Sat, 26 September 2020 @ 12:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cliche Guevara

Brighton have a back five numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Not seen that for about 30 years and deserves 3 bonus points in itself.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    I'm not happy to see Lindelöf starting again, but there's also something to be said for being backed. Again: Victor Lindelöf was the man of the match against Leicester in our last game of the season when we secured the CL spot. Is 1 bad game enough to be dumped? Eric Bailly just played in the week, and he's injury prone as they come. He might simply be part of a rotation, we can't afford to have our centerbacks getting injured. Is Bailly suddenly ready for multiple games a week?

The only player I disagree with starting is Pogba, I think he was very poor against Palace, and Van De Beek had a really good debut. Then again, he also played against Luton, so this is just another part of what is going to happent he entire season: Players being rested and rotated between cup and league games.

It's a very intense season, he needs to bench players frequently unless they're named Harry Maguire who seem to be made of actual rock.

Man-United

I'm sure Ole said wrong yesterday when mentioned "Eric and Harry" because after that he mentioned "Eric" again. I think he meant Victor and Harry after watching that presser again.

Orestetes

Lindelof isn’t a knee jerk, he’s cost us quite a few goals recently. At some point his spot needs to be under threat.
    We should be beyond that point already. Had to be dropped a long time ago

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Ole's faith in some players might end up costing him eventually but it's also why the players like and respect him.

dove

I disagree and I think Bailly’s style complements Maguire much better. Lindelof has been costing us again and again so when you use the word trash it can easily apply to him as well.
    Overrating of Bailly is quite something here on Caf. This guy can't stay fit more than 2 games in a row, have at least 2-3 brain farts every game and should have been sold years ago. He should be nowhere near the first team and for all his faults, Lindelof is still better than what we have on the bench. Of course it doesn't make him great or anything.

Cardboard elk

Supports
    Rosenborg
    United will win 3-1. Good lineup. I think we will see a motivated and far better performance today.

-Supreme-

Bailly will get plenty of mins, we have another game in midweek against Brighton again in the cup.

Ole is putting pressure on Lindelof to perform, I have no doubt he will be displaced in the team if his performances do not improve in the next few games.

Raven

You’re right. Otherwise half the players would have been replaced every second match but players must be able to fail once in a while, or we’ll have a players who are afraid of playing. This was the easiest 11/11 I have ever predicted. Last seasons preferred staring xi because nobody is injured.
    Yeah, Lindelof was also really good towards the end of last season yet people are trying to convince me that he's been shite for ages.

AndyMUFC

It's a much stronger team with Wan Bissaka, Matic and Greenwood in it so hopefully we can do the business.

Ralph1386

I'm not happy to see Lindelöf starting again, but there's also something to be said for being backed. Again: Victor Lindelöf was the man of the match against Leicester in our last game of the season when we secured the CL spot. Is 1 bad game enough to be dumped? Eric Bailly just played in the week, and he's injury prone as they come. He might simply be part of a rotation, we can't afford to have our centerbacks getting injured. Is Bailly suddenly ready for multiple games a week?

The only player I disagree with starting is Pogba, I think he was very poor against Palace, and Van De Beek had a really good debut. Then again, he also played against Luton, so this is just another part of what is going to happent he entire season: Players being rested and rotated between cup and league games.

It's a very intense season, he needs to bench players frequently unless they're named Harry Maguire who seem to be made of actual rock.
    It’s been more than one bad game, that’s why people are up in arms.

laughtersassassin

Our depth is pathetic. We really going to try play an entire season with 3 attackers?

Chelsea have 7.

Utdstar01

Yeah, Lindelof was also really good towards the end of last season yet people are trying to convince me that he's been shite for ages.
    He wasn't really good at all. If he is the standard we are looking to then feck me.

Ralph1386

Overrating of Bailly is quite something here on Caf. This guy can't stay fit more than 2 games in a row, have at least 2-3 brain farts every game and should have been sold years ago. He should be nowhere near the first team and for all his faults, Lindelof is still better than what we have on the bench. Of course it doesn't make him great or anything.
    Like I said, I disagree and Lindelof has been equally as trash as some of our other CBs.

Dve

I originally had Bailly in my team, but changed it to Lindelöf after the presser yesterday. Yes, he was talking up Bailly, but also said we´ll see a lot of him this season and he will improve (sounded like words of consolidation).

I had a feeling he would go back to his preferred lineup from after the lockdown, so 11 of 11 then :)

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
    He wasn't really good at all. If he is the standard we are looking to then feck me.
    Innit. He gets exposed time and time again.

Last time he was "good" was towards the end of the 18/19 season when he was the best of a bad bunch.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    Dan James not in the squad. Injured? Leaving? Just left out?
    Think this is a wake up call leaving out for James. He's been spoon fed chances and he's not grabbing them. As Ole states frequently: It's up to the players to be ready when they are called upon. Being left out (in the short term) can be a very motivating factor for a struggling player. A simple "I'll show them" mentality boost.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
    I would've liked to have seen Bailly starting but I understand that maybe he's not fit enough to play two games in a week.

Man-United

He had arguably his best game against Leicester last game of the season. Numerous feck ups scattered throughout the season. If you want unreliable then okay.
    But the alternative is Bailly, there you have mr unrealible himself.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
    Why are we such overwhelming favourites? We've only won at Brighton once since they've come up?

cj_sparky

Victor starts, there's a shock. :rolleyes:

Lack of support for our front three, no Mata, James or Ighalo on the bench...3 central midfielders...and Lingard...

youngrell

I’m sure those missing from the bench are with a view to Weds night’s game too. Imagine all the obvious ones missing will be getting a start there.

Utdstar01

But the alternative is Bailly, there you have mr unrealible himself.
    In the games Bailly has played lately, he's been the best CB on the pitch. Played in arguably our best defensive performance last season vs Chelsea in that 2-0 win. He does have his moments i admit but he's a better player than Lindelof.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 358 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw