6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaddyP

Thought he was poor today. Needs to cut down the mispasses. He was lucky we had Fred and Scott covering him.
He's doing what he's doing becuase they are covering. It's called balance. Thought he was fantastic. He can be much more measured when playing as an 8.

Strelok

Can’t stop watching that goal. Incredible finish. Such an elite player.
Yep. Given it's the 86th minute and he had missed a penalty previously I was actually quite surprised at his confidence and calmness. It was a very difficult finish.

pascell

To those that are criticising him for being wasteful, as I have in the past, are right to do so. But remember he pulls the strings, he links the play, he plays the killer balls to unlock defences, he won't get them all right but at least he tries them.

Some posters on here need to remind themselves how we played before he came and our attempts to beat the 'low block' as opposed to what we get with Bruno now. Its night and day, he's a winner and now adventuring into world class status for me. I'd rather we get what we did last night from Bruno, rather than watch Lingard and Pereira come up with what they did the beginning of last season.

Norris

That finish was immaculate. His mental strength is incredible!

Grande

He's doing what he's doing becuase they are covering. It's called balance. Thought he was fantastic. He can be much more measured when playing as an 8.
I agree, he needs licence to miss quute a few passes, because he is the only one in team that can break a defence with a pass on a regular basis. It’s woth the risk, particularily as he only tends to cede possesion in their third, as opposed to Pogs (who is looking better today, though.)

Ekeke

He was not lucky. That's what they should be doing.
A) No he was great, with a penalty miss and a few misplaced passes his only black marks
B) They really didnt. They struggled greatly with Newcastle's breaks and attacks, or affecting them in any way. So McTominay and Fred are lucky that Bruno was winning the ball more than they did higher up the pitch so they didnt have twice as many attacks to struggle against

cyberman

A) No he was great, with a penalty miss and a few misplaced passes his only black marks
B) They really didnt. They struggled greatly with Newcastle's breaks and attacks, or affecting them in any way. So McTominay and Fred are lucky that Bruno was winning the ball more than they did higher up the pitch so they didnt have twice as many attacks to struggle against
Scott and Fred weren't lucky when Bruno was doing his job.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I'm glad we have him. He is the difference. You could buy good players but it's hard to find one who actually cares about the club and wants to push others around him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sorry but I completely disagree. Bruno has the capacity to be our best player and probably become a Legend but he currently isn’t trying a leg. He is lazy, inconsistent, inaccurate, nonchalant and lacking in effort.
I don’t want to say this about our best player but the facts in front of your eyes don’t lie. Come back Bruno that we all loved. Until then, cop yourself on and work harder.
JonnoWhite is that you?

hungrywing

So he wasnt perfect yesterday, he certainly misplaced some passes and shots. But like usual he persevered even when things werent coming off. He continued to try even though he looked slightly tired once he came to play on the left and he got his rewards with contributions towards goals. 2 great finishes including the Rashford offside as well.

I have no doubt that this went under the radar so I'll make a big point of it. He made 4 tackles and 3 interceptions against Newcastle. The most tackles in the team, the most interceptions. More than Fred or McTominay who are in the areas you'd want players competing for and winning the ball. Also more than our players generally average in terms of ball winning in midfield. More than Pogba and more than Matic.

In fact its even more than Ander averaged per game for us in any season.
Bolded part was pointed out. But probably worth posting a few times more. 'Cause Bruno stuff.

When talented attacking players are also willing to do this dirty work trying to win the ball back and get their team on the front foot - thats what makes some of them true greats. So when he makes that kind of contribution winning the ball, dont overlook it just because he also scored. Even if he hadn't scored he still had an effective game for us, despite the missed passes and the balloon shot at one point. Thats why he was easily motm for me
Reminds me of Rooney or Rio (I think it was the latter) talking about Park and how Park's weirdly good tackling ability helped the five or so defensive-minded players play on the front foot since everyone could cheat just that much more towards their man and force them just that much more higher up the pitch, compressing space and contesting much less accurate passes.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
A tornado amongst snowflakes. Hopefully his passion will rub off on those around him. Our most influencial signing since RVP.

arnie_ni

The 10 min period before he goal he was horrendous but you can never sub him

Ekeke

Bolded part was pointed out. But probably worth posting a few times more. 'Cause Bruno stuff.

