Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Was fine when he came on, Portugal's best passer. Now, go find a beach, put your feet up and rest!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think he's much better in United's system as a 10.

He's too deep for Portugal moreover he's exhausted, give him a long break.

Jaxa

Should have been brought on earlier, made a big difference

But the good news is he now gets a much deserved rest !

GBBQ

A forgettable tournament for him but his lack of playing time and relatively early exit from the tournament is great news for us. Time for a nice break and to come back invigorated for pre season

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’ll just be back in Portugal now on the beach with his family and dreaming about winning it all with us. He’s the man. How some of you don’t rate him is crazy! The problem is he’s literally our only plan and we ran him into the ground and he was up for it. Few more like him and we’d be back on top.

Last edited:

Woodenlung

Whipped in two very good crosses which really should've been finished better.

But he played far too deep for my liking at times. I suppose that comes with the territory of playing with Ronaldo and Felix. They all occupy similar areas of the pitch.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Shame he played so badly this tournament. He faded fast for us towards the end of the season, and wasn't helped by Portugal's imbalance conundrum. Hope he comes back fresh and is then told by his manager from time to time that he'll be rested here and there.

Phil

He was good when he came on. Progressed the ball played at least 2 great crosses, hustled back to defend but he didn't get that one shot on target, so clearly he was shit.

Stacks

Shame he played so badly this tournament. He faded fast for us towards the end of the season, and wasn't helped by Portugal's imbalance conundrum. Hope he comes back fresh and is then told by his manager from time to time that he'll be rested here and there.
why is it a shame unless you are portuguese? I could not care less how United players play in this comp. My main interest is England

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Hope he gets as much rest as possible now. He's played a stupid amount of games.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
why is it a shame unless you are portuguese? I could not care less how United players play in this comp. My main interest is England
Yes, england must lose now so that more utd players get rest and sancho transfer saga ends.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Once Sanches went off who is about as creative as a brick against a low block with no space to run into he became playmaker and made them tick. Couple of brilliant passes showing he’s top quality. Delighted he’s getting a rest though.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
You are joking
I am not. Thought he drove them forward more, tried to make things happen and put in a couple of really good balls. Portugal looked a much better team with him on

el3mel

Pretty sure the players themselves care. Don't think Bruno now feels great because he'll get some rest.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Cause I like them and I wanted to see them do well. Also wanted Bruno to have a great tournament.

marktan

Hopefully the Euro lads get a long rest. Hasn't had a break since June 2020

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I hope he goes and lays down near a beach in Portugal for a month doing nothing. He needs both the mental and physical break.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
when they go on national duty they become the enemy. Early exits all around. thanks
Yeah, I don't feel that way. When Ronnie did his shtick against Rooney, my only worry was whether he'd find it unbearable to return to Manchester. So, for me, it's pretty much United players and rooting for the underdog provided they don't play like Greece back in the day.

tjb

He’ll just be back in Portugal now on the beach with his family and dreaming about winning it all with us. He’s the man. How some of you don’t rate him is crazy! The problem is he’s literally our only plan and we ran him into the ground and he was up for it. Few more like him and we’d be back on top.
I don't think people realize that Portugal didn't use him well at all. He's both a creator and goalscorer who works best in a free role or centrally, creating chances, roaming, working off the back of a striker and providing billing long passes and shots. He's not a playmaker that links up play. It felt like since he's a relative newcomer to the national team, Bernardo Silva in particular was favored over him, despite providing nothing for them.

It also brings another issue into question. Bruno may not perform at his best in a three man midfield set up. I know he has before at Sporting, but at United, his ability to support our attacking with his constant roaming and how good he is in running in behind the striker...those features of his game may not translate in a 433. He is our best player and has been outstanding THROUGHOUT his time at the club. He is and has shown himself to be a world class player.

OrcaFat

I am not. Thought he drove them forward more, tried to make things happen and put in a couple of really good balls. Portugal looked a much better team with him on
I agree.

Not everything he did was good but he gave their attack and their whole game some impetus. He is a very positive, progressive player and those qualities stood out.

A decent rest and he will be back to his best I’m sure.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very good midfield performance from him, was great to see.

RedDevilRoshi

The only sole reason I am happy Portugal are out of the Euros is that this guy now finally gets a fecking rest :D

VivaRonaldo85

No surprise that Bruno or Rashford both look shot given they’ve been played into the ground the last two seasons. Get a good rest lads!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I don't think people realize that Portugal didn't use him well at all. He's both a creator and goalscorer who works best in a free role or centrally, creating chances, roaming, working off the back of a striker and providing billing long passes and shots. He's not a playmaker that links up play. It felt like since he's a relative newcomer to the national team, Bernardo Silva in particular was favored over him, despite providing nothing for them.

It also brings another issue into question. Bruno may not perform at his best in a three man midfield set up. I know he has before at Sporting, but at United, his ability to support our attacking with his constant roaming and how good he is in running in behind the striker...those features of his game may not translate in a 433. He is our best player and has been outstanding THROUGHOUT his time at the club. He is and has shown himself to be a world class player.
Good post, I usually fully agree with you to be honest. He’s our leader and he’s our most prolific attacker and he’s pretty much going box to box getting us up the pitch. Who else has done that apart from Rooney? Bruno I think is quite a bit fitter than Rooney but much less strength and explosive pace. We would have been lost without him for the last season and a half. First season - he comes in and we do the impossible and get into the CL. Second season finish second and get to the EL final. You add to that and compliment that. You don’t talk about selling him :houllier:

krentz

Was excellent in no. 8 tonight controlling the game and very combative, couldve had 2 assists too had Silva and Dias able to convert them.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
82nd game in 12 month period albeit only from the bench today. A damn right disgrace. Nobody can cope with that amount of football and not look half the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.