Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
it’s the wrong thread anyway. But hypothetically or not, I don’t see why anyone would ever want to change anything about a team that won the treble, a feat that no other English team has ever done.
Surely he would take Teddys place, seeing as Teddy was A: his replacement, and B: Not as good?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Why would anybody, United fan or otherwise, question that assist? He plays the ball, gets a touch on it, and he's looking at James when he does it. To be honest I've not seen the exchange where people are questioning it, however I interpret it as part of the super negative 'fan' that loves to hate the management in particular but also like to overstate every minor issue with a player. I.e. Maguire, AWB, Fred, James, Rashford, Ole, the tea lady, the list goes on.

Martial gets a bashing by me because he's a lazy cnut who doesn't care enough about the badge to even run in it, never mind being shite in front of goal, the least you do is run. He's the antitheses of Bruno.
Why anybody would question the assist and argue that he doesn't deserve an assist for ensuring the ball (that was about to be cleared) gets to James is beyond me.
So you’re a hypocrite

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Actually the fans in question have a youtube channel. if you go watch it, you will know what the problem is. These so called United fans questioning Bruno and Rashford all season where in actual fact they are the reason we are where we are.

In the same breath they think Pogba and Martial should play every game and Bruno and Rashford playing in the team is the reason why Martial and Pogba don't get the same numbers.

They also go onto say Bruno should be dropped in lieu of Pogba because he takes care of the ball better.

This is not bashing of Martial but he's had a horrid season and has done nothing this season to justify his place in the team.
Well they seem ridiculous to be honest, I’ve no interest in watching there channel. They don’t represent majority opinion though. Regarding the assist, it’s possibly to do with the over reliance on stats these days.
Surely anyone can agree that there’s assists....and there’s assists. When I think assists I think David Beckham for example. So while it goes on the list, it’s hardly worth a mention. In fact if it were me when I played it would be embarrassing if people were going on about another assist.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
How is he?
He’s preaching unwavering support for United players, and not slagging off players like oppo fans while slating one because he thinks he’s lazy....and called him a Cnut. If you look it up in the dictionary...that’s the definition right there.

I wouldn’t mind but he’s wingeing about a toe poked assist, not that someone called Bruno a Cnut.

unwavering support for some players. You’re probably joining in because you love Bruno and hate the other players mentioned.
Doesn’t make it any less hypocritical because you agree with them.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He’s preaching unwavering support for United players, while skating one because he thinks he’s lazy....and called him a Cnut. If you look it up in the dictionary...that’s the definition right there.
No he isn't suggesting we have unwavering support. Nowhere in the post is that stated.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’s not really a square peg, it’s maybe a octagon peg, his average position is very similar to the position Firmino plays at Liverpool, sometimes even further forward. With Rashford & Greenwood as wide forwards, Bruno in the false 9 & Pogba’s creativity behind them think it could work well.
that could be worth a shot

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
No he isn't suggesting we have unwavering support. Nowhere in the post is that stated.
Hes criticising fans for not providing unwavering support and for criticising our players....then does the same himself.

I’m not getting into a petty semantics argument. It’s clear what he was saying. In fact he hasn’t even denied it himself....just made an exception for one of our players.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Hes criticising fans for not providing unwavering support and for criticising our players....then does the same himself.

I’m not getting into a petty semantics argument. It’s clear what he was saying. In fact he hasn’t even denied it himself....just made an exception for one of our players.
Quote me where he says support has to be unwavering?

RUCK4444

:lol: Unwavering
Yup. As soon as I sense a player doesn’t want to be here or more importantly can’t be bothered to give 100% I’m done with them.

Its very different to talking negatively about our best player or Manager who give their all for the club.

I’m not sure how your managing to miss the point but hey ho, as you were.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yup. As soon as I sense a player doesn’t want to be here or more importantly can’t be bothered to give 100% I’m done with them.

Its very different to talking negatively about our best player or Manager who give their all for the club.

I’m not sure how your managing to miss the point but hey ho, as you were.
But your whining about people not putting much weight on a toe poked assist and asking where are the fans that gave unwavering support to our players and didn’t criticise our own players....then in then next post calling one of our players a Cnut.

I actually have little problem with people liking one player and disliking another, but unwavering support for our players isn’t calling them cnuts. That is what rival fans do.

RUCK4444

But your whining about people not putting much weight on a toe poked assist and asking where are the fans that gave unwavering support to our players and didn’t criticise our own players....then in then next post calling one of our players a Cnut.

