6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaviboy

Least he takes risks with his passing not like rest of midfield playing passes from side to side. If we had better movement going forward and players coached properly with off the ball movement I'm sure most of his passes would make a difference.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He’s steadily got worse and worse since joining. He came in like a whirlwind and looked a completely different class.

The more time he’s spent with Ole and his coaches the worse his performances have got.

When so many top players are underachieving week after week you know it’s a failure of the manager.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

The thing is that Bruno clearly is a talented footballer. And he got an eye for killer passes. However, he has become so sloppy it is painful to watch.

My thoughts are that he needs a coach who is concentrating on telling him to do easier stuff and work hard on his slopiness. Look a bit at what Donny is doing so well, going for the quick and simple pass and only play the more difficult one when you are able to execute it with the needed precision.
I have the impression that Ole and his stuff are giving him too much freedom on the pitch and the feeling that he will not be dropped no matter how shit he plays might lead to him getting even sloppier.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He’s steadily got worse and worse since joining. He came in like a whirlwind and looked a completely different class.

The more time he’s spent with Ole and his coaches the worse his performances have got.

When so many top players are underachieving week after week you know it’s a failure of the manager.
But it isn't just an Ole issue, the same thing was happening with Mourinho as well. Every manager brings their own coaching staff, and yet it's constantly an issue that we've seen players and teams representing United with players that are getting worse and worse, and sometimes look as if they had never played a game together, this isn't unique to Ole. You'd hope another coach could sort it out, but there hasn't been any evidence of that so far and it's actually kind of baffling to me trying to make sense of it.

luke511

I imagine the manager lets him play his own game without much guidance, which worked well at the start but now I think his performances are suffering from too much independence/leeway on the pitch.

R77

But it isn't just an Ole issue, the same thing was happening with Mourinho as well. Every manager brings their own coaching staff, and yet it's constantly an issue that we've seen players and teams representing United with players that are getting worse and worse, and sometimes look as if they had never played a game together, this isn't unique to Ole. You'd hope another coach could sort it out, but there hasn't been any evidence of that so far and it's actually kind of baffling to me trying to make sense of it.
Can't help but think similar, and have been wondering for a while now. Maybe it is just coincidence related to management failure, but is there a common thread? Does everyone get kicked out of training at 11am to do media training or something? It's weird.

TsuWave

He is actually a horrible passer -- as bad as McTominay and Wan-Bissaka, just with more freedom and a better range. He just passes with reckless abandon like an amateur would, without considering the position of the receiver.

Loose, terrible weight, accuracy, and direction with his short passing. His passes always seem to put the receiver under pressure, and he always seem to be unaware of what's going on around him whenever he receives or is about to receive the ball.

I genuinely can't think of any midfielder with his reputation who has a worse passing game.
I agree with all this.

Water Melon

Bruno has become way more wasteful with his passing. Opposition do not give you much space or time (unless you are Demba Ba playing against Man Utd) so collective movement is key. Fernandes usually makes 50/50 forward passes which result in losing possession half the time. Against Istanbul his passing was way off which is strange as the Turkish side were not really eager to put us under much pressure with pressing. Bruno needs to improve and we need to up our collective play which is the main responsibility of our manager and his coaching team.

poleglass red

right set up he could thrive. Needs 1 mobile quality defensive mid who can track back, he also needs another mid who can help in attack but also help defensively as well. I think a mid 3 of him at the tip, VBD in middle and a quality defensive mid would work. Right now we've 2 defensive mids that need to play together in Fred and McT, and then matic who doesn't have the ability to track runners.1 quality defensive mid basically renders them 3 as back ups.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I still think he is good but it looks like he has lost faith in Ole and has just gone mad. The impression i got was he was trying too hard to make a pass last night instead of just keeping it simple.

To be fair, the whole team looked terrible last night.

Foxbatt

I feel that he is running too much. He has to do too much. I feel we should play Bruno, DVB and Fred in midfield and yes Matic as the DM. Cavani as the CF with Martial dropping deep and dribbling with the ball.

MS4

So you would play cavani who hasn't showed anything yet and not play Rashford?

He'sRaldo

The run of form he showed when he came in initially was great, but we've seen similar from all our attacking players in the past.

As such, it means that we can't rightly proclaim him our best player and only world class player, when it seems like his previous level was a purple patch with his actual level being quite a bit lower. This also means that he shouldn't be undroppable especially as we've no shortage of competition for his spot.

The other issue is, especially when the team needs to get a foothold in the game, we can't allow him to lose the ball over and over again and play with reckless abandon, since it's seeming more and more like he doesn't have the world class technical quality to do so.

KennyBurner

69% of His goals are penalties. 11 out of 16 of his goals are from the spot.

Stop counting non penalty goals as a means of measuring efficiency. He would have been rightfully criticized much earlier if we did this.

Santos J

So good. The assist was great too, had everyone sold when he cut in as if he was gonna take it on himself but played it perfectly.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
This guy is a winner. He has that mentality to keep going for the win no matter what. Another player would have shot the last chance for his hat trick and skied it.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Two goals, one assist. PeNaNdEs!

Perhaps the most important signing we've made of the post Ferguson era.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Two goals, an assist and the most committed and passionate player on the pitch. Class

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Much better today. Finally see him attacking the box and making the right simple pass at the end. Earned his fortune for the second.

Woodenlung

The criticism of him is way over the top. Clearly our best player and we'd be lost without him.

NinjaFletch

Well at least he's shut up the 'Bruno is actually shit' bedwetters before they could really get started, hey?

acnumber9

Can be shit and amazing in the space of thirty seconds. Doesn’t matter much when he consistently wins us games.

RonaldoVII

Not the perfect performance by all means and could've picked up a 2nd yellow a few times but he's the difference and the match winner and zero chance of winning that without him today.

RUCK4444

Shows how odd our fanbase are that some have been calling him shite etc.

He was everywhere, fighting every player on the pitch, two goals and an assist.

Only leader in this side. World class.

Edit: he’s saying in his interview that others need to be leaders. This is what we are missing with the consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.