6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomSlayer

I disagree, Fernandes is getting the same shit as everyone else seeing he pulled a similar stinker to everyone else (which has happened quite often but been papered over by stats).

As far as I know there have been no calls for him to be benched or sold, no calls of him being a virus or a bad dressing room influence, etc. He's simply being judged by his performances, which is fine.

With that said, I think our players are judged quite harshly given that the problems obviously stem from management.
So Bruno is getting criticised just for the sake of it?

I'd like to hear out those that have a go at him offer something better, maybe a better player than him in our squad, a better formation without him in it. Just explain the total disregard and idiotic criticism of our best players since last January, I'd love to hear it.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His numbers are fantastic but his overall game is extremely overrated. He’s not the most technical. His passing & first touch are outright awful at times.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
His numbers are fantastic but his overall game is extremely overrated. He’s not the most technical. His passing & first touch are outright awful at times.
Same as Rashford. We need more technical players around then. Problem is we also have other players who give the ball away and have a crap first touch, but who don’t offer the output either. The likes of Fred.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Same as Rashford. We need more technical players around then. Problem is we also have other players who give the ball away and have a crap first touch, but who don’t offer the output either. The likes of Fred.
He & Rashford are very similar in that their overall play is bad quite often, but are seemingly immune from critique because of the numbers they put up.

hubbuh

His technique is great. He's able to ping balls about at will and is capable of intricate, balanced killer passes too. He'll score goals and make passes and plays that very few are capable of. The problem is he's overburdened and likely overplayed. He's also trying to create for a forward line that continues to struggle with movement and getting into the right positions. Our entire model is unbalanced and unsustainable.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
He & Rashford are very similar in that their overall play is bad quite often, but are seemingly immune from critique because of the numbers they put up.
I'd give Bruno a pass on that one. Even if he has an off day he still gives 100% and it surprises me he can even walk onto the pitch after carrying this club on his back for the last year. If I ever feel like criticising Bruno I just think to myself where would we be without him and that criticism just disappears.

He'sRaldo

I'd give Bruno a pass on that one. Even if he has an off day he still gives 100% and it surprises me he can even walk onto the pitch after carrying this club on his back for the last year. If I ever feel like criticising Bruno I just think to myself where would we be without him and that criticism just disappears.
Without Bruno Ole would be sacked, so who knows if we'd be better or worse off.

I do agree with the general sentiment though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Imagine that was it and his good form is over and he starts to play like last night all the time :nervous:

He needs other players who can shoulder some of the creative burden. Same problem we had when it was just Pogba. It’s on the wings we need some penetration and craft and some actual guts from our centre forwards.

I was saying a few weeks ago too. Remember last year. Bruno was finding martial for fun and it was all very productive. What’s happened there? I think it’s because martial is hiding in plain sight all season. That’s literally half his creative passing options gone this season and his numbers are still phenomenal. Give the ball to Rashford and say goodbye to it. We need to recruit better but Bruno and Maguire have actually improved the team so keep going along the same lines. Kick out any players not at least putting in a shift. Fecking love this guy.

Last edited:

Lappen

Not been great the past few games, but no one else is stepping up to fill the void in his pot run of form.
I agree and actually think a big part of his dip in performance is the opposite, him trying to fill the void of others. Hi is getting deeper and deeper and almost take the ball from others teammates feet. In what I think is frustration from the lack of creativity from deep.
I haven't seen the stats but it feels like he is running alot more than most players in our team right now.

He is a bit sloppy in his game, and when playing deep ore going deep I don't like to see that, wile higher up the pitch I don't remember the mistakes because of the successes with goals and assist.
He and we are missing Pogba or other creative player playing a bit deeper.

He'sRaldo

I agree and actually think a big part of his dip in performance is the opposite, him trying to fill the void of others. Hi is getting deeper and deeper and almost take the ball from others teammates feet. In what I think is frustration from the lack of creativity from deep.
I haven't seen the stats but it feels like he is running alot more than most players in our team right now.