I actually have little problem with people liking one player and disliking another, but unwavering support for our players isn’t calling them cnuts. That is what rival fans do.
Yes your point would make perfect sense if I hadn’t clearly explained that Martial is what I class as an exception, because he’s detrimental to our progress not through poor form but bad attitude and laziness. I don’t forgive that and most supporters don’t accept that from their players, neither should they.

Surely you see the difference between that and fans discrediting our best and most influential player? But seemingly not.

Martial is quite rare, I actually can’t remember the last player I felt this way about whilst they were still at the club tbf.

kode

Why play Bruno in this game? Ole is taking the piss...what if he gets injured? this is non sense. we won 4-0 at least bench him and let him come on if we get in trouble.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Very weird to start him in this dead rubber game...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Given how completely and utterly fecked we are if he gets injured (or even just too exhausted to to maintain form), it does seem strange to start him in this game. Especially with Chelsea and City being two of our next three PL games.

Vaibhav Raj

At least the presence of him and some other players makes the prospect of watching the game inviting.

Maybe blitz them in first half and then test players starting off with Fernandes.

Man Utd 0:0 Real Sociedad

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yes your point would make perfect sense if I hadn’t clearly explained that Martial is what I class as an exception, because he’s detrimental to our progress not through poor form but bad attitude and laziness. I don’t forgive that and most supporters don’t accept that from their players, neither should they.

Surely you see the difference between that and fans discrediting our best and most influential player? But seemingly not.

Martial is quite rare, I actually can’t remember the last player I felt this way about whilst they were still at the club tbf.
Unwavering applies only to players you like? It doesn’t apply to our highest scorer and player of the year last season? That’s some version of unwavering.

If I’m honest you just seem to be moaning about the fact that some fans didn’t wax lyrical about a toe poked assist, because you like Bruno. Then decided to criticise them by bringing up an ideal of fans being unwavering. Unwavering support means it doesn’t matter who the player is or if he’s in bad form....they get your support while they play for the club. You’re just being butthurt because Bruno isn’t getting 100% credit for the smallest of matters.

Sylar

Seems pretty silly to have played him even for one half in this?
I was surprised that he wasn't given a game off. I know there's this whole 'he wants to play every game' mantra, but that's why we have a manager

Saying that he was very unlucky to hit the bar. That would have been another fantastic goal for him

Glorio

Very annoying media agenda developing that Dias deserves POTY more than him - basically because of how good the team around him are

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Very annoying media agenda developing that Dias deserves POTY more than him - basically because of how good the team around him are
Dias has transformed City in the same way Bruno has become the talisman for us. If they walk the league and we finish a distant second or third.....it’s hard to argue Dias doesn’t deserve it. He’s been superb every time I’ve watched them. At times it seems like they could play all day without conceding.

romufc

Dias has transformed City in the same way Bruno has become the talisman for us. If they walk the league and we finish a distant second or third.....it’s hard to argue Dias doesn’t deserve it. He’s been superb every time I’ve watched them. At times it seems like they could play all day without conceding.
If City played Stones and Laporte for 4/5 games it wouldn't make a huge difference. If manutd played 4/5 games without Bruno, there would be a huge difference in performances and results.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Given how completely and utterly fecked we are if he gets injured (or even just too exhausted to to maintain form), it does seem strange to start him in this game. Especially with Chelsea and City being two of our next three PL games.
Starting Bruno and making Matic play 90 minutes does seem like two legitimately inexcusable decisions.

Was Mata unavailable? Surely he deserved a game?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If that's the criteria, then KdB and Salah shouldn't have won it in last 2-3 years. Bale won it when Spurs were fighting 4th position.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
If City played Stones and Laporte for 4/5 games it wouldn't make a huge difference. If manutd played 4/5 games without Bruno, there would be a huge difference in performances and results.
He’s replaced Laporte, who’s a brilliant cb and made a massive difference. Bruno replaced Lingard and Perreira. We’ve also not been great this season if we’re honest. We scrapped through most games by a goal or scoring another in the dying minutes of games. It’s been mostly Bruno and Rashford then the likes of McT, Pogba making contributions. It probably would make a difference taking Bruno out because we don’t have a replacement and City do. We’d have to hope someone like Greenwood stepped up with more goals or Martial, which wouldn’t be hard this season, I don’t think it would have that big an effect on our performances but it would on results if someone else didn’t step up....funnily enough that does tend to happen though. I worried about when Ronaldo left, Rooney replaced his goals, when Cantona left who would replace his magic....Becks stepped up. And that was in teams that were winning things. We’re just talking about individual stats and hopefully top four. I think we’d do that anyway.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Starting Bruno and making Matic play 90 minutes does seem like two legitimately inexcusable decisions.

