USREDEVIL

De Gea
    AWB--Lindelof--Maguire--Shaw
    Matic--Pogba
    Greenwood--Bruno--Rashford
    Martial

This is a must win so Bruno must start.

Maybe Williams for Shaw.

And Greenwood must start. He's currently our best RW.
    I agree with all this. Must win means people need to play even if a bit "knackered."

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    Lampard started every league game except 5 over a 6 year spell for Chelsea. We don’t need to rest players trom the start tomorrow. Best foot forward.

RedDevilRoshi

Never beaten them before away from home and hopefully that changes tomorrow! A few posters have mentioned to bench Bruno because he played 120 minutes at the weekend but then again so did both Maguire & Shaw, therefore should they both be rested too? Maguire himself has only missed two games all season (Astana away & Derby away). Team should be the same team that beat Sheffield Utd for me. This is a huge must win game and we need our best eleven on the park against a team that we haven’t beaten away from home yet and have also looked pretty decent since the league restarted. This will be a tough game but I’m hopeful we can narrowly scrape it

Starting XI

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw

Matic
    Pogba

Greenwood
    Fernandes
    Rashford

Martial

subs:
    Romero
    Dalot
    Bailly
    Williams
    McTominay
    Fred
    Mata
    James
    Ighalo

Score Prediction:
    Brighton 0-1 Manchester United

Perseus

Do Brighton sit back against big teams. The few times I've watched them against big opposition's they played fearlessly, passing the ball around and came to play
    BHA didn't pass it around against Arsenal and Leicester and the performances were disappointing.

roseguy64

Lampard started every league game except 5 over a 6 year spell for Chelsea. We don’t need to rest players trom the start tomorrow. Best foot forward.
    He usually did that with a full preseason behind him though and enough rest days in between.

The Boy

Supports
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    I could have sworn that the first 3 times I travelled all the way down to Brighton we won, and quite comfortably as well, mind you I was drinking a lot ...
    The last time you beat us away from OT was the FA Cup final replay, that still smarts as we should ahve won the the first game, damn you Gordon Smith, our fanzine is still called "and smith must score" but he still doesn't however many times I see it!

The last time you beat us at ours was April 1982 and that was at the Goldstone before it was torn down by our shameful board at the time. You''ve never won at the Amex though...... I have a feeling that may change in the next few hours though sadly.

The Boy

Supports
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    Come on Tariq Lamptey! Hope he starts for Brighton today. Huge test if he does.
    He made his debut against Leicester and played brilliantly, can't believe you guys let him go. Fantastic signing for us.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
    Scout
    He made his debut against Leicester and played brilliantly, can't believe you guys let him go. Fantastic signing for us.
    He had 6 months on his contract and had rejected our offers. Azpi and Reece James ahead of him and he didn't want to be third choice.

We got £4 mil apparently which is decent considering.

Wish him nothing but the best, watched him through the youth sides and he's a incredibly fun player to watch when he gets going.

The Boy

Supports
    Brighton and Hove Albion
    He had 6 months on his contract and had rejected our offers. Azpi and Reece James ahead of him and he didn't want to be third choice.

We got £4 mil apparently which is decent considering.

Wish him nothing but the best, watched him through the youth sides and he's a incredibly fun player to watch when he gets going.
    Hopefully will turn out to be an excellent bit of business for both of us.

We needed an upgrade at right back desperately after Bruno retired and this lad looks to be the business, I hope he is with us for years to come.

Relfy

This will be a tricky game and we've been shite each time we have played at the Amex, so I am hoping that with no home support to spur them on our superior players will make the difference.

Though I would be tempted to rest Bruno I think the game against Bournemouth is where I would be looking to rest him and bring in one of McT or Fred and push Pogba further forward.

This is very much a must win game. If we can get a couple of goals up within 60 mins we can then sub Bruno and give him some more time to rest that way.

Brighton 0-2 United

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    Leicester away at Everton and Chelsea at Westham where they haven't won yet either at the Olympic stadium. This is a real opportunity to turn up the heat on the two above us as well as go back above Wolves on GD should we win.

If we don't win then it's 6th place and a battle for 5th at best for me as we are fast running out of games.

