6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

I just don't think mood leader makes sense whereas in the context of what he said next, mute definitely did.
But the reason he said it was because he didn’t know the word, and said sorry my English isn’t good what is the word and then said “Mood” probably wasn’t the word he was searching for.

Actually I’m 100% positive he said mood leader as I watched him say it then the BT pundits repeat it and try to twist it in to a negative.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
But the reason he said it was because he didn’t know the word, and said sorry my English isn’t good what is the word and then said “Mood” probably wasn’t the word he was searching for.

Actually I’m 100% positive he said mood leader as I watched him say it then the BT pundits repeat it and try to twist it in to a negative.
Ya his English let him down there but the media typically trying to twist it forgetting he is a foreigner.

Mr PG

We need one more player like Bruno in this team. We upgrade our CB pairing and we can play both him and VDB.

NK86

We all know he has tremendous ability to perform in the final third, but what absolutely stands out is he is everywhere even when are defending. At times he was basically covering for AWB in the RB position, sometimes he was tracking back runners from deep. Absolutely love his drive and passion.

He should be our captain, without a doubt.

Khalif_20

We're lucky to have Bruno, he's turning out to be a total bargain purchase and talismanic key player.

There are a couple weaknesses in his game but that fighting spirit which lifts the team and turns matches in our favor is something special, few players have that quality.

Equally good as second striker - we've defended in 4-4-2 shape vs Everton - or #10, mezzala, would be a great #8 as well I'm sure.

There isn't a single team in the world where he wouldn't be a key player: Liverpool, City, Bayern, Juve, PSG, Real, Barca, they'd all love to have him!

Strelok

We're lucky to have Bruno, he's turning out to be a total bargain purchase and talismanic key player.

There are a couple weaknesses in his game but that fighting spirit which lifts the team and turns matches in our favor is something special, few players have that quality.

Equally good as second striker - we've defended in 4-4-2 shape vs Everton - or #10, mezzala, would be a great #8 as well I'm sure.

There isn't a single team in the world where he wouldn't be a key player: Liverpool, City, Bayern, Juve, PSG, Real, Barca, they'd all love to have him!
Tbh we should start to worry about that I think.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Most of them penalties he didn't win himself. I mean these are great and everything, but with context it's not nearly as extraordinary as you might think. He did look much better last game compared to the beginning of the season and end of last one.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
If only we had 3 or 4 players with the same mentality this guy has towards winning.

Mentally, he's what you need in a team.

The United

Most of them penalties he didn't win himself. I mean these are great and everything, but with context it's not nearly as extraordinary as you might think. He did look much better last game compared to the beginning of the season and end of last one.
True. Getting penalties is important. I mean once we get them, they will score a goal themselves.

Last edited:

Champagne Football

I'm not a Pogba hater but sometimes constructive criticism is warranted, and comparing his mentality to Bruno's is night and day. When we went a goal down to Everton, if Pogba had been on the field his mentality would be 'Here we go again, I'm too good for this team, why bother' ......But with Bruno, he brought it on himself to pull us out of a hole through sheer will of character, similar to how Keano used to do time and time again, or other serial winners like Giggs, Beckham or CR7 etc

3KDré

He’s scored more goals in open play than penalties.

Canagel

@Canagel What do you got to say now ? Still stat padding ?
The team won and the first thing you thought of is me :lol: . Sorry but 1 good game in 20 in open play doesn't prove anything. Maybe If he cuts down the wasteful football we can talk again. And I dont think I'm harsh for expecting better football IQ in open play from a seasoned experienced international
@SportingCP96 Great post man. Bruno has been performing long enough for Utd for fans to trust him to come back to good form after a little period of trouble. We shouldn't even need to resort to look at his career in general to know and accept the type of player he is. It's just we have a portion of stupid fans who expect and want perfection or something close to it from certain players in every game.
His output is ridiculious, just that alone he deserves our support and patience whenever he isn't playing as well as he could.
not giving the ball away 34 times in a game is now expecting perfect?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He’s scored more goals in open play than penalties.
Is that true? I thought in his first 10 away games it was mostly penalties Martial had won, I take it back if I'm off on that. It just sounded like another of those cherry-picking stats without much context like you see in a lot of player threads.

