Brighton and Hove Albion 21/22

Perseus

Yeah, I'd think so (for the bolded bit).

I do hope they get to keep Potter and land that striker next season. I'd love to see how far he could take them! (Rather then Potter joining, say, Leicester, and Brighton getting relegated two years later.)
Realistically, Brighton have not have not got the strength in depth to keep up a challenge for a European place and suffer from burn out (bad run). BHA lose out to Benfica over Nunez in an attempt to sign the missing striker, and lose over Ben White and Dan Burn to Arsenal and Newcastle who wanted regular first team football.

Perseus

There does seem to be signs of frustration but I would expect that after all those years in the bottom two leagues it'll take a while longer before Premier League mediocrity is something the majority are fed up with.
Frustration of getting to the stadium main discouraging factor. Cups are not popular as the reserves are played. Championship is really a hard grind and matches when opponents park the bus in the second tier are not to my taste.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
So this was the match in the season they were saving all their goals for. :lol:

Trossard is such a lovely player to watch in the box, wonderful balance.

Idxomer

First time in their history to finish in the top half of the league.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
So this was the match in the season they were saving all their goals for. :lol:

Trossard is such a lovely player to watch in the box, wonderful balance.
Im sure he only has 12 months to go in the summer as well, I'd even consider him as a good squad option for someone like us.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Might just fancy nicking 7th and getting European football if West Ham don’t beat Norwich tomorrow. Brighton host West Ham on the final day, whilst Wolves still have to play City and Liverpool, plus West Ham face City too. West Ham’s goal difference might just put it out of reach with a draw tomorrow against Norwich.

Not sure Leciester have a run in them even with their five remaining games.

Perseus

BHA are misrepresented in the tabloids.

Style: defensive possession football, selective pressing
Strengths: playing their way out of the press, restricting the opposition creating chances
Weaknesses: finishing off chances, inability to counter attack successfully

A bit more defensive than the pundits mention.

Class players: Dunk
Useful players: Trossard, Veltman, Webster, Bissouma

Formation, very flexible 3-5-1-1 (I can't understand it, but it seems to work, not sure why?)
BHA 4-0 MU

How accurate did this turn out to be?

The tricky bit is trying to press Brighton. Their opponents can get burned out chasing shadows.

Perseus

BHA are misrepresented in the tabloids.

Style: defensive possession football, selective pressing
Strengths: playing their way out of the press, restricting the opposition creating chances
Weaknesses: finishing off chances, inability to counter attack successfully

A bit more defensive than the pundits mention.

Class players: Dunk
Useful players: Trossard, Veltman, Webster, Bissouma

Formation, very flexible 3-5-1-1 (I can't understand it, but it seems to work, not sure why?)
This is what I meant to say. https://totalfootballanalysis.com/h...-hove-albion-202122-tactical-analysis-tactics Some of this is pre-Potter though.

Perseus

How will Brighton fare after a massive sale of first team players?