Was Mata unavailable? Surely he deserved a game?
Must have been given he wasn't even on the bench. Might have picked up an injury but it seems like his prior extended absence was for personal reasons, so he might just have other stuff going on in his life atm.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeh there’s absolutely no way Dias had been near Bruno this season. The consistency levels he’s shown are above anyone in the league so far.

romufc

He’s replaced Laporte, who’s a brilliant cb and made a massive difference. Bruno replaced Lingard and Perreira. We’ve also not been great this season if we’re honest. We scrapped through most games by a goal or scoring another in the dying minutes of games. It’s been mostly Bruno and Rashford then the likes of McT, Pogba making contributions. It probably would make a difference taking Bruno out because we don’t have a replacement and City do. We’d have to hope someone like Greenwood stepped up with more goals or Martial, which wouldn’t be hard this season, I don’t think it would have that big an effect on our performances but it would on results if someone else didn’t step up....funnily enough that does tend to happen though. I worried about when Ronaldo left, Rooney replaced his goals, when Cantona left who would replace his magic....Becks stepped up. And that was in teams that were winning things. We’re just talking about individual stats and hopefully top four. I think we’d do that anyway.
This is where you are mistaken. Bruno's effect on this team is not just about the stats, he actually gives every other player extra belief.

In your previous post you said Dias transformed City in the same way Bruno did Manutd?

The City team that is about to win 4/5 league titles needed transforming?
The City team that had 100 and 99 points needed transforming?

I am sorry but it is clear you are wrong here. Prior to Bruno we were 6/7th in the league, barely creating chances and now we are 2nd.

If we scrapped through most goals by a goal, why are we the leading scorers of the PL?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Pep set up his team in more balanced way after their Leicester game, they don't go full attack now, they are very hard to counter.

Without Bruno, it will have huge impact on our performance too. We are shit without him, players don't create chances and don't make the runs like he does.

RUCK4444

Unwavering applies only to players you like? It doesn’t apply to our highest scorer and player of the year last season? That’s some version of unwavering.

If I’m honest you just seem to be moaning about the fact that some fans didn’t wax lyrical about a toe poked assist, because you like Bruno. Then decided to criticise them by bringing up an ideal of fans being unwavering. Unwavering support means it doesn’t matter who the player is or if he’s in bad form....they get your support while they play for the club. You’re just being butthurt because Bruno isn’t getting 100% credit for the smallest of matters.
He's here again...

Mate come on, pedantic much? Martial has been a complete and utter disgrace this season, aside from his best season last year he has always been a lazy and totally unreliable player, driven by his lack of desire.

I can't think of one player who has been similar in that respect. Even Di Maria ran around.

Is it completely out of the realms of your thinking that I can make a personal exception to the rule for these very reasons? I mean to back a player with that lack of application is to back a player who is affecting our performances in a negative way, therefore it's detrimental to the club. So my 'unwavering support' means I want him gone.

Again, and this is the part your misunderstanding, I don't condone publicly slating any player along with oppo fans if they are out of form (see Dan James, Maguire and many others.) Or indeed the Manager when we're clearly heading in a much more positive direction under him than at any time since SAF left.

If Ole was moping around with a 'can't be fecked' attitude like Martial I would 100% want him gone as well.

There is almost a unique difference with Martial for this reason.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I presume he only started because all our other first team options for midfield or #10 were injured. He did play well in that half but it would have been better if he hadn't played.

Surely he would take Teddys place, seeing as Teddy was A: his replacement, and B: Not as good?
Of course Cantona would take Teddy's spot, but Teddy was a squad player. I presume everybody talking about the 99 and 08 teams are talking about the starting line-up which had incredible combinations. Even though Cantona was a better player than some of the players in the attacks of those teams, would it have been worth it to break up those combinations?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I presume he only started because all our other first team options for midfield or #10 were injured. He did play well in that half but it would have been better if he hadn't played.

Of course Cantona would take Teddy's spot, but Teddy was a squad player. I presume everybody talking about the 99 and 08 teams are talking about the starting line-up which had incredible combinations. Even though Cantona was a better player than some of the players in the attacks of those teams, would it have been worth it to break up those combinations?
Teddy made 27 appearances that season, with the amount of games played in 99 and 08, squad player didnt mean what it meant now, there were more than enough games to go around, and unless my memory is playing tricks on me we almost never played the same 100 for more than three games in a row.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Hit the woodwork near enough more times than he’s scored from open play I reckon.

edit: he’s hit the post/bar 10 times for United and has scored 17 times excl. pens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.