Bruno and Ronaldo bullying Lingard into celebrating his goal

TheReligion

Abusive
Had me in absolute stitches. The pair of them pushing him towards the United fans and Ronnie telling him off for being muted :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Guy only spent like a few months there. Was so strange to see him not celebrating. Well done to Bruno and Cristiano. :lol:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Guy only spent like a few months there. Was so strange to see him not celebrating. Well done to Bruno and Cristiano. :lol:
I guess he wanted to return the sentiment after they applauded him on but yeah it was a bit weird.

Mercurial

It's his and the clubs contingency plan, so from a logical point it made some type of sense, but the boys took care of it in a good way.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Never seen a player who has spent 90% of his career at one club, who scores for that club do such a sheepish celebration when scoring at a team he was at for a few months!

mu4c_20le

Peer pressure is a thing at our club it seems. Wouldn't be surprised if Pogba also bullied young Jesse into the brand stuff.

Red00012

Been at Utd since he was in nappies but decides not to celebrate against a club who was on loan with for a few months :lol:

Droid_Repairs

I think it was class from Lingard. West Ham were a respectful host and applauded him into the game. It was right not to celebrate too much at their place

LARulz

I thought it was pretty obvious why he didn't do his usual celebration

He was in a low point in not just career, but life and at West Ham he got picked up not just cos he was playing but felt supported by everyone. Also they gave him a very warm welcome onto the pitch

VP

It's against the club where he effectively revived his career - totally understandable.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’ll let them spit roast my wife so like bullying Jessie isn’t something that will trouble me too much.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Been at Utd since he was in nappies but decides not to celebrate against a club who was on loan with for a few months :lol:
Before he scored that, which group of fans were the ones giving him abuse all week?

Alek M

Da manic one
I will defend Lingard for this. He was at the lowest spot in his career with United. West Ham got him and gave him a life line and rejuvenated his career. He is thankful for that support and getting him back up.

I would have done the same.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
West Ham took a chance on him and going there has revitalised his career. I get why he wouldn’t want to sour the memory of his time there by celebrating.

I really don’t give a feck. He clearly enjoyed it and will be celebrating like mad away from the cameras

Tarrou

this no celebration thing is utter bollocks

its a fecking game of football get a grip

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I will defend Lingard for this. He was at the lowest spot in his career with United. West Ham got him and gave him a life line and rejuvenated his career. He is thankful for that support and getting him back up.

Completely agree. I find it bizarre that it bothers some of our fans that he didn’t celebrate

Chairman Steve

Irony as Lingard can’t wait to do his celebrations most of the time it feels like :lol: I‘d celebrate the feck out of sending one straight into the top corner of the net in the 90th minute like he did, even if it was against Utd.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
It's nice of him but I loved the angle which shows Bruno pushing him into the stands.

The goal itself was a bit mad tbf. It went so quiet for a second you almost thought there is no goal.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
It's against the club where he effectively revived his career - totally understandable.
Exactly, it really isn't hard, he went there at his lowest ebb and left having probably about as well thought of as a footballer as he ever has been throughout his career. People will just willing be ignorant for whatever reason.

CloneMC16

I honestly don't know how he stayed so calm after scoring such a great goal in the 88th minute. Ice runs in those veins!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

yeah I agree, even though he was only there a short time they really did revitalise his career And he enjoyed his time at West Ham so I’d have respect for them too if I was Jesse.

kps88

Yeah not surprised he did it. You also have to take into account that they will be in the mix if he decides to leave.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Think he was hoping to go there in the summer and maybe doesn’t want to burn his bridges for next.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well West Ham loss is our gain.Thanks for not taking Lingard, 3 points instead of 1.

Devil may care

It was strange not to celebrate such a stonking winner, he was only there a few months.