He is a bit sloppy in his game, and when playing deep ore going deep I don't like to see that, wile higher up the pitch I don't remember the mistakes because of the successes with goals and assist.
He and we are missing Pogba or other creative player playing a bit deeper.
He's linked up very well with Donny and Mata before, no idea why they've been frozen out so extensively. They would have been very useful, especially in Pogba's absence.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
If Bruno was sorrounded by more creative players, he would shine more. If he gets frustrated, he might start to pick up the team's slack and be a little bit a "tryhard", which leads to some more hasty and risky decisions.

But even then, the team is better with him than without.

Lappen

He's linked up very well with Donny and Mata before, no idea why they've been frozen out so extensively. They would have been very useful, especially in Pogba's absence.
Agree...
Both are injured now, but for sure they could have done god in Pogbas absence.

Donny haven't made that big of a impact I was hoping for, but at the same time I don't think Ole have handled Donny good from the start of the season. We also have (in my opinion) Bruno whom I belive would have benefitted with some rest. And there have been good games to let Donny ore even Mata start instead of him.

The dip in Brunos performance(if there is one) can fast be allot worse than taking the chans and resting him for a couple of games.

RashyForPM

Love how despite the general consensus being that Bruno had a poor February, he’s still favourite for the POTM award after having the most goal contributions and scoring in 4 straight games. To those who are worried about his performances lately, it’s just two games lads, don’t be worried, the guy will be averaging a goal contribution every game again soon enough.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
By all accounts he's a much better rounded performer for his national side than he is for us, which makes sense because he's around a better class of offensive players.

In general his form has been patchy recently but I give him the benefit of the doubt when he's been practically carrying us this season.
Hopefully with Pogba coming back, Bruno's form hits a upturn again.
If Pogba can recapture his form before his injury then that should relax Bruno and United quite abit.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Not good news for summer spending if he wins this:

cyberman

Has scored against all but 2 of the top 10 this season and God knows how many assists

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Goals against both City and Liverpool now this season, doesn't do it against the top 6 though eh :smirk:

Who the feck cares about Spurs and Arsenal these days anyway? :lol:

acnumber9

Much better today. And dropped to help the midfield a lot more too. Good Bruno today.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
First half he was overcomplicating things. Second half he was much better, kept things simple and ticking over and delivered a solid performance.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
So reliable to have him on penalties. Like having king Eric back on them again.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Crap going forward. Pretty good off the ball.

There's a lot to be said for a playmaker who can put in a shift when that's the way it's going.

bsCallout

First half he was overcomplicating things. Second half he was much better, kept things simple and ticking over and delivered a solid performance.
He's another player than when we as a team are lacking composure, doesn't help and starts playing a bit sloppy and rushing things. He really needs someone behind him like we've had in Scholes and Carrick that can just control the tempo a bit and calm things down.

kundalini

Scored crucial penalty but otherwise a disappointing performance. Wasted several good openings with poor passes. Gave away stupid free-kick in a dangerous area.

kiristao

My big complain of him in these big games where we don't have much possession was that he tried to many things too often and gave the ball away. Today he was much smarter with his distribution and ball retention.

kiristao

Was brilliant to see him standing behind Ole almost trying to manage the game when he got subbed. Reminded me of Ronaldo at the Euro finals.

Ludens the Red

I know a few people have made comments about giving away the ball but this is the player. Look at De Bruyne today, did he even complete a pass? This is the risk when you have players like that in your team. I think overall he made enough good decisions with his passing and worked really hard for the team. I’ll take that.

tomaldinho1

I know a few people have made comments about giving away the ball but this is the player. Look at De Bruyne today, did he even complete a pass? This is the risk when you have players like that in your team. I think overall he made enough good decisions with his passing and worked really hard for the team. I’ll take that.
KDB was atrocious today, genuinely atrocious
Can we get the GIF of the little dictator Bruno behind Ole?

Water Melon

He was all effort but his passing was horrible, misplaced them when it mattered the most. Needs a break, exhausted.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Crap going forward. Pretty good off the ball.

There's a lot to be said for a playmaker who can put in a shift when that's the way it's going.
This is true. Try finding another goals+assist monster who puts a shift in. Unique player

Status
Not open for further replies.