Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He should've had two assists yesterday and fans are worried about him misplacing a few passes against fecking West Brom?

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
Not his best performance since arrived but could easily have left the pitch with one goal and two assists. You can not set it up better for Martial and Rashford in those crucial scenes.
People have to admit that he was once again by far the most dangerous player for United and stop trying to find the hair in the soup. There are some other soups with a lot of hair in there that you should look at first.
You can not create chances without taking risks - it‘s as simple as that.

OldTrevil

He won us the game so overall gets a pass from me, but those who go to the other extreme by making him irreproachable, calling him our best player or the best thing since sliced bread, are as pathetic as those calling Pogba shit and below PL quality.

Bruno is a high risk high reward player, who can frustrate but has the quality to win you games with assists, goals and penalties. Depending on how well he is coached and the system he's used in, I believe his frustrating aspects can be minimized

norm87cro

His vision and passing technuiqe are world class. He has a mean edge to him too and wants to win. That's Manchester United material right there. U only have a problem with his penalty taking but since the refs keep allowing him to take a penalty that way that shouldn't be our (or his) conceirn. And he took a big old s... on the Pogba apologists since arriving and that's something I can't thank him enough for.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's pretty weird really. Pogba fan boys have been on a mission to prove Bruno isn't as good as Pogba. I mean everyone and his dog know this isn't right. Bruno is what we pretty much were expecting Pogba to be, the main center of the team creating and scoring consistently every game. It must hurt for some to see that a top player doesn't need ton of excuses to perform regularly.
I don’t understand why we can’t just support both.

This new generation of fans who support players is weird. Players are all replaceable employees. Loyalty doesn’t exist in the game anymore, Messi has shown that at Barca. I support the club & don’t have any irrational “fanboy” love for any of our players. They are all paid employees, if another club offers them more money they will go, which is fair enough, but only supporting certain players over the club it’s self will almost certainly end in tears.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Every players have weakness and his weakness doesn’t give us lot problems because we have Fred supporting him. He can give away the ball with his pass whatever he likes and we shouldn’t care much about it because he always going for risky passes which what you wants at United, playing risky and he has United DNA for being risky taker.

Fred will win us the ball back for him if he loses the ball, so this concern about him giving away possession isn’t big deal. He could have got 2 or 3 assists yesterday.

We must build our team around him. If we have Fred & Zakaria behind him, we will have very solid midfielder. Risky taker creative midfielder, supported by two hard working players behind him, one is pressing midfielder while the other one is more athleticism midfielder, both can carry the ball and supply the ball to the three attacking mid like Bruno, Rashford and whoever that right winger is.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
His vision and passing technuiqe are world class. He has a mean edge to him too and wants to win. That's Manchester United material right there. U only have a problem with his penalty taking but since the refs keep allowing him to take a penalty that way that shouldn't be our (or his) conceirn. And he took a big old s... on the Pogba apologists since arriving and that's something I can't thank him enough for.
Perfectly put.

MattofManchester

This new generation of fans who support players is weird.
It's not just the new generation. Fans are generally taking sides as if we're going to war with each other.

If you support Pogba as a Manchester United player, you're a fanboy, if you don't, you're a hater. If you support Ole, you're a fanatic, if you don't, you're not a real fan. There's just hypocrisy all over the place and it's nothing particularly reserved to one generation.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

This new generation of fans who support players is weird. Players are all replaceable employees. Loyalty doesn’t exist in the game anymore, Messi has shown that at Barca. I support the club & don’t have any irrational “fanboy” love for any of our players. They are all paid employees, if another club offers them more money they will go, which is fair enough, but only supporting certain players over the club it’s self will almost certainly end in tears.
Don't think so, we saw how bad it was when fans were ready to get on Ronaldo's back and support Rooney after that World Cup incident.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This conflict between the 2 is not that serious now is it :lol: ?I love Bruno and I've always defended Pogba whenever I felt he was treated unfairly. There is no need to create fake oppositions like that. Like the post below shows, this isn't war. The end goal is the greater good for Man Utd, not winning an online battle against Utd supporters
It's not just the new generation. Fans are generally taking sides as if we're going to war with each other.

