6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

4G/3A so far, very good numbers for a midfielder. And we have finally found a real CAPTAIN

Hoof the ball

Would love to see Fernandes wearing the no.7, I'm not sure if anyone else agrees with me, but he's got that innate charisma, that drive. He's got that mentality that draw fans to him. In terms of his influence he's a United no.7. The ability and the character combined make him a perfect suitor.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s unbelievable.

his energy and desire is just infectious, not many players have his attacking output and combine that with great defensive pressure too.

If one day he clears up his tidiness and gets his shots and passing a bit more consistent he could be one of our best ever players.

Brilliant in keeping possession, brilliant creativity, fantastic defensively. Genuinely think that's one of his best performances for the club. Rode the line between risk and safety perfectly, especially when we were under the cosh. A lot of his balls to the strikers were just slightly off or wasted (like that Rashford 2v1 break). If only he could have gotten it through to Martial when he had him square behind but Diallo blocked it, maybe should've taken his time a bit more. Still, fantastic performance from the captain :devil:

criticalanalysis

Wow really surprised by the comments thus far :confused:

My thoughts:

Balls of steel for the re-take.

Lots of hard work, running and fantastic mentality.

A few balls of real quality.

About and no exaggeration here, 10 balls of absolutely baffling poor quality/execution all in the 2nd half where the 'move' basically ended with him. Proper hollywood balls type stuff.

I'm hyped for the win of course but still.

Devil may care

Great energy and had balls to retake the penalty but if Pogba wasted the ball as often as he did tonight he'd be slated.

tidraKS

Great great player. I'm really happy that we've signed him. He lifts us in every aspect. Could have had at least one assist tonight if Rashford and Martial were a bit more clinical.

James_42

I'm happy he got the captaincy but thought he was very average tonight, wasted a lot of chances, and his final ball was pretty poor.

And yet he still managed to get on the scoresheet, his numbers are pretty crazy.

Tiber

Brilliant, unlucky to only have one goal.

Thought the first penalty was decent, keeper just guessed the right direction

Walters_19_MuFc

Again, heavily involved in our play. Like Martial and Rash, I felt he could have made better decisions in the final third, but made some fantastic passes at times and felt he displayed nerves of steel to retake the pen in the manner in which he did do.

Somehow I never get less amazed at the sheer amount of ground he covers during a game. Seems a strange thing to praise him for, given his performance tonight, but his off ball stuff - pressing, tracking back, finding space, defensive contribution...all at high intensity - is genuinely brilliant.

Tonight his passing was really on too...but even on the days where it isn't, he manages to contribute in so many ways.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Officially confirmed as the heatbeat of Ole Gunner Solskjar's Manchester United.

The Original

Would love to see Fernandes wearing the no.7, I'm not sure if anyone else agrees with me, but he's got that innate charisma, that drive. He's got that mentality that draw fans to him. In terms of his influence he's a United no.7. The ability and the character combined make him a perfect suitor.
The 7 is about flair first and all those other things second

Eddy_JukeZ

I thought he was notably more sloppy than usual(especially with that 1 pass at the end).

But he is 100% the engine and heartbeat of this team.

The amount of ground he covers while being insanely productive is a gem.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
We totally lucked out with this guy.
I dont think its luck to be fair. (Though I know what you mean)

I think Ole has looked at stats and data when buying players.

I know VDB and Bruno had great stats. AWB's tackling stats. Telles crossing stats etc.

I'm quite excited with some of these younger players we have bought as well because of this.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We totally lucked out with this guy.
Well we tried to get him, failed and still went back 4 months later, so no, I think Ole was absolutely certain about what he would bring and how he would be a catalyst. Ole deserves praise for sticking to his guns and trusting his judgement.

the rest is because of Bruno’s talent and personality. Very few players like him in EPL.

DRM

Just listen to this interview....everything he says is brilliant and i'm so glad we have this guy in the team:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I am surprised by how much Bruno gets criticised these days. I don't think he was at his best last night. However, he showed great courage around the penalty incident. He probably also should have had a couple of assists with balls over the top to Martial and Rashford in the second half. Plus he ran more than anyone else in a United shirt last night and you could see that. We're lucky to have him.

predator

Youth NITK
Its rare to find a player so good as a footballer also have such a strong mentality.

He is the main man now in that dressing room

TrustInOle

I'm pretty sure no one associates the 7 with Bryan Robson. An iconic player he may have been, an iconic 7 he certainly wasn't, as the first iconic 7 really was Cantona, not even Best.
What? Robson is was of our iconic numbers 7's and your forgetting Best, no?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Every time he stands up and is willing to be counted, you just have to wonder why we didn't prioritise him sooner...and how did no other club in Europe move for him before us?

He could definitely merit a place in a squad of one of the current elite club teams in the world.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So...Do I have to worry about him stepping up to take penalites now? Because I was really enjoying not being convinced we're going to miss every penalty we get.

NYAS

I’m assuming his assist at Luton isn’t counted on his profile here for some reason? @Damien

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm pretty sure no one associates the 7 with Bryan Robson. An iconic player he may have been, an iconic 7 he certainly wasn't, as the first iconic 7 really was Cantona, not even Best.
Perhaps you are not old enough to have watched and supported Robson?

He was as iconic as Ronaldo for the no 7 shirt, which he also wore for England.

GlasgowCeltic

Every time he presses high and presses alone I wonder how Martial and Rashford aren’t embarrassed into action

YAMS49

He deserves the previously iconic 7 shirt.

If we are treating it as special shirt which in these days seems a questionable gesture/thing to do then he is the only player worthy right now. Rashford maybe in time but right now no one else is even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.