6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RooneyLegend

Agree regarding Keane although wouldn't say there's too much in it but he's not near Scholes technique wise. Scholes was able to consistently pick out passes of all types and distances under pressure while making it look easy. One of the best passers, technique wise, the game has ever seen IMO.
Oh that's very true but in terms of control of the ball and command of it Bruno owes nothing to Scholes. Obviously passing and ball striking technique Scholes takes it but Bruno also has it in his locker.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I would love to have watched Keane, Scholes and Bruno play football together.

HowYouDoin

Bruno is amazing. But gosh some of his passes are infuriating. When theres a good simple pass to make he should do that instead of attempting something impossible. It would really elevate his game.

ROFLUTION

Low IQ player. Always said as soon as the penalties dry up and he isnt stats padding people will open their eyes and start realizing what exactly he is offering in open play ie absolute feck all. hasnt put a good 90 min in ages but was covering it up with penalties (mostly won by others) and getting free passes on 2/10 performances because of it.

No better than Sanchez . Only Sanchez didnt take set pieces and penalties to boost his stats
:lol: Lost for words.
Bruno is amazing. But gosh some of his passes are infuriating. When theres a good simple pass to make he should do that instead of attempting something impossible. It would really elevate his game.
That's not how it works though. Would you rather have:
a) A player who tries 5 keypasses each game. 2 comes off, and leads to 1-2 goals.
b) a player who plays it safe 50% of the time, and leads to *maybe* 1 chance a game?

It's a good trait if you ask me. Sometimes it just doesn't come off. Sometimes it'll be a zero goal performance, sometimes leading to 2-4 big chances. He's not losing the ball in dangerous areas like Pogba.

KennyBurner

Even greenwood lost it with him after he took that longshoot when he was open for a pass.

A better manager would tell Bruno to focus more on ball retention than always trying to force things. The problem is he does it too much. Needs better Football IQ on when to force the issue or retain possession.

Most of our footballing issues arises from the fact we don’t have a manager that coaches any attacking patterns. All our players only know how to freestyle.

Strelok

You actually think keane had more ability than Bruno? As in this is a real conversation that you believe can be had?
It seems the technical ability of Keane is really underappreciated here. Probably because he kept things simple and didn't do those flashy Hollywood stuffs.

Btw you still didn't answer my question?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
A few good games and we all heralded him the second coming.

A few bad games and now he's Jimmy Bullard.

Reminds me of the arsenal fan base.
To be fair Jimmy Bullard is very good at imitating famous goals that happened in history iwatch him on youtube and heß quality.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
To be fair Jimmy Bullard is very good at imitating famous goals that happened in history iwatch him on youtube and heß quality.
I'm a huge fan of him. Met him at Sky, lovely bloke. Just wants to always have a laugh. I think Roy Keane would punch him if they ever did punditry together and disagreed.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It seems the technical ability of Keane is really underappreciated here. Probably because he kept things simple and didn't do those flashy Hollywood stuffs.
100% correct. He had great ability and was a totally elite level player, just different roles and requirements to Bruno. Stupid comparison between two totally different players.

GlasgowCeltic

It seems like time is unfortunately increasingly remembering him as a good Lee Cattermole. He was better than Scholes let alone Bruno

SATA

To say Bruno has a low football IQ is extremely insulting to the guy. Those words are reserved for players like Daniel James or Pereira. Also one Roy Keane is equal to two Brunos. Seriously have you lot watched Keane bossing the midfield front to back in his prime?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Was only a matter of time before people started turning on him.

He is an excellent player, our midfield is lacking organisation and structure not talent, well except for maybe in the holding department.

Low IQ? A player who gets as many assists and spots as many quick passes as him is labelled as having low football IQ?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Keane was a brilliant footballer, the rise of a narrative and the younger generation means that is being forgotten.

Strelok

Keane was a brilliant footballer, the rise of a narrative and the younger generation means that is being forgotten.
Yeah but it's normal I think. There was no Youtube at that time. And Keane was never the flashy type. That's why I asked if that poster watched Keane.

RooneyLegend

He didn't do those flashy Hollywood stuffs cause he didn't have the ability to do them. That's the primary reason why players 'keep things simple'.

What's your question? Whether I watched him play? Yes, I did. No more than a limited combative midfielder. Pretty much up there with the best ones around at the time. Anything else is make believe stuff from the caf.

Strelok

He didn't do those flashy Hollywood stuffs cause he didn't have the ability to do them. That's the primary reason why players 'keep things simple'.

What's your question? Whether I watched him play? Yes, I did. No more than a limited combative midfielder. Pretty much up there with the best ones around at the time. Anything else is make believe stuff from the caf.
:eek:

Tbh I don't want to call you a liar but seriously either that or you have some very serious issue with your eyes mate :lol:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I feel as an AM he has the freedom to be lose with his passing because its normally one pass before he puts the players through on goal.

I think if we play him a bit deeper he will realise that he cant be so erratic with his passes and find a balance between passing to his centre midfield partners and or passing forward to put an attacking midfielder or forward through on goal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The biggest criticism you can have of him is that he is too instinctive. Bruno constantly tries to make a half-turn over the top pass or an early cross/shot at times where he should take a bit more care with the ball. On the other hand you can probably argue Pogba is too deliberate; constantly trying to outmuscle or dribble past a player in a position where he should release quicker.

Annoying as they're both comfortably two of the best players in the league on simple ability, but it's just something too ingrained in how both of them play to change at this point.

RedorDead21

SHould have been taken off earlier, Think it was in the between mins 64-65 where the play was literally 5 yards from his feet and he made no effort to close the angle for the pass. At that point he should have been taken off.....obviously knackered!

Josh 76

At least he's the only one trying to do something other than pass backwards or sideways.

Lewnited

Past couple of games he's been the worst player on the pitch... almost neglegence the amount of times he's given the ball away.

AngliaRed

Has been terrible for a good few weeks now, but got a pass for how he dragged us singlehandedly through last season and rightfully so.

He needs dropping/resting.

TsuWave

We can’t carry a player that gives the ball away that many times. It’s just not sustainable

Canagel

And certain people were trying to get onto me for saying Low IQ player.Another disasterclass today but we arent ready for that conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.