Is that true? I thought in his first 10 away games it was mostly penalties Martial had won, I take it back if I'm off on that. It just sounded like another of those cherry-picking stats without much context like you see in a lot of player threads.
Has the most non penalty goals/assists of any midfielder in the league since he's joined

Cloud7

What a signing he's been. Crazy to think that it was only us and Spurs that were interested in him.

Mustaine96

His impact for Manchester United, is on the same level as the one that Salah had on his day for Liverpool.

Not only for his football conditions but also for his personality and leadership, he is the man to build the team around.

Le Red

This again? He's a great penalty taker, most prolific midfielders have penalties as a source of goals and he actually ended a frustrating debate regarding who should take our penalties because we were missing a lot of them.
In a team that gets as much penalties as we do, having such a good taker is a must.
It's not like that's all he brings to the table, it's just a bonus.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
4 goals from the spot, excluding them it's 11 goals + assists, which is still a brilliant record for attacking mid.

roonster09

Scout
The team won and the first thing you thought of is me :lol: . Sorry but 1 good game in 20 in open play doesn't prove anything. Maybe If he cuts down the wasteful football we can talk again. And I dont think I'm harsh for expecting better football IQ in open play from a seasoned experienced international

If only KdB and TAA had better football IQ

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
It is easy to understate the importance of a reliable penalty taker. Could even be the difference between finishing in the Top 4 or outside of it. Either way, Bruno has been a revelation and by far the most consistent player we've had even with the occasional off days.

Would he have shined as brightly in previous United teams under Sir Alex? I don't think so. He would most probably have been be a really reliable squad player rather than the main midfield man he is now.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

A lot of people accuse him of being wasteful. A lot of people watch only united. They're trained to see mediocre football and accept that its how football is played by Premier league standard players, so when they see an actual Premier league standard player they get very confused.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Don't worry, you're not that important. The stupidity of what you said about Bruno was remarkable. I'd take a player who is wasteful at times if he can be decisive for the team which is the case with him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Tbf, KDB has been poor this season. Is his normal pass accuracy the same or worse than Fernandes'? And TAA's stat is again very misleaing - I'm sure a good chunk of his 'loss' of possession is putting in crosses which is a tactic for him to do put in many of, and hence incomparable to CM/AM losing the ball. I don't see the issue here, Bruno is fantastic but he does give the ball away cheaply in a way other great creative/attacking midfield players don't - Ozil, Lampard, Silva, KDB, Messi (okay silly to add him here but anyhoo) etc

roonster09

Scout
Tbf, KDB has been poor this season. Is his normal pass accuracy the same or worse than Fernandes'? And TAA's stat is again very misleaing - I'm sure a good chunk of his 'loss' of possession is putting in crosses which is a tactic for him to do put in many of, and hence incomparable to CM/AM losing the ball. I don't see the issue here, Bruno is fantastic but he does give the ball away cheaply in a way other great creative/attacking midfield players don't - Ozil, Lampard, Silva, KDB, Messi (okay silly to add him here but anyhoo) etc
KdB stats are from arguably his best season, 2017-18 season. Players who tries to unlock the defenses (especially in a team that's more relied on individuals than clever movements) will give away possession, no one remembers KdB or TAA as players who gives away possession, they are known for how productive they are.

KdB also gives away possession lot of times, now it's better as it's under Pep and they play lot of short passes which improves the passing %. For example, his best season at Wolfsburg where he broke assists record, his pass completion % was 74.5%, his 2015-16 season (before Pep became their manager) his pass completion % was 78.3%.

Since Pep took over it's around 81-83% and that's because they play lot of short passes as part of build up. KdB playing for us would be giving away possession just like Bruno does.

