistakes, google Christopher Jeffries, who was named in numerous tabloid papers as the murderer of Jo Yeates, they all ended up paying him quite significant sums of cash!
I've been not been around today. But generally speaking, it doesn't matter if some other news outlet has named someone, it doesn't make you less any culpable of breaching a reporting block or contempt of court order. The Sun and DM have very deep legal pockets and see this as a cost of doing business though.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I've been not been around today. But generally speaking, it doesn't matter if some other news outlet has named someone, it doesn't make you less any culpable of breaching a reporting block or contempt of court order. The Sun and DM have very deep legal pockets and see this as a cost of doing business though.
You’re absolutely spot on, though in this case there is no restriction in place in the reporting. But now the Sun and other outlets have named the player in question, it gets more dangerous for everyone else. If for example someone posted an untrue allegation here without naming the player. It could be argued that by publishing it the caf is still defaming the player as his identity is so easy to find out.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

Sexual assault isn’t necessarily rape, but rape is included under the sexual assault umbrella for want of a better phrase.

obviously I have no idea what has happened, but as you say I would hope that in a nightclub, there would at least be witnesses so it should be fairly clear what’s gone on.

Bebestation

Sexual assault isn’t necessarily rape, but rape is included under the sexual assault umbrella for want of a better phrase.

obviously I have no idea what has happened, but as you say I would hope that in a nightclub, there would at least be witnesses so it should be fairly clear what’s gone on.
Yeah I'm just hoping justice is served properly.

I've seen women try to mess around with rich people's careers to get some money in their own wallet just as much as sexual messed up actual things happen. Hopefully the fact that cameras and people are there should settle it quickly.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

I've seen women try to mess around with rich people's careers to get some money in their own wallet just as much as sexual messed up actual things happen. Hopefully the fact that cameras and people are there should settle it quickly.
This is factually incorrect. Very few complaints of sexual harassment/rape are fake, in proportion to overall cases.

Fingeredmouse

One is significantly more common than the other.

Bebestation

This is factually incorrect. Very few complaints of sexual harassment/rape are fake, in proportion to overall cases.
Is this true for celebrity people? That rape and stuff happens more from the rich celebrity people doing something maybe like R Kelly vs someone getting put in to a corner to get some money like I've heard Justin better etc?

Last edited: