Kick-off
Sat, 26 September 2020 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Marcus

The number of times we left the right side of our defence unguarded was criminal.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Genuinely felt like football manager. You pump a team and they somehow beat you.

Awful, awful performance. Worst I've seen AWB play. Out of position, lazy tracking back, clueless.

Glorio

Genuinely felt like football manager. You pump a team and they somehow beat you.

Awful, awful performance. Worst I've seen AWB play. Out of position, lazy tracking back, clueless.
    I really don't understand it. I can understand one player having a game-long brain fart, but how come no one alerting him to it after about the 3rd time? Not himself, not his fellow players, not the manager either. Mad!

Were they just banking on a premier league player missing an open goal again and again?

TheLord

The most disgraceful way to win a football match. Truly atrocious. I am ashamed.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
    I really don't understand it. I can understand one player having a game-long brain fart, but how come no one alerting him to it after about the 3rd time? Not himself, not his fellow players, not the manager either. Mad!

Were they just banking on a premier league player missing an open goal again and again?
    To be fair, it that was his plan it worked to perfection. Maybe AWB just knew he didnt need to cover the right because they cant shoot from that side.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

We are so lucky the other team couldn't score. He alone was at fault for 3 efforts

Offsideagain

That has happened to us before now although I cannot think of one. Maybe Newcastle at OT a few years ago when Pardew was in charge. Complete embarrassment. I bet they are measuring the goal posts tonight. Funny if it’s United that hit the woodwork five times it’s poor finishing, anyone else it’s bad luck. We were battered.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    No after match thread today, or can no-one be bothered?

Understandable probably as this one will do.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
    AWB was absolutely shocking today. Can't believe he didn't get subbed. Constantly out of position, slow, seemed uninterested - worrying. I hope it's just a fitness issue but that wouldn't explain his positioning. Wish I knew how many chances Brighton got down their left - it was a lot. Otherwise we were still shite but I'd say less shite than last week. Fitness very much still a factor here - as is confidence.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Up there with our luckiest ever wins that. Even luckier than that 2-1 win at Fulham a few years back when Van Der Sar had a worldie and the 1-0
    win at Anfield a week later. Maybe it’s our year.

Dve

AWB was absolutely shocking today. Can't believe he didn't get subbed. Constantly out of position, slow, seemed uninterested - worrying. I hope it's just a fitness issue but that wouldn't explain his positioning. Wish I knew how many chances Brighton got down their left - it was a lot. Otherwise we were still shite but I'd say less shite than last week. Fitness very much still a factor here - as is confidence.
    Not sure it can all be blamed on Bissaka. When we are outnumbered in the middle, he sort of have to fall in, but then someone else needs to cover the flank, i.e. Greenwood (or one of the DMs), but defensive contribution is not his strong side, to say the least. James or Mata would have offered the cover (not saying they should start instead, of course).

Craig Ward

Another lazy, woeful display.

I'm really shocked at how the team is at the moment, Ole has constantly said he wants a fit team, a motivated team and we just look half arsed all the time lately. I'm not having fatigue or any "lack of preseason" nonsense. These are professional athletes its the bare minimum to be able to put a shift in.

Maguire has no pace, we know this. He's always going to struggle against any forward who can run in behind. What bothers me most is how poor he is in the aspects of his game he's usually good at. His form has dropped off, all this Greece nonsense has obviously had an effect on him mentally. Lindelof has maintained his form to be fair - he's always been this shit. AWB needs to wake up too - he looks like he's on a comedown after a 14 day bender in Ibiza. He doesnt know where he is.

Pogba too - abysmal doesnt cover it. Shambolic midfield display again. Our forwards cant get into the game because our midfield do not control the game and our defenders cant defend.

We dont work hard enough, we dont press, we allow opposition forwards to have too much time on the ball and do what they want. No organisation from our "captain" and too many players looking for someone else to do they're job. No passion, no commitment, just a mess at the moment

We are in for a grim season unless every man in that starting 11 starts to play with some commitment instead of half arsed jogging around. Every single one of our players was outworked against Brighton - that cannot happen moving forward

How we won is a miracle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 358 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win