Agreed with Ozil though, he was fantastic player at his peak, with insane stats too. James is also one more player like Ozil, fantastic player with very good stats.

Silva isn't a final third player with lot of risky passes, his output isn't comparable to KdB, Bruno or Ozil.

Also, Bruno's short passes completion is 85%, that's not bad at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Invictus

Jeffthered

I think my concern is that he plays such a fundemental role in our team, and right now, our flamin' club in fact. Yes, all teams have key players, but better managed sides (clubs) can absorb this.. note Aguero, Van Dijk etc.. Bale plays off the bench for Spurs etc (admittedly he is yet to find real form..) but my point is Bruno is indeed having an excellent start to his career, but as we have seen when he loses a little form, we look a far, far less of a proposition for opposing teams. What if he gets injured (which wouldn't be a surprise with the demanding schedule...)?

His quality and impact further highlight the limitations to our squad. This needs to be addressed.

romufc

I think my concern is that he plays such a fundemental role in our team, and right now, our flamin' club in fact. Yes, all teams have key players, but better managed sides (clubs) can absorb this.. note Aguero, Van Dijk etc.. Bale plays off the bench for Spurs etc (admittedly he is yet to find real form..) but my point is Bruno is indeed having an excellent start to his career, but as we have seen when he loses a little form, we look a far, far less of a proposition for opposing teams. What if he gets injured (which wouldn't be a surprise with the demanding schedule...)?

His quality and impact further highlight the limitations to our squad. This needs to be addressed.
Really? City struggled for goals in the CL last season and the start of this season without Aguero.

Liverpool, yes because they have a very good squad.

Bale? since when has Bale been a key player for Spurs?

Kane - when he is injured you can see how badly Spurs struggle.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Best signing we've made in years. Probably have to go back to Van Persie for anyone in same league as him. So pleased he came to us.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He could walk into any top team in the world on current form. That's why the fan base shouldn't let the standards slip to absolve the manager of blame, like what's currently happening.

Someone as ambitious & determined as Bruno isn't going to settle competing for Mickey Mouse trophies every season. We're taking him for granted if we think someone like him would ever settle for that.

Mr PG

Has any United player ever had better numbers than Bruno in a season? I personally rate him higher than Rooney and Ronaldo here(with the caveat of a shorter time period of course and assuming he continues with this level of production). Why because Rooney and Ronaldo used to struggle in big games. Bruno effect is almost the same regardless of opponent.

Bwuk

Has any United player ever had better numbers than Bruno in a season? I personally rate him higher than Rooney and Ronaldo here(with the caveat of a shorter time period of course and assuming he continues with this level of production). Why because Rooney and Ronaldo used to struggle in big games. Bruno effect is almost the same regardless of opponent.
Rooney and Ronaldo were both far better than Bruno, let's not get carried away.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This is why people are starting to hate on Bruno. Silly comparisons like this. He hasn’t even been here a year & he’s better than 2 of our greatest ever players...

How exactly did they struggle in big games anyway? Rooney literally scored winners against Liverpool, City, Chelsea & Arsenal. Ronaldo had plenty of great performances against the top clubs too. Didn’t they both score in CL finals for us?

Last edited:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Did you start following United in February 2020?

Giggs' right foot

Yikes. What a way to announce to the world that you never watched them in their prime.

Matt6677

Many of us dont want to accept but there is a possibility that he goes elsewhere to fulfill his ambition if we continue not to challenge for silverware in the near future.

And everyone knows Madrid are always keeping an eye on our talent

tomaldinho1

Many of us dont want to accept but there is a possibility that he goes elsewhere to fulfill his ambition if we continue not to challenge for silverware in the near future.

And everyone knows Madrid are always keeping an eye on our talent
I never really blame the players who perform well but might harbour dreams of playing for a certain European club one day - it's up to us as a club to make United hard to leave for the right reasons.

I do have a problem with Pogba who has never been great for us and yet talks about Real so often, it's become old news. I also doubt they really want to pay anything for him - they'll just wait to sign him in two seasons if it ever happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.