Bruno Fernandes’ “Bad Season”

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
So the entire team plays badly and is Bruno’s fault? The first 2 goals (3) had Maguire’s name on it, because Ronaldo didn’t play you cannot blame him but tried to blame on Bruno, very very United fans view. This team has a terrible defense and a bad midfield for a long time and they cannot fix it with panic buys or must buy an English player mentality.

NZT-One

So the entire team plays badly and is Bruno’s fault? The first 2 goals (3) had Maguire’s name on it, because Ronaldo didn’t play you cannot blame him but tried to blame on Bruno, very very United fans view. This team has a terrible defense and a bad midfield for a long time and they cannot fix it with panic buys or must buy an English player mentality.
Except thats not really what the criticism is about. If you are under the impression that it is the first time today, Bruno has been criticized, then you are clearly wrong. And nobody said, that the loss today or even our performances are solely down to him. But a) he is one of our best players, people see some sort of captain in him even - it is important that he steps up in big games. Which he didn't do today (obviously along with others). The second and more important reason b) is that he, while clearly being one of the main creators in the team is also one of the most chaos bringing players. For whatever reason he seems to understand his role in a way, that more or less any ball contact he has must not be anything but an assist. He gives the ball away cheaply, time and time again - and no, not only by trying to create goal chances, which obviously would easily be forgiven, he also gives it away in the builtup. Also his impression of the high press, when he engages very high up the pitch, asks Elanga to join him to then realize that the midfield hasn't pushed up so there is no easier task than to play around Bruno is ridiculous. It is amost shocking to me, that he even gets praised for it time and time again. All he does is, he gets himself out of the team shape to defend against the ball which makes it harder for the rest.

I absolutely don't want to get rid of Bruno. We have to find a way to setup the team to get the most out of him. But that is clearly not him having some sort of 8'ish role.

romufc

I told you he was shite in big games.

He's played athletico and man city now and was shite in both games like I predicted and guess what?
He'll be shit against athletico(return leg) and Liverpool as well.
So was literally every other player.

Mainoldo

Keep telling people we can’t win nothing with him as the main man. He needs the Mctominay’s around him so he can do his captain save a team. We don’t need that to be a top team. Our midfield is crap and he’s the leader.

L_O_S_T

Still feels he tries to force the play too much (e.g. passes with outside of foot, etc) and thinking he can play hollywood balls all the time. He would benefit more from keeping things simple at times, making triangular passes to open up space etc. Need some one like Guardiola to instill some discipline into his play, you don't see any Man City player doing things like that.

croadyman

Still feels he tries to force the play too much (e.g. passes with outside of foot, etc) and thinking he can play hollywood balls all the time. He would benefit more from keeping things simple at times, making triangular passes to open up space etc. Need some one like Guardiola to instill some discipline into his play, you don't see any Man City player doing things like that.
Yeah that's exactly what he needs in the summer but still unsure we will make the right decision

Nikelesh Reddy

He’s a very good player,but he’s never going to be a great player.He lacks consistency and compactness to be a great player…We don’t be a great player by giving the ball away 50 times every match!

OmarUnited4ever

I would sell him for a good offer. Not because I think he's a poor player. I think he'd be horrific under Ten Hag who plays a patient intricate style.
I think hes technically average although still a good player.
I agree with the first part, but I think he is technically very good, has a lot of quality, his issues for me is the way he plays, and it is too late to change for him.

Judas

Open to offers
I'll be fascinated how a manager makes him fit into a tactically astute and well coached side. Because he strikes me as a super talented spare part. He's a moments player who can look genuinely awful for large periods of game, but then pick the perfect pass or score a brilliant goal. I just wonder if he'll be seen as too much of a passenger due to his liabilities with the ball, or if a proper manager can make it work.

His positives make me think they'll try and make it work, but he just is almost a super positive loose cannon on the pitch, needs a lesson in control.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Another big game, another horror show.

When will we learn?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Rashford vibes. Lives off G/A stats at this point. His general.play is poor more often than not.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
He should be sacked.

Being a Man Utd. player should be a joy, a privilege. Something we all dream of or did dream of, as kids.

He treats it like the shittiest job in the world and he behaves like a toddler.

Dans

Another big game, another hindrance of a performance.

If he's not losing the ball with terrible passes he's losing it by being easily outmuscled resulting in him playacting to try and cover up his errors.

The sooner the club realises he's not that good, the better. No team is challenging for anything major with him in it.
I'm afraid I agree with this. The reason Fernandes gets away with it is because the players around him are so shockingly crap.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His output over the course of the season is usually very good, in terms of numbers. But he is often unbearable to watch. Even in games he produces, he can be utterly terrible except for one or two moments. Such a weird player.

united for life

In all competitions:

9 goals
13 assists
22 goal contributions
0 penalties

In the league alone, he had 71 chances created before the Leeds game, more than anyone else. After that masterclass, I fancy he’s on at least 75 now. Better stats than the much heralded Bernardo Silva, KdB, ESR, Saka, Mount, Grealish, Son, Mane, need I go on? This doesn’t even take last season and the half-season before into account, where he was in the top 10 best players in the world period.

He has been the best thing to happen to us since Fergie retired. One of the best midfielders in the world, and definitely in the KdB conversation, although people aren’t ready to talk about it yet.
he is a very good player who is unfortunate to be playing in a team struggling with form and players (most of them) who are below par.

what he has done since joining is what kept us relevant. Him not being around would’ve made us a regular mid-table team probably.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
As time has gone on it's effectively been slowly revealed that he's a United-level player rather than a top player.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Given the way the season has gone, it's hard to know what everyone's level actually is. Bruno has been fecking diabolical though.

Selbourne

Will judge him under ETH before writing him off. He deserves that from us

Idxomer

No goals or assists in his last 7 games to mask how awful he usually is.

Zevvythered

Terrible penalty, terrible touch for Xhaka goal, terrible tackle ( should have been a red) terrible season= terrible player….. Oh well what do United do? Give him an improved contract!!! Mind boggling

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He needs to spend the rest of the season on the bench now that top 4 is gone.

Hopefully he can return to form next season.

It was a stupid decision to give him a new contract. But what did nhe have on his existing deal? 3-4 years? Madness!

DWelbz19

Who’s making the “we will never win the league with Bruno Fernandes” thread, then?

El Zoido

He’s quality, but in absolutely awful form. But isn’t the whole team? I’ve seen enough from him to know what he can offer.

Rolaholic

Bring in Nkunku please, would light a fire up his arse not being an undisputed starter

RomfordRed75

Becoming one of my least favorite players.
Another horrible performance from him today.
So overrated.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Won't survive under Ten Hag without a truly massive adjustment in how he plays the game.
Probably won't indeed and If Bruno won't survive, the other 90% of squad also goes bye bye, by the same football standards... and that could be good thing to finally set bar higher than United's typical promising season.

DWelbz19

He’s quality, but in absolutely awful form. But isn’t the whole team? I’ve seen enough from him to know what he can offer.
And exactly how long is this excuse going to keep running? Because he’s been far from quality this entire season.

This is basically the sort of thing that was constantly said in Rashford’s defence until finally he became inexcusable. Fernandes is already far down the same path

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Has been horrible lately. Shouldn't let him take penalty when his confidence is all time low, and we need that goal.