Kick-off
Tue, 30 June 2020 @ 8:15pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    .........VS...........

Date - Tuesday, June 30 2020

Kickoff Time - 2015 Hrs BST
    Venue - The Amex Stadium, Brighton and Hove

League standings and form guide

6. Manchester United: WDWDW
    15. Brighton & Hove Albion: DLDWD

Previous Meetings

Manchester United 3—1 Brighton & Hove Albion

Manchester United 2—1 Brighton & Hove Albion

Brighton & Hove Albion 3—2 Manchester United

Brighton & Hove Albion 1—0 Manchester United

Manchester United 1—0 Brighton & Hove Albion

All-Time Record

Manchester United wins: 8
    Brighton & Hove Albion wins: 3
    Draws: 2

Pre-Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Graham Potter

Team News

Manchester United

Phil Jones and Axel Tuanzebe doubtful.

Brighton & Hove Albion

José Izquierdo ruled out. Steven Alzate and Adam Webster doubtful.

Know the opposition

Brighton & Hove Albion (nicknamed The Seagulls and Albion) are a professional football club based in Brighton & Hove. The club was first formed as Brighton & Hove United on 24 June 1901, and the name was quickly changed to Brighton & Hove Albion. The club took the place of a defunct club, Brighton & Hove Rover, in the Southern League In the Southern League they won their only national honour to date, the FA Charity Shield, by defeating Football League Champions Aston Villa in 1910. There had previously been Old Brightonians, representing the area in the FA Cup in the 19th Century. The club initially played at the Hove County Ground, with a few games were also at Goldstone Ground that was used by Hove F.C. From 1902 onwards, Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. and Hove F.C. shared the Gladstone Ground. In 1920, 19 years after the club was formed, they were elected to the Football League's new Third Division.

Mismanagement brought Brighton close to relegation from the Football League to the Conference which they narrowly avoided in 1997 and 1998. A boardroom takeover saved Brighton from liquidation, and following successive promotions they returned to the second tier of English football in 2002, from then on playing in the second and third tiers of English football until the conclusion of the 2016-17 season, where the club earned promotion to the Premier League for the first time in their history, marking the end of a 34-year absence from the top flight. Bighton's fans consider Crystal Palace to be their biggest rival with matches between them termed the M23 derby, and they play their home games at Falmer Stadium.

Referee

Andre Marriner.

Familiar Faces

N/A.​

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Not got so much as a point at these lot since they got promoted and bar Martial all our attackers are massively out of form :nervous:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    These long trips with the protocols are going to be brutal. Presumably no real training before the Brighton match, as travelling tonight, tomorrow rest and recovery, then possibly down to Brighton on Monday? If we train Monday and then travel on Tuesday, we could be really lethargic.

Irrational.

DDG

AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw

Matic, Pogba, Bruno

Greenwood, Martial, Rashford

Has to be the lineup. No more fecking around Ole.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Time to give Bruno a break.

DDG

AWB
    Maguire
    Lindelof
    Shaw

Matic
    McTominay / Fred
    Pogba

Greenwood
    Martial
    Rashford

el3mel

Same lineup as the last league game. This game might be a little bit tricky but we should see through it.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    DDG

AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw

Matic, Pogba, Bruno

Greenwood, Martial, Rashford

Has to be the lineup. No more fecking around Ole.
    I’d maybe play Fred instead of Greenwood, push Pogba wider right and into a diamond of sorts. Just want to make sure we control the game, especially being away from home.

PoTMS

Can see us slipping up here and Palace away. 1-1.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    I think we'll struggle, another long trip after 120 minutes tonight. Brighton looked fairly good against Leicester.

flappyjay

Bruno played 120 mins I would prefer he play from half time or the last 30 mins in the Brighton match.

el3mel

I’d maybe play Fred instead of Greenwood, push Pogba wider right and into a diamond of sorts. Just want to make sure we control the game, especially being away from home.
    We need as many attackers as we can because we'll have more possession than them by nature.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    I think we should start Bruno on the bench, not because he deserves it but because he's played non stop and he's a high energy player who is pivotal for us.

