Television Brooklyn Nine Nine

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Watching the first episode now, it’s not great

I always felt in earlier seasons they handled social matters really well but it just feels forced and spoonfed now

Feels similar to Always Sunny in that it feels like they’re trying to act as the characters now rather than just be them

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
First episode of the new season was absolutely terrible, I’ve no idea how they thought they’d hit the right note with it.

Episodes 2-4 were much better, especially 4. The cold open was brilliant.

parkthebuslads

The latest episodes are just awful. They make The Good Fight look apolitical and it's all just so heavy handed and awkward.

Sylar

Its so weird they are breezing through episodes with back to back (double episodes). Its like the network just wants it out the way

Not that im complaining as im enjoying this season. I enjoeyd the Doug Judy one. I also liked the 'speed' one. Dont mind what they were going for in that episode, it was better than the way they did it in episode 1.

Doug Judy is the the best though.

Dante

Average bang
I really enjoyed episode 7. It was like classic B99 with all the Boyle family weirdness.

Episode 8 wasn't quite as good, though. It felt a like a series wrap-up episode where the writers wanted to close off some stroylines and give minor characters their final airtime. Understandable in the greater context. But not especially funny in its own right. Episode 9 will probably be similar. Not expecting any fireworks for episode 10 either (though hoping for a final Gina appearance).

Sylar

I really enjoyed episode 7. It was like classic B99 with all the Boyle family weirdness.

Episode 8 wasn't quite as good, though. It felt a like a series wrap-up episode where the writers wanted to close off some stroylines and give minor characters their final airtime. Understandable in the greater context. But not especially funny in its own right. Episode 9 will probably be similar. Not expecting any fireworks for episode 10 either (though hoping for a final Gina appearance).
The boyle stuff was great

I didn't mind ep8, but I get what you mean. Holt carried that episode

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Bit where Terry has to run for help and yells out 'This is immediately terrible!' was the hardest I've laughed in ages.

Nice to see the Scrubs guy back, though he looks...unwell.

Amazing show, time to finish up, basically.

Dante

Average bang
Series finale tonight. Whatever happens, I think the show deserves to be remembered as one of the best long-running sitcoms ever.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Among the better finales one could hope for. Had good mix of comedy and emotion

)_(

Except for the first episode and a few moments I thought the final season was well done. I don't think any show does really well when they try to include too much commentary on a current issue, it's often way too heavy handed though I understand why they felt the need to do it but there were some good episodes in there for me and I loved the ending which is more than you can say for a lot of shows.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It was just the right balance of self indulgent meta as well. The joke about the Brooklyn bridge intro and them only getting falafel was good.

LARulz

Good finale but felt Jake leaving the NYPD completely than taking a break or something was a bit random. I know it's a comedy but was expecting Amy to say they can't afford it and Jake going "oh yeah" as part of a joke. Unless Amy's new job doubled her salary

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Good finale but felt Jake leaving the NYPD completely than taking a break or something was a bit random. I know it's a comedy but was expecting Amy to say they can't afford it and Jake going "oh yeah" as part of a joke. Unless Amy's new job doubled her salary
I think they just needed something big to end on.

Dante

Average bang

Called it! Even down to the fact there technically weren't any real fireworks.

Really good finale. Managed to be funny and sentimental, which is all you can ask from a sitcom.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Enjoyed it, good final season tbh, couldn't expect much more.

"Can you put me back in a coma" cracked me up when he said it :lol: also asking Terry to do the other wall :lol:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Great show. Wonder if Jake was actually crying in the last scene with the Captain.

Norris

Man, that was a great finale. Some solid comedic moments and some really touching ones too. I'm actually gonna miss this show.

LARulz

I think they just needed something big to end on.
Yeah I know but he could have left/come back after the year or something. Dunno, it just felt odd he'd be a stay at home dad for the rest of his time and Amy would have no problem being able to continue funding their lifestyle

I am reading way too much into it and picking gaps for no reason really :lol: it was a great finale overall and gave closure that everyone was still in contact/friends. The Holt and Jake Convo was my favourite

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I stopped watching around the second season when they switched to a new channel I think. Felt like the show dropped in quality. I heard good things about the finale. Is it worth picking up where I left it or should I go straight into the last season?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I stopped watching around the second season when they switched to a new channel I think. Felt like the show dropped in quality. I heard good things about the finale. Is it worth picking up where I left it or should I go straight into the last season?
I'd pick up where you left off tbh, otherwise you're gonna miss a lot of callbacks in the final.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good finale, very good show overall.

Sylar

Finally got a chance to watch this. Amazing ending, especially all the callbacks and surprises.

Brilliant and well done. Man, im gonna miss this show. Holt was MVP but I really liked the blend of the cast.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Watching some old episodes on TV, they used to be so funny :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think this was one of the best comedies in terms of everyone of the main cast having great chemistry with one another. Even in great comedies you have a character that doesn't gel as well with another, but I thought everyone gelled together brilliantly here.

Saying that, I've still got a lot of the show left to watch!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I rewatch it periodically. It's really up there with scrubs as my all time favourite sitcom

lsd

The Oracle
I rewatch it periodically.

That really should have been your post, instead you snatched defeat from the jaws of victory

Rewatching the entire series just finished season one again. I forgot Boyle's crush on Rosa