No excuses today. Start the best team and take the game to them. Have to play with far more width than we did at Norwich.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
    Scout
    Leicester away at Everton and Chelsea at Westham where they haven't won yet either at the Olympic stadium. This is a real opportunity to turn up the heat on the two above us as well as go back above Wolves on GD should we win.

If we don't win then it's 6th place and a battle for 5th at best for me as we are fast running out of games.

No excuses today. Start the best team and take the game to them. Have to play with far more width than we did at Norwich.
    Those things shouldn't matter as it's behind closed doors, so every game is like in Neutral stadium,

The Red Thinker

I really can't see Fernandes starting this one. He played 120 minutes at full pelt 2 days ago. I've heard it takes a minimum of 3-4 days to recover from that kind of stress. Save him for the season.

That being said, Brighton are a dangerous team. Keeping Bruno on the bench for a late game assault if required will be key.

Riz

Obviously the staff will know best what condition Bruno is in to play but we shouldn’t be risking him if he’s not fully recovered from the 120 minute effort on Saturday. If he went off injured mid-game we’d be crushed and lose a lot of momentum for the next few games or even the season.

I think I’d give Pogba more of a license to play an advanced role given we’re blessed with 2 brilliant playmakers and sure up the midfield behind him with Matic and Fred/McTom. If needed Bruno could always come on in the last half hour to affect the game.

Pughnichi

Brighton have, historically been the most game raising team when they play us. Expecting a difficult game against a team that defend well in numbers.

I hope we destroy them though. No love whatsoever for that club

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Bruno is the fittest player in our squad, I think he will have no issues playing again today.

Andersons Dietician

Tricky one to pick as surely you would think the likes of Bruno, Shaw and Maguire should probably be rested but it’s a must win.

was thinking.
    DDG
    Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Williams
    Matic
    Fred. Pogba
    Greenwood Martial Rashford
    Bottled it and reckon he’ll just go full strength try and win it early and take them off earlier.

freeurmind

weak willed
    Might be tempted to rest Bruno and play Mata in the hole but we'll probably stick with the strongest 11. Our away form has been crap for a while, so fully expecting us to drop points here. Really good opportunity for DDG to win us a game, it's been a while.

G-manc

No messing around with the selection tonight - this is a must win game given Chelsea & Wolves form.

Matriac

I'm not saying I think the game is going to be easy, but we have another factor that's different from every game we've played away at theirs. Ole.
    We've won every game against them with him in charge. Might be down to how he sets our team up against them.

We've won the last two against them, and we are in terrific form, we almost had a banana-peel on Saturday but we managed to barely avoid it. That was a little wake-up call for the players to stay focused, with Ole seemingly having given them a piece of his mind, added on his comments in the presser.

I think we'll line up the same as our last league game, against Sheffield. I know I am being very ambitious but I think we'll come out of the gates firing on all cylinders, 0-4 result with resting several players after 60mins. Rashford brace and Greenwood/Ighalo.

G-manc

Might be tempted to rest Bruno and play Mata in the hole but we'll probably stick with the strongest 11.
    If that happens after Mata's performance against Norwich then Ole doesn't deserve to keep his job. The only hole i want to see Mata in is a sinkhole along with Lingard and Pereira.

TrustInOle

*today

A good chance he starts, if he does I hope we can have the game wrapped up where we can take him off to prevent injury.
    Oh crap. It is today, thanks man!

I would agree and hope we go full throttle and kill then game off when we can, any rest will be beneficial with how many games we have coming up. Have an inkling Fred might start along with Matic and Pogba.

Must win gam though! Leicester seem very good for us and Chelsea to catch them.

adamwest

Had a dream (nightmare) we lost. Just thought i'd throw that in the ring.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
    Scout
    They will park the bus and squeeze the space. If Bruno is to feature, I'd rather he come on in the second half to go at their tired legs. Greenwood, Pogba and Matic must start.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    I think we will smash them tonight like we did Sheffield. It might not reflect in the scoreline (maybe 2-1, 1-0, or maybe it will) but I think the game will be comfortable and we'll look back with "we could have scored more".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Bruno Fernandes image Bruno Fernandes 64% of 360 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 379 ratings.

Score Predictions