Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's no coincidence that he played his best, and the team was at its best ove, when we had a proper hardworking midfield, not a Zimmer frame and a YouTube show pony.
I mean, you've just described Bruno.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Don’t need Modric type of midfielder to make pass to Bruno, Bruno is a playmaker not a forward that makes run. Someone like Donny or Fred is more than enough. Fred worked out well enough before lockdown to find Bruno. What we need behind Bruno is someone who can press, win the ball back and also 2nd ball to launch counter.

Bayern had Thiago before, and now what they had as replacement is not playmaker but more of box to box or all round midfield who work their socks off, can do both attack and defend not a deep playmaker.
I think we need someone other than Pogba. For me Pogba does not work hard enough. Has a pass in him and thats about it.

bsCallout

If Ole can’t do it, someone has to
Isnt it well known that Fergie let the players do it themselves? Let Keane do it specifically.

A manager should want that from his players.

Look at McT after the game. Lad was fuming.

Maguire is quickly becoming most United fans least favourite player. Particularly for avoiding post match press after a performance like that.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Isnt it well known that Fergie let the players do it themselves? Let Keane do it specifically.

A manager should want that from his players.

Look at McT after the game. Lad was fuming.

Maguire is quickly becoming most United fans least favourite player. Particularly for avoiding post match press after a performance like that.
It’s obviously frowned upon by Ole as Bruno was subbed

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yet I bet there have been serious disagreements in the past dressing rooms if someone was not giving their best. Ole will have witnessed them as well. One thing about Bruno, when he goes off on one he seriously goes off on one.

bsCallout

Not necessarily. Thats an assumption.

He could have thought Bruno was likely to get sent off in that frame of mind, caused conflict on the pitch or just not been in the frame of mind to play football in a game we'd already lost.

Edit - Roy Keane is one of Ole's favourite teammates. He appreciates that character.

El Jefe

Starting to think Ole might be the worst manager possible for a player like Fernandes. We all know Bruno is a very risky player, but for him to improve, some balance and structure needs to be added to his game. He needs to be coached on when and where to take certain risks on the ball. You get the feeling from how he's played so far, that Ole is perfectly happy for him to try and score or assist on every possession. Statistically from an individual point of view its great but it seriously affects the team in controlling a game. That sort of style only makes sense in counter attacking teams but we don't always have the opportunity to play on the counter.

The way he plays for Portugal is very different to how he plays for us. For his NT you can clearly see he's been instructed to keep things a bit more simple.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Maguire should be stripped of the captaincy and it given straight to Bruno. When Martial was being sent off Maguire just stood still with his hands on his hips. That's all he did.

He should also be taken out of the team. His head is clearly all over the place with the Greek holiday incident.

LoneStar

Does anyone else think that Ole has told him to just try for the killer pass every time? All our players seem to try passing to him expecting miracles.

I think we overhyped him a bit initially, but Im sure of this - He would look much better in a team which has an actual system in place and where a team won’t be dependent on one player for all their creativity.

Rolaholic

Does anyone else think that Ole has told him to just try for the killer pass every time? All our players seem to try passing to him expecting miracles.

I think we overhyped him a bit initially, but Im sure of this - He would look much better in a team which has an actual system in place and where a team won’t be dependent on one player for all their creativity.
I think you're spot on there, we're lacking any form of a cogent system and style of play. His performances haven't waned at all for Portugal in the time they've become more inconsistent with us.

Very much believe he'd put up De Bruyne numbers if he swapped places with him

LoneStar

I think you're spot on there, we're lacking any form of a cogent system and style of play. His performances haven't waned at all for Portugal in the time they've become more inconsistent with us.

Very much believe he'd put up De Bruyne numbers if he swapped places with him
I think most of our players would actually benefit from it. We have a pretty young front 3 and they would enormously benefit from a good coaching system.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Anyone think the rumours about a half time bust up with Bruno and Maguire are true?

Nep77

That we paid 80 million pounds for.
Still bemuse me that we brought a guy playing as floating midfielder/wide forward and has been trying to shoe horn him into playing in a double pivot from a day one. He can't and he will never be able to for a consistently long amount of time. Too many flaws.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Hope that's true, our 'captain' definitely deserved a solid kick up the arse after that half
We all saw his videos of busting up and going full hairdryer in the changing rooms at Sporting. Did you really expect anything different at United? He's a born winner. He accepts nothing less and has no time for political correctness amongst professional colleagues.

Ole picking Maguire over Bruno here is a disgrace.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
O
We all saw his videos of busting up and going full hairdryer in the changing rooms at Sporting. Did you really expect anything different at United? He's a born winner. He accepts nothing less and has no time for political correctness amongst professional colleagues.

Ole is the definition of politically correct of course he would back Maguire here

BlueHaze

Where did this rumour stem from? "Goldbridge" ? Because if that's the case it's absolute rubbish.

Tony247

One day (and that day could be sooner) he is going to snap at Ole big time and then all hell will break loose.

That said I think he needs to control his emotions on the field. That actually put his team mates in bad picture. Fight in dressing room, fine. At the end of the day he needs to work with them as a team. May be I am losing my memory but Keane was as strict captain as anyone can be with low threshold of tolerance for mistakes but I don't remember him picking fights with his teammates on the ground during the match.

Last edited:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Yeah. My suspicion is the mediocrity of Man Utd will get too much for him soon and in a few years he'll force his way out and go and play for a big club on the continent.

I know he says he was a United fan as a kid because of Cristiano. However, I just can't see Bruno being happy to be one of the top six, top seven, top eight teams over a long period of time.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

You know all of this is rumour? Why are you juet believing the words of random strangers?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

That's how Ole system. Direct & counter football. This is why we should drop Pogba and play double pivot who can win the ball back to give the pass to Bruno. Only play Pogba against lesser team who sits deep.

Ole needs to forget about Pogba but trying to fit Bruno, Mason, Martial & Rashford together. Those four are the ones that we need to score goals & offer threat in attack. Now we have Telles, Pogba's job in the starting XI is becoming less needed and double pivot who has work rate, work their shocks off and can press quickly is more needed.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Seemed to have a bit of fight to me in the first half. Him and Greenwood were playing well at one point. I do thing he almost tries too hard sometimes. His general performance has declined since the overall team performances has since the Southampton game and obviously the shambles at the start of this season.

Chicharito_

So lucky to have a player like Bruno, his attitude is amazing and fits into 2008 side not this bunch.

I will back him over any player in the squad because you can tell he wants it more and accepts nothing less than winning.

Give him the armband!

pascell

Seemed to have a bit of fight to me in the first half. Him and Greenwood were playing well at one point. I do thing he almost tries too hard sometimes. His general performance has declined since the overall team performances has since the Southampton game and obviously the shambles at the start of this season.
That's simply down to us messing about with the ball at the back, our CBs are taking 4-5 touches a time, when they should be taking 3 a the absolute maximum. By the time they get Fernandes the ball, the opposition is set in their defensive structure, or he has to come deep for the ball.

Zoo

Personally I thought he was looking quite sharp but it's hard to judge in such a disaster class.

Status
Not open for further replies.