Brighton press conference

Dante

Average bang
It almost sounds like Ole considers our first choice CB pairing to be Bailly and Maguire. Interesting.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It almost sounds like Ole considers our first choice CB pairing to be Bailly and Maguire. Interesting.
Hopefully by seasons end it’s Axel and Harry

Okey

Would be great if it's Axel that steps up. Great win for the academy. Maguire is a much better defender than many give him credit for. He just must have a quick, aggressive CB next to him. He's been very good everywhere he's played except here where he's been paired with Lindelof mostly. Even then, still looks better whenever Bailly plays with him. Hopefully we see that again tomorrow..

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He talks how great defensive record we had last season with Eric and Harry. Lindelof pissed him so hard that he wants to write him off even from history books? :lol:
My boy Victor is fecked

red4ever 79

Does anyone know what Smalling has done to p*ss Ole off so much. I dont get it. At least the guy went and played football last season. Fecking Jones and Rojo

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
it will be Lindelof and Harry with Axel & Bailly competing for the most comfy bed at the treatment room alongside to Shaw.

It's B Rubble

The Bailly comment may be to give him some confidence, hopefully to fulfill the potential Mourinho saw in him. But Mou also saw potential in Dalot so who knows.

Cloud7

I like Bailly quite a lot, so I'm glad that Ole thinks he's worth persevering with. I certainly have a lot more hope for him than Lindelof, and always have.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Does anyone know what Smalling has done to p*ss Ole off so much. I dont get it. At least the guy went and played football last season. Fecking Jones and Rojo
It was the game away to Everton 4-0.

After that i'm pretty sure he never played again and was sent on loan. They must have had a proper bust up after that match.

Irrational.

Ole's showing us a different side here, probably reflecting the exasperation and frustrations of the transfer window activity.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Does anyone believe Bailly will stay fit for a season? I wouldn't put a bet on it if it was 100/1

Paul_Scholes18

Ole's showing us a different side here, probably reflecting the exasperation and frustrations of the transfer window activity.
Shows his poor management skills. He needs to work with the full squad and not just the first 11.
Maybe why our second team look so poor a lot when they play.

Irrational.

How did you get to this from that quote :confused:
He comes across as quite uncaring and abrasive - he clearly isn't happy with the players he has for selection and our struggles to shift the likes of Rojo and Lingard.

He's also kinda hung Lindelof out to dry in the same press conference.

I'm assuming the lack of quality he has at his disposal, exacerbated by our piss poor transfer activity is getting to him.

Alemar

What “Harry-Eric partnership says season” was OGS talking about? We played predominantly a pair of Maguire and Lindelöf...

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
This place...ffs.

He's not saying he doesn't give a shit about their happiness on a human level, as members of the squad he's managing. He's - obviously - saying that it's not his job to "keep them happy" by just giving them minutes/games: they have to earn it, i.e. they have to force their way into his plans, etc.

K_Ash

Does anyone believe Bailly will stay fit for a season? I wouldn't put a bet on it if it was 100/1
it is fine, go with him until he gets injured (if that's what it takes), In time for Axel. Let's just stay away from Lindelof unless we are forced to.
Lindelof and Maguire have played enough together to know each other.

Paul_Scholes18

He clearly doesn't view them as being part of the squad. Neither of them would make our second eleven if everyone was fit.
I can understand Rojo to a degree since he is always injured too and we want to sell.
Although Romero has been a great servant for us and deserve a chance to fight his way back.
Making them feel part of the squad can still be important for teamspirit.
I guess if happy means play them a lot then that is obviously not going to happen unless they improve a lot.

Jaxa

He talks how great defensive record we had last season with Eric and Harry. Lindelof pissed him so hard that he wants to write him off even from history books? :lol:
My boy Victor is fecked
And so he should be, the guy is a liability in that defence and needs permanently replaced asap, i like Vic, he comes across well, but time and time again he is getting caught with his pants down in games, the iceman has well and truly melted.

Red_toad

Sounds like he’s done with lindelof and it’s finally dawned on him we need to play players who compliment each other.

crossy1686

career ending

I personally think the Palace selection was a protest pick. Starting James and FSM on the right side was a message to the board. I don't think Woodward and Solskjaer see eye to eye and it's starting to show in the things that are being said and team selections.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
it is fine, go with him until he gets injured (if that's what it takes), In time for Axel. Let's just stay away from Lindelof unless we are forced to.
Lindelof and Maguire have played enough together to know each other.
That's very optimistic. Let's suppose Bailly gets injured in the next 2-3 matches. Hopefully Alex will be back then, but he's got a lot of question marks hanging over himself with regards to staying fit. It's a very precarious situation.

youngrell

This is the third season in a row that Lindelof has started poorly with goal-conceding mistakes. He usually grows into the season and is fairly solid but if ever there was an opportunity for Bailly to stake a claim it is now. He needs to stay fit.

Ace of Spades

It is very understanding that he starts to get frustrated, it is not all about incoming players, but also about getting some players out. If some of players are not good enough, then get them out quicker. There are some players who are earning millions while not even training every week, much less being a reliable part of the squad.

Think the minimum expectations was at least to do business quickly, get players that are not needed out and players that we need in early in the window.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I personally think the Palace selection was a protest pick. Starting James and FSM on the right side was a message to the board. I don't think Woodward and Solskjaer see eye to eye and it's starting to show in the things that are being said and team selections.
Yeah I thought that as well

Web of Bissaka

Jokes aside, you have to feel for him.

Club is not really backing him fully by being clueless in football, and many players took advantage of it by being complacent.. then again it also tells a lot that he is not...

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Nothing to do with AWB and Greenwood being in isolation in the week leading up to the game then?

crossy1686

career ending
Nothing to do with AWB and Greenwood being in isolation in the week leading up to the game then?
Of course, but why not highlight exactly how bad that right side is when you take them out? Wan-Bissaka was back in training from Monday so he could have played if Ole wanted him to.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Of course, but why not highlight exactly how bad that right side is when you take them out? Wan-Bissaka was back in training from Monday so he could have played if Ole wanted him to.
I'm sorry but you are looking for something that isn't there. AWB had been to Dubai?, and Greenwood had been up to his shenanigans whilst on International duty and they both had to go into isolation for a set period of time and weren't with the main group in the lead up to the match.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm sorry but you are looking for something that isn't there. AWB had been to Dubai?, and Greenwood had been up to his shenanigans whilst on International duty and they both had to go into isolation for a set period of time and weren't with the main group in the lead up to the match.
Wan-Bissaka had been in full group training since Monday and Greenwood didn't have to be dropped. Pogba had just recovered from COVID and played the full 90 minutes.

Solskjaer has been sending out all kinds of messages to the players and board room since the season started. He's not even put some players on the bench because he wants them gone and he's making it clear, Smalling and Rojo are training with the reserves. It's not far fetched to think that in a game where he knew Woodward would attend, he would play the second string on the right hand side to highlight exactly what our issues are outside the first 11.