I'm sure Pogba can fill in his role.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    Dreading this. Could see them causing us real problems, and today's game will only give them more confidence.

Would people rest Bruno for this?

Irrational.

Fair point - but don't you think it'll give us the same problems against teams that play deep? Crowding the midfield usually makes it easier for the opposition and makes it easier for them to defend as we saw today. I think width is key.

ManUnitedCanuck

Would start Williams over Shaw in this one. Shaw looked knackered today beyond the 60th minute. Give him some rest, but the rest to be the same as the last league match.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    Maguire and Shaw have played 300 mins in the last 8 days, and Fernandes has played 290, right?

I hope they're okay playing this one.

gajender

I'll go against the general doom and gloom in this thread , it would be quite comfortable win for us with clear 2 goal margin.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    Brighton have been very lively since the break. Not good news for us after extra time today.

Be happy with 3 pts however we get them but genuinely fearing dropped pts now after that shambles today.

red woppit

Supports
    Northampton Town
    Maguire and Shaw have played 300 mins in the last 8 days, and Fernandes has played 290, right?

I hope they're okay playing this one.
    If we had been well in front I think Maguire, Shaw and Fernandez would have come off. If Dalot had played better I think Williams would have replaced Shaw, but we were quite open down our right, so Ole felt he needed to tighten it up.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Do Brighton sit back against big teams. The few times I've watched them against big opposition's they played fearlessly, passing the ball around and came to play

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Do Brighton sit back against big teams. The few times I've watched them against big opposition's they played fearlessly, passing the ball around and came to play
    Potter has a good philoshopy...He likes to move it about no matter who they're playing

Gordon S

I don`t think todays game has any bearings on this one since we will start a completely different and much stronger team. We should be comfortably better despite a few key players getting lots of minutes lately.

Al-T

They are not an easy team to break down - goal difference of -7 compared with the sides around them.

Be interesting to see if their Captain and CB Dunk plays. He's one yellow off a two game ban and they may wish to ensure he's available for their pivotal game v Norwich next Saturday.

Champagne Football

I would've preferred seeing Bruno get a half game against Norwich. 120 minutes straight after a full game a couple of days before, is madness for a player who if gets injured means our season would be in trouble.

Brighton is a bigger game than Norwich. But Ole might have to start Bruno on the bench now after his slog today

Bwuk

Bollocks to resting Bruno. I’d rotate Shaw but that’s it.

Dave
    AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Williams
    Pogba - Matic
    Greenwood - Bruno - Rashford
    Martial​

ShinjiNinja26

As much as I think Bruno needs a rest we simply can’t afford to right now. Every games a must win now need to be playing our strongest team as much as possible.

kidbob

This and the Palace games are the ones that worry me most before we play Leicester. A win here is a big deal in our run in. For that reason I think we need to forget about resting players for this one and play the same team as against Sheffield. There's the opportunity to rest the likes of Bruno against less tough opposition.

Adcuth

If Bruno is to be rested, I'd play Mctominay instead and give pogba more license to roam forward

cyberman

Play the full side, we have Bournmouth at home on Sat which will be their 2nd game in 3 days and is a lower risk fixture for us.

siw2007

De Gea
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams
    McTominay Matic Pogba
    Greenwood Martial Rashford
    Expect to see something near our first 11 on Tuesday. Bruno was flagging today so I think we will draft in McTominay who isn't as creative but hopefully he can frustrate an in form Brighton team. Third time lucky with Williams in for Shaw maybe, Luke did play 120min so I think this is sensible rotation, it is a little weaker without the ball on this side of the pitch so one of McTominay or Matic might step across.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Actually with the way Brighton play and like to keep possession rather than sit deep we need one of Mctominay or Fred.

De Gea
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    Fred Matic Pogba
    Greenwood Martial Rashford​

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    DDG; AW, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Matic, Pogba, McTominay; James, Martial, Rashford

Bruno, Williams, Fred, Greenwood, Ighalo to come on

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 64% of 360 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 379 ratings.