Bruno fans vs Pogba fans - Why?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
There’s Pogba fans because we don’t like discrimination. It’s that simple. I’m sure half the Pogba fans would actually love to just criticise him for having poor games.. but there’s always a black cloud around his critics and we all know why it is. Started from the media and has just spread. I repeat let’s hope when he leaves this doesn’t spread to Mason.;)
Just because you can probably find an example of someone somewhere criticising Pogba partly or wholly based on their racist views we can't allow you to run around labeling everyone who criticises Pogda as being racist. So stop it.

He may be a talented player but he has seriously under-delivered at United. There are mitigating circumstances but it can't all be United's fault.

You see. I criticised Pogda with no racism involved.

meamth

If they was both free I think only United (fans) would pick Bruno over Pogba. But chalk and cheese. Some of our fans are so deluded it’s weird. I’m convinced no one actually knows football.

I mean our fans actually think Bruno is better than Grealish :lol:
It's easy isn't it? Patient and faithful fans are all deluded. Nice assumption, mate.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Language.

Who said anything about the Cafe I’m talking in general.
Saying the same thing in general would be stupid too.

A minority of his critics no doubt have a problem with Pogba because of his race, as with many black players unfortunately.

But Pogba's actual performances for Manchester United have given people ample legitimate reason to criticise him. Pointing to racism ahead of his own sustained underachievement is ridiculous.

RooneyLegend

Cause according to some on the caf Paul is trash that should bench despite the options being Scotty McT(who cant play) and Fred (who can barely play) while Bruno is the saviour and Eric mach 2.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
This discussion is actually an interesting insight into tribal mentality and the way fans interact from bunkers now that social media platforms are engineering this type of siege mentality opinion contestation.

It is probably a dash of Bruno fans don't like Pogba because he represents the complete opposite of what Bruno is. (Synergy with perceived club mentality though) I would say 30/70.
70 being Pogba fans don't like Bruno because he represents on the field the exact opposite to what Pogba has achieved so far. (Actually works, no matter what happens he integrates with the entire team properly and has had important performances).

This whole flashpoint discussion actually intertwines really scarily well with the social media type mentalities of hurling abuse at anything that these people don't like.
Getting really emotionally invested and lashing out as if any criticism is vicariously being aimed at their affiliation/love for said player rather than an acceptance to want to debate the current situation.

If they was both free I think only United (fans) would pick Bruno over Pogba. But chalk and cheese. Some of our fans are so deluded it’s weird. I’m convinced no one actually knows football.

This couldn't be a more perfect encapsulation of my latter point. Essentially calling people 'deluded' and 'know nothings' about football for giving their own opinion on a situation. It's just treating a stubbed toe with a backhand to the face type of mentality.

RashyForPM

You have a cheek calling others deluded when you're coming out with this pile of horseshit. Grealish Vs Bruno is debatable, although I wouldn't swap them at all due to Bruno's impact and leadership since his arrival. However, Pogba Vs Bruno is like a choice of someone who doesn't contribute against someone who does. It's that simple.

Put it this way, of course both played together after lockdown, but during our unbeaten streak where we revived our season before lockdown and after Bruno's arrival, do you think we would have had that form if Pogba was in Bruno's position? If your answer is yes, you're either 'deluded' or you just 'don't know football'.

RashyForPM

There’s Pogba fans because we don’t like discrimination. It’s that simple. I’m sure half the Pogba fans would actually love to just criticise him for having poor games.. but there’s always a black cloud around his critics and we all know why it is. Started from the media and has just spread. I repeat let’s hope when he leaves this doesn’t spread to Mason.;)
And then I see this total load of crap. Apologies for quoting you twice in a row but you've come out with real nonsense in this thread. It's like you're related to Pogba. You're saying criticising Pogba = racist, and that is the reason why the Pogba Fanclub must defend him at all costs? So now people can't criticise Pogba when he twats around with the ball around the halfway line and costs us a goal? How comes we all defend Rashy, Mason and even Sterling vehemently despite him being a City player then?

I won't call you things like 'pathetic bellend' as that is too far considering I don't even know you, but your posts in this thread have been nothing more than shit and idiotic. Why do you love someone who left in a strop in 2012, hasn't contributed much since coming back and is always belittling the club in public, so much?

Mainoldo

And then I see this total load of crap. Apologies for quoting you twice in a row but you've come out with real nonsense in this thread. It's like you're related to Pogba. You're saying criticising Pogba = racist, and that is the reason why the Pogba Fanclub must defend him at all costs? So now people can't criticise Pogba when he twats around with the ball around the halfway line and costs us a goal? How comes we all defend Rashy, Mason and even Sterling vehemently despite him being a City player then?

I won't call you things like 'pathetic bellend' as that is too far considering I don't even know you, but your posts in this thread have been nothing more than shit and idiotic. Why do you love someone who left in a strop in 2012, hasn't contributed much since coming back and is always belittling the club in public, so much?
I don’t love anyone in football. Probably SAF because of my age etc.

What’s the saying.. people fear what they don’t understand. The rage and need to use abusive words to my post talking about race in my personal view highlights that.

But I appreciate the response from @Wibble

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I've been following cafe since 2005.

During my time here I can confidently say that Pogba is what Berbatov is back then.

Same abuse by the fans, same expectations. At the end of the day this is what it is, Pogba is Berbatov level of player. Not quite the talisman, buy quite fancy enough of a footballer to enjoy when they're on song.
Strictly at United, Pogba is below Berbatov I'd say. Overall, not just when they're on song. Also the criticisms toward Berbatov back then were mostly that he was lazy. Pogba is not lazy, just struggle to be consistent for some reason.

Mainoldo

You have a cheek calling others deluded when you're coming out with this pile of horseshit. Grealish Vs Bruno is debatable, although I wouldn't swap them at all due to Bruno's impact and leadership since his arrival. However, Pogba Vs Bruno is like a choice of someone who doesn't contribute against someone who does. It's that simple.

Put it this way, of course both played together after lockdown, but during our unbeaten streak where we revived our season before lockdown and after Bruno's arrival, do you think we would have had that form if Pogba was in Bruno's position? If your answer is yes, you're either 'deluded' or you just 'don't know football'.
Ole’s interim run. You know the run that got him the job. Pogba was playing advanced in a 4-3-3 with the odd tactical switch for I.e. Spurs away. Got in team of the year but yes I’m ‘deluded’ and ‘don’t know football’.

Use context it gives you a better perspective when talking about actually facts.

I like Bruno but it’s pretty clear his positive impact is used to slate Pogba. Not by many but by those who tend to not like Pogba anyway.

el3mel

Berbatov won the league top goal scorer in one season with us. Comparing Pogba to him is an insult to Berbatov, easily. He didn't live up the hype when we signed him from Spurs but he still did a fine job for the majority of time.

Mainoldo

Pogba won the Europa league and player of the tournament, in one season with us. Comparing Bruno to him is an insult to Pogba, easily. He didn't live up the hype when we signed him from Juventus but he still did a fine job for the majority of time when fit.
I want all the smoke.

GueRed

For United

Berbatov > Pogba always

Berbatov provided more joy in his four seasons at United than Pogba's five seasons

Probably can count on one hand how many great games Pogba had in his Five seasons tbh