If you support Pogba as a Manchester United player, you're a fanboy, if you don't, you're a hater. If you support Ole, you're a fanatic, if you don't, you're not a real fan. There's just hypocrisy all over the place and it's nothing particularly reserved to one generation.

el3mel

I support what benefits the team the most.

Andersons Dietician

he is very up and down. No doubt some of the passes are sublime that one to Mata should be framed but come on people go way over the top. I guess it comes down to how much we are willing to indulge him to try things. As he does make some extremely daft choices on game and sometimes they come off sometimes they don’t. (more often that not)

Think he realised he screwed up yesterday and that’s why he lunged in for that penalty. He let him run in the box unchallenged and is watching the whole thing then panics reacts too late and then takes that risk and brings him down. Very Pogba like.

There were many plus points yesterday I felt with his performance. Seemed a more mature performance, actually kind of sat in midfield a bit and didn’t just go gallivanting off playing as a striker for 90 mins. Dropped in and offered himself in space and it just looked a bit of a better shape.

Engine for days as well as he was getting about.

Imagine how good he'd be playing with forwards who actually made off-ball runs...

Even with Mata and Cavani being a bit slow motion - but intelligent - in their runs, Bruno links up so well with them. Played a couple of perfect defence-splitters to Cavani when he came on.

If Rashford or Martial actually bothered running off-ball, we'd instantly look a more dangerous and cohesive side.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
We have a few players in our squad who if things don't go their way drop their heads but after watching Bruno playing in a mediocre team like Sporting I have absolutely no worries on that front. It doesn't matter who is beside him or how the team plays, he never gives up. The only worries I do have about him is if he gets injured. Then I think we are well and truly fecked.

Skills

Snitch
Imagine how good he'd be playing with forwards who actually made off-ball runs...

Even with Mata and Cavani being a bit slow motion - but intelligent - in their runs, Bruno links up so well with them. Played a couple of perfect defence-splitters to Cavani when he came on.

If Rashford or Martial actually bothered running off-ball, we'd instantly look a more dangerous and cohesive side.
Or if he played for a coach who actually realised it's his job to make that happen

Mr PG

he is very up and down. No doubt some of the passes are sublime that one to Mata should be framed but come on people go way over the top. I guess it comes down to how much we are willing to indulge him to try things. As he does make some extremely daft choices on game and sometimes they come off sometimes they don’t. (more often that not)

Think he realised he screwed up yesterday and that’s why he lunged in for that penalty. He let him run in the box unchallenged and is watching the whole thing then panics reacts too late and then takes that risk and brings him down. Very Pogba like.

There were many plus points yesterday I felt with his performance. Seemed a more mature performance, actually kind of sat in midfield a bit and didn’t just go gallivanting off playing as a striker for 90 mins. Dropped in and offered himself in space and it just looked a bit of a better shape.

Engine for days as well as he was getting about.
Some want him playing in midfield (which would be ok with better attackers) but then all his key passes go unfinished. When he plays upfront he scores these himself.

He'sRaldo

I'm now more convinced than ever, that he needs to start leaving penalties for the strikers.

He's scored 3 penalties in the league, if those were shared between Martial and Rashford then that could have been the catalyst for them to start going a bit. Last season before Bruno came in, Rashford alternated his open play scoring with penalties and it really visibly helped his confidence to see the numbers steadily going up.

Especially now that Bruno's missed a few in a row, I'd like to see our 2 strikers (and even Greenwood whenever he comes back in) take more of them to get their numbers and confidence up, bit by bit. Plus, the better the attackers' numbers, the more fans get off their back and thus the less pressure they have while playing, so it's always good in general to have the attackers scoring penalties.

meamth

Sam Johnstone let it out on twitter, being very salty that GKs shouldn't be banned from moving early.

Tony247

Sam Johