Bruno and Ronaldo bullying Lingard into celebrating his goal

crossy1686

career ending
I’d hope Zlatan would act similarly against us.

I’d also understand if Lukaku goes nuts.
I think the people who pay their wages would want them to show that they are dedicated to them and not concerned about showing the opposition too much respect. Who gives a shit if they celebrate? They don’t owe us anything.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Only on the Caf a light hearted thread becomes an opinionated and virtue signalling one.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I don't really give a shit and I'm happy for him, but I find it odd to say it's justified as he respects them. In a similar vein - is it not a little bit disrespectful to the United fans, considering it's a late winner and he fecked up the game before?
Disrespectful to United fans?

Is this the same bunch who have been abusing him all week?

Leave him alone...let him celebrate however he wants and build his confidence back so that he can regain his form of a couple of years back.

Just enjoy the win...

:)

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
If he puts the ball in the net I dont care if he goes mad, doesnt celebrate at all or takes a shit on the ref, He scored, after that he can do what he likes.

Ananke

It's an odd position for him to be in. Had a good loan season at West Ham where he got a lot of love from their supporters. Obviously helped his confidence massively. Got applauded onto the pitch by the stadium, then scores a hell of a winner against them in the last minutes of the match.

He's United through and through but it's hard to ignore the season he had there. Respectful of him, glad our players pushed him in the direction of our travelling away fans. I don't see the issue with muted celebrations when they make sense. Personally there was enough in this to make sense for Jesse.

Bruno + Ronaldo basically reminding him who his real fans are was perfect though. Passion for the club right there. :drool:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Disrespectful to United fans?

Is this the same bunch who have been abusing him all week?

Leave him alone...let him celebrate however he wants and build his confidence back so that he can regain his form of a couple of years back.

Just enjoy the win...

:)
Look at my posts. I'm not interested in what Jesse did. The argument is against the way people justify it.

Gonçalo Motta

I don't understand the issue here.

He played for them for a short time but they showed nothing but respect while he played there and when he came in this match.
If it was Ronaldo doing that, he would be applauded for showing respect but since it's Lingard he has to celebrate otherwise he is not a true man utd player or wtv some people are saying.

People just try to find anything they can to complain about him but if I was in his shoes I wouldn't celebrate either.

I get why Bruno and Ronaldo were "forcing him" to celebrate. After the CL display, they want the fans to be on Lingard's side again but not celebrating out of respect isn't a problem whatsoever

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I don't really give a shit and I'm happy for him, but I find it odd to say it's justified as he respects them. In a similar vein - is it not a little bit disrespectful to the United fans, considering it's a late winner and he fecked up the game before?
I agree with you. He should have been celebrating and at the end show sign of respect to West Ham.

TrustInOle

West ham fans applauded him coming onto the pitch out of respect for what he contributed towards their season last year, Jesse returns that respect by not celebrating a goal that has probably just lost them the game. It was his way of showing respect for a set of fans that treated him well compared to the constant drivel of hate he receives from his boyhood clubs fans. Speaks highly of him as a person in my view.

Causes United no distress what so ever, so don't understand the problems towards him, or is it because this is the only stick to beat him with at the minute?

Moby

Dick
I agree with you. He should have been celebrating and at the end show sign of respect to West Ham.
The problem is him celebrating means dancing like a complete lunatic which is practically shoving a middle finger up the opposition fans arse. Maybe if he had a more subtle/decent celebration in his arsenal he might not have been so hesitant. :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The problem is him celebrating means dancing like a complete lunatic which is practically shoving a middle finger up the opposition fans arse. Maybe if he had a more subtle/decent celebration in his arsenal he might not have been so hesitant. :lol:
Well doesn’t have to dance every time just hug your team mates scream a bit. Save the dancing for the Emirates.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
GifLord you have violated terms of service of the nice website people. Such shameful behaviour. At any rate, could you re-upload it please?
They've already banned my 3rd proxy and i've already deleted all my recordings :mad:

Glorio

I don't think anyone is taking the celebration or lack thereof seriously to be honest, if anything, folks are more concerned about arguing with themselves than any particular ill feeling against Lingard, or Bruno and Ronaldo for that matter

weizxx

I was told that just before he got on, the West Ham fans were chanting his name. How can you celebrate a goal against them?

Shiva87

The negativity on this thread is so odd - for a player who came on and scored the winner in the 90th minute, how can fans be upset he didn't celebrate. Didn't he literally do his job?

Also West Ham fans have shown a lot of love and respect to him in his 6 months there, and when he came on. He is like West Ham's Henrik Larsson IMO - with his goals and assists last season taking west ham to Europe.

Would United fans not love it if Larsson had come back and showed respect by not celebrating?

Devil77

West ham fans applauded him coming onto the pitch out of respect for what he contributed towards their season last year, Jesse returns that respect by not celebrating a goal that has probably just lost them the game. It was his way of showing respect for a set of fans that treated him well compared to the constant drivel of hate he receives from his boyhood clubs fans. Speaks highly of him as a person in my view.

Causes United no distress what so ever, so don't understand the problems towards him, or is it because this is the only stick to beat him with at the minute?
Perfectly summed up!

Nickelodeon

Its also a probable next club for him who could pay him a decent signing on fee plus a last major contract. I would be nice to them in this scenario as well.

Eddy_JukeZ

I have no issue with him not celebrating even with his short stint at the club.

Real Name

I just cant believe there's such a serious talk about was it justifiable that he celebrated or not. And in a thread which started as a fun one. I mean celebrating a goal and justify in a same sentence. Some of you take football way too seriously.

justsomebloke

I think it was class from Lingard. West Ham were a respectful host and applauded him into the game. It was right not to celebrate too much at their place
I agree, pure class that was. Particularly given how much reason he had to celebrate, redeeming himself from basically giving away a CL point against YBB.