Reminds me of Rooney or Rio (I think it was the latter) talking about Park and how Park's weirdly good tackling ability helped the five or so defensive-minded players play on the front foot since everyone could cheat just that much more towards their man and force them just that much more higher up the pitch, compressing space and contesting much less accurate passes.
Same with Valencia. On the right wing his quality was very questionable in the final third, but he used to make the most tackles in the team which meant less defending for other people to do

Ekeke

Scott and Fred weren't lucky when Bruno was doing his job.
None of our AMs have ever been our biggest ball winner. That was Ander in DM and then we lacked ball winners till we signed Bruno and he's helped pick up the slack, but not in the DM position you would normally expect a ball winner to be in

hungrywing

Same with Valencia. On the right wing his quality was very questionable in the final third, but he used to make the most tackles in the team which meant less defending for other people to do
God, did he do that while he was still playing forward? Guess it's his own fault he got moved back there. (Still love him)

R77

He reminds me a bit of Rooney tbh.
Same. 3 parts Rooney, 1 Part Nani, 1 Part Keane in the head. By far our best player post-SAF, the kind of blend of mentality and ability we've been missing for a while. He gets it and he is it.

Mr PG

That lung bursting run in the 84th minute.....started of 20 yards behind Rashers and ended up 10yards ahead of him to give Rashers an extra option and received the return pass for incredible finish. Not even KDB could have had similar effect since Fernandes arrival.

A few clueless United fans used to claim Rooney was better than Ronaldo because Ronnie lost the ball a lot more and misplaced passes too.

Mr PG

His game intelligence (no stats can account for that) has noticeably transformed a lot of our players like Rashford and Martial( who now moves better) and that return pass from Rashford where previously Rashford would just shoot. Yes he's every bit as good as KDB and will only get better playing alongside better players like VDB who can pass and move.

Lost count of how many times he's in a good shooting position and players like Dan James completely ignore him due to their poor game intelligence (keep head down and shoot from distance when there are better options).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
His game intelligence (no stats can account for that) has noticeably transformed a lot of our players like Rashford and Martial( who now moves better) and that return pass from Rashford where previously Rashford would just shoot. Yes he's every bit as good as KDB and will only get better playing alongside better players like VDB who can pass and move.

Lost count of how many times he's in a good shooting position and players like Dan James completely ignore him due to their poor game intelligence (keep head down and shoot from distance when there are better options).
With the goal ruled out for offside, you can see James delaying making the pass and as soon as it reaches Bruno and Mata it's one touch. James delay was probably long enough to make Mata onside. Having said that I thought James had one of his better games yesterday, in relation to his form for the past 6-7 months anyway.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
With the goal ruled out for offside, you can see James delaying making the pass and as soon as it reaches Bruno and Mata it's one touch. James delay was probably long enough to make Mata onside. Having said that I thought James had one of his better games yesterday, in relation to his form for the past 6-7 months anyway.
I was screaming at the screen JAMES LAY IT OFF FFS!

As you say that seconds could make all the difference in the future, that's unfortunately why I don't like James, fast in the body but not in the head.

IAmAWinner

Such an incredible player. Can always count on him getting either a goal or an assist. Unreal output.

The Original

Rashford makes those passes to Shaw all the time, just not quite as centrally

The Original

Just on a side note, I recall having an argument with some posters as to how James is still a quality player at the very least on Bruno's level.

In hindsight, it is mind-boggling that Real offered James, Odegaard and Vasquez for Pogba and Utd turned it down.

3KDré

He couldn't have placed it any better could he?
In the box I never feel like he is going to miss. He can play really poorly in a game but when it comes to the crucial moment he will deliver.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Sometimes highlights packages give you the wrong impression of a player.

Sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.