Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No way! John Wark?? I do NOT remember him banging in goals at that rate. Probably a post Escape to Victory adrenaline rush.
I have no idea, maybe someone was a cheeky fecker editing the wiki stats.

Skorenzy

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Rolaholic

Very well deserved for our Portuguese maestro

OleBoiii

Goal of the season as well(cheeky "chip" vs Everton)

Possibly the best signing since Ronaldo.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Win the Europa and the Euro's and we could be looking at a Balon D'or season?

OleBoiii

Win the Europa and the Euro's and we could be looking at a Balon D'or season?
If he's the best player for Portugal and he wins the PL POTY as well, then I don't think there should be any doubt.

On the other hand, Dias is also Portuguese. He's won the PL and the league cup, and is in the CL final. He's also a good contender for PL POTY.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he's the best player for Portugal and he wins the PL POTY as well, then I don't think there should be any doubt.

On the other hand, Dias is also Portuguese. He's won the PL and the league cup, and is in the CL final. He's also a good contender for PL POTY.
Fair point, he's also a decent candidate.

Attackers usually get the plaudits though - especially if Bruno scores the winner in the final etc.

Nicolarra90

His little flicks and passing are too quick to anyone bar cavani. He's really a world class player.

Raveneye

Pretty sure Bruno touched the ball just enough to get it around the player coming up behind him. It was headed towards Cavani anyway, but it would have been intercepted otherwise. Look at the goal video till it shows the front of Bruno as the ball comes to him.

Red00012

Pretty sure Bruno touched the ball just enough to get it around the player coming up behind him. It was headed towards Cavani anyway, but it would have been intercepted otherwise. Look at the goal video till it shows the front of Bruno as the ball comes to him.
He didn’t touch it

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Bruno and Rashford are where we need our players to be in order to compete for the league and Big Europe. De Gea, Shaw and McGuire are good enough to get us they're too, and Cavani can do the job next year at least and Greenwood may get there. But Bruno seems to need to play as a 10, meaning we need two deep midfielders. If we could get him to play in a 3 I think this would benefit the necessary eventual change to a possession team if wanna win those awards. I would love to see us get someone like Kante in order to allow Bruno to get forward as much as he likes while still being strong in possession.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Mkhi putting up better numbers than De Bruyne! I'm glad things are going pretty well for him in Italy even though he never worked out for us. I liked him a lot as a player here for a lot of the same reasons I like Bruno - always trying things even when it's not his day.

Bruno however is pretty much Mkhi with Roy Keane's mentality :keano:

Andersons Dietician

His form seems to have really dropped off the last month or so. Still putting up numbers but his general play has been quite poor. Maybe the amount of games he has played catching up with him and suppose he can’t be expected to be at his best all season.

Just a bit of a worry that Rashford has fallen off a Cliff and Shaw has dipped as well recently.

Strelok

They have to give him the assist. Otherwise it's a VAR feckup, which they're not going to admit.
He didn't touch it though.
He did touch it, even very slightly.

3:18 his touch changed the projectile of the ball, I'd say it's a perfect flick since Cavani didn't even have to control the ball before shooting.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He did touch it, even very slightly.

3:18 his touch changed the projectile of the ball, I'd say it's a perfect flick since Cavani didn't even have to control the ball before shooting.

Vid doesn’t work

RUCK4444

He's really going to go two seasons playing in all competitions without a single injury
Ive mentioned this a couple of times recently but is there any physical difference between a player like Bruno and a player like Jones?

Technically of course there is. But physically what causes a player like Jones to be permanently crocked with completely 'minor' injuries. I honestly believe it's a mental and attitude issue.

Players like Maguire and Bruno get knocks every bit as much as somebody like Jones (when the fecker plays that is) but some can push through and get themselves on the pitch for the benefit of the team.

Obviously that's excluding players with chronic issues. This is pointed more towards the likes of Jones and Bailly, constantly injured with what seem to be completely minor injuries through innocuous challenges. Get's under my skin.

0le

Ive mentioned this a couple of times recently but is there any physical difference between a player like Bruno and a player like Jones?

Technically of course there is. But physically what causes a player like Jones to be permanently crocked with completely 'minor' injuries. I honestly believe it's a mental and attitude issue.

Players like Maguire and Bruno get knocks every bit as much as somebody like Jones (when the fecker plays that is) but some can push through and get themselves on the pitch for the benefit of the team.

Obviously that's excluding players with chronic issues. This is pointed more towards the likes of Jones and Bailly, constantly injured with what seem to be completely minor injuries through innocuous challenges. Get's under my skin.
There may be a mental aspect but let us not pretend that we know anything about what is going on behind the scenes with players bodies, their medical history and how they cope with that.

RUCK4444

There may be a mental aspect but let us not pretend that we know anything about what is going on behind the scenes with players bodies, their medical history and how they cope with that.
I’m not pretending to know anything, I can only assume the club back these players and don’t question their mentality as they are repeatedly rewarded with new contracts.

But how many of those renewals are born from a need to ‘retain a value’ in the event they are sold is anybodies guess, imo I think that plays a large part in it.

Whatever our feelings on the issue one thing is clear, there are stark differences between the availability of players like Bruno/Maguire compared to Bailly/Jones.

I’m certain the former two get the exact type of knocks the latter two do, especially because Bruno is our best player and most man-marked by opposition and Harry is a mainstay playing every minute.

What’s also apparent to me is their personalities and approach to the game. You can see that some are desperate to get on the pitch and the ones who aren’t so desperate tend to be the ones getting the ‘knocks.’

If I were Ole I would certainly be keeping one eye on this. You need a fit and hungry bench to mount any sort of title challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.