6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

I thought he started the game poorly but very good second half. Hopefully playing himself back into some form.

Plymouth Red

Thought he had a good game. Obviously annoyed with himself when he gets something wrong, which is a great trait.
Kept working hard, as always. Lots of little flicks and feints which others couldn’t necessarily capitalise on, but that’s the creativity we were missing before he joined.

As long as you can live with his risk taking and unpredictable outcomes, why would you be unhappy with what he is doing each week.

With Cavani, he’s setting the attitudinal and work rate benchmarks we’ve needed for a long while.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Bloody brilliant!! The way he left the pass to Mason , after Cavani was fouled is so good. Deserved a goal. Such a shame !

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I thought he started the game well then, which is fair, got alittle loose with his passing in the second half. But I felt he had to or we would've just kept knocking the ball back and sideways til the games end.

Alemar

Not an amazing performance but 1 goal and 2 assists nonetheless. Very good game

The United

I am not sure if it is a good thing or not.

People measure him in a different unit than most.

You see people coming here almost every game saying he is shite, terrible, not amazing game but he scored this and assists that amount.

Very amusing to see. We need more of those shitty players with those stats really.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
This.

It's becoming a running theme to say "he had a bad game but...". It's nonsense, he was class tonight. People saying it over-and-over, obviously don't understand his role.
There's been quite a few games this season where it's been accurate, in the same way it's been accurate when people have said it about Rashford this season. Today wasn't one of those days though, he was perfectly fine.

Robbie Boy

There's been quite a few games this season where it's been accurate, in the same way it's been accurate when people have said it about Rashford this season. Today wasn't one of those days though, he was perfectly fine.
Of course there has. He's had some awful performances but chipped in with a goal/assist. It just feels like it's the constant rhetoric when he comes to him now, though.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Deserved that perfect 10 rating.
Absolute majestic in the second half, seems to be using the ball alot quicker now which is assisting us more going forward.

youngrell

I thought he looked like he was lacking sharpness early on, seemed second to everything which is very unlike him, but he was just everywhere for the rest of the match. He puts so much work in.

Alfie092

Better today with his decision making, he is so deadly when he cuts out those needless passes and does what does best!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think the tweet is trying to say he did amazing numbers in just 45 minutes.
Yeah I know, I was referring to some of the comments in here saying he didn't really play well, which I really disagree with.

Alemar

5 chances created, goal and 2 assists, somehow that constitutes not playing well ... ?
No, but his goal contributions all came in the last 25 minutes of the game - maybe that is why. That said, a goal and two assists is of course an excellent statistics

Stacks

It’s not a straightforward science. After all, you have even strikers like Aguero left out of a team despite scoring more goals for an inferior goalscorer at times.

Of course, creating and taking chances is important in football, that cannot be denied. But at the same time, we don’t want to be drawn into end to end football matches all the time, you also want some control - which I guess has the effect of giving you a platform to create chances but also reducing the amount of chances you concede.

Football is a results business, and Bruno has undoubtedly improved our results by impacting the scoreline. But I would say he has perhaps made our team’s results better more than he has made the team ‘play better’. This is part of the reason why pundits and commentators seem so confused by us continually picking up results. It’s because watching us - we don’t seem great, although we have players like Bruno who are deciding games in moments. But there’s always that lingering expectation that it’s not going to go well for us, and that is because we do not control games or generally speaking - ‘play well’. This of course is not exclusively down to Bruno - it’s more the type of team we have constructed with AWB, Fred, McTominay, Rashford too which means we are always going to be a moments and transitions team as these players lack composure and maturity in possession. They are all high impact players, as is Bruno. They are all about spectacular moments rather than controlled and composed domination.

Stylistically, we’re a bit of a mismatch, and this is where, despite being a big Ole supporter, I think we can look to the coaching. We’ve built a team with players who don’t look to control a game, and a few that do. Players like Shaw, Maguire, Martial and Pogba to a degree have a certain profile, and the others have the opposite. It seems that our strategy to an extent under Ole is just assemble good players and install them with the right attitude and mentality. At the very, very top - I don’t think it’s enough. So in Bruno’s defence, this isn’t about him per se, as I have said - he’s the right 10 for the team that we have now. The only issue is the philosophy of the team we have now probably won’t make us the very best IMO.
This is a good analysis. It may depend on who we have around him (Bruno) going forward. You can maybe have 1 or 2 loose players in the starting line up and control the game still but we have too many.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Of course there has. He's had some awful performances but chipped in with a goal/assist. It just feels like it's the constant rhetoric when he comes to him now, though.
Its the same thing that happened with Rooney for years. Some fans loved to shit on him despite a goal or assist and the work rate. He turned into our all time leading scorer, so... I'll take it. Quite a lot of similarities between them anyway.

Tony247

75th min. Long pass by McT to Bruno and he spotted james run behind him and played a dummy putting defenders off and james clear. THAT is outstandingly phenomenal awareness of the field of play.

I am saying again and again, this guy has some supernatural 360 degree view of the play. He sees things that others on the field can't.

That is natural superpower, doesn't develop in training.

Lassitude42

It was great to see Bruno smiling and with words of encouragement after AWB's goal yesterday. Dude's a real leader

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Crazy productive.

And yet you have hipster United fans on this forum who think Jack Grealish and De Bruyne are on a different level to him :lol:

tomaldinho1

Fair play Memphis as well. Wonder if we'd ever consider him as a 9 as he's out of contract this summer and Barcelona ain't going to be paying big wages! Would be lovely redemption arc.

AgentSmith

Could someone explain what the stat above means in practical terms?

My simplistic mind can’t quite work out what the 8.3 represents.

8.3 assists or 8.3x the actual number of assists Bruno has currently?

Red Royal

Fair play Memphis as well. Wonder if we'd ever consider him as a 9 as he's out of contract this summer and Barcelona ain't going to be paying big wages! Would be lovely redemption arc.
Is he really out of contract? If so, he is going to be well sought after.

Status
Not open for further replies.