Television Brooklyn Nine Nine

Brophs

The One and Only
Since I introduced the Caf to Jason Byrne's shitcom tonight, I thought I'd better balance it out a bit by recommending a pretty funny show. It's a cop show spoof from the makers of Parks and Rec. It stars Andy Samberg (who I usually find funny, but lots of people don't), a load of other people and my new celeb crush, Chelsea Peretti. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I reckon it has a bit of potential.

Ivor Ballokov

The first episode was ok, I'll definitely stick with it though because of Schur and Goor's pedigree. Certainly has a Parks, The Office vibe to it.

kps88

I refuse to watch this until I know for sure it won't abruptly get cancelled.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Watched this and Dads the other day. Unlike Dads, I'll keep watching this.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Watched this and Dads the other day. Unlike Dads, I'll keep watching this.
There's a reason I'm willing to stick with Dads...alternatively I could just watch first ep again and again and again.

Brophs

The One and Only
I'm really enjoying this. It's not absolutely filled with gags but most of the cast are really likeable. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled, which Parks and Rec always seems to be in danger of.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's decent. Probably will get cancelled after a season or two. But it fills up time, something new to watch and better than most things that are on TV. Mostly down to Andy Samberg and good female actors. They sure are popping up by the tons lately.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
One of my favourite current sitcoms right now, though that might be because there's not alot of good around at the moment. I think it helps if you like Samberg, which not everybody does. Joe whatshisface is great too. He always seems to have great minor roles in comedy films, so it's good to see him in a supporting role.

I actually didn't know that the makers of this were producers/writers on Parks and Rec.

After doing some research on that, I also learned that one of the two creators, Michael Schur, is also known for his role as Mose Schrute on The Office. Great trivia.

Cina

Yeah I caught up with this at the weekend, it's enjoyable, it does give off a sort of Scrubs mixed with Parks and Rec vibe. Terry Crews is great at being Terry Crews as usual.

Not great by any means but certainly has lots of potential.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I agree with the Scrubs comparison. The silly cutaway gags are very similar, though it doesn't have the emotive moral at the end, which is good. It's the only part of Scrubs I didn't really care for.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Anyone else watches this? I started last night, and I have to admit, Andy Samberg's done a decent job. Can't get used to Terry Crews in a normal cop role. Andre Braugher is probably the best part of the show, apart from Melissa Fumero, of course :drool:

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
7.7 on imdb, might have to add this to the list.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I watch it. It's decent. You laugh at it, it's not boring. Better than most of the stuff out there. Those with a crush on Aubrey Plaza might like this one chick in there. She's a similar type. In fact, I suspect that people that love Parks and Rec might in general enjoy this show.

LARulz

I watch it. It's decent. You laugh at it, it's not boring. Better than most of the stuff out there. Those with a crush on Aubrey Plaza might like this one chick in there. She's a similar type. In fact, I suspect that people that love Parks and Rec might in general enjoy this show.

Thats bit actually pisses me off. Its almost a carbon copy of her, they put almost no thought into the character.

Haven't seen a few weeks worth of eps but was decent when I watched. I'll catch up on it next week when I've got a couple days off

Goooose

Very late to the party, but I love this show. Won a couple golden globes, so hopefully it gets renewed. Season finale tonight.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Wikipedia says it was extended to 22

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I didn't find the first episode of it that funny, just seemed like "look at me I'm a moron", "I'm a suckup", "I'm a robot female cop with no emotions" and "I'm a clumsy dipstick"

Acquiring the rest of the eps so far to kill time though. Better than watching repeats of stuff I've already seen.

Levo

Band of Brothers
I've only got E4 to watch this on so only seen the pilot so far, liking it though.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Am I right in thinking the main actor is one of the duo out of 'The Lonely Island'?

Goooose

I didn't find the first episode of it that funny, just seemed like "look at me I'm a moron", "I'm a suckup", "I'm a robot female cop with no emotions" and "I'm a clumsy dipstick"
I'm not saying it's a lot smarter than your description, but the characters are likeable, and I've found every episode funny so far.

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I'm probably going to give it a few more eps tonight instead of watching Family Guy as my background noise while browsing.

Cina

The latest two episodes were the best yet. It's definitely a grower. I do feel it lacks a stand out character though, a Dwight/Ron/Tobias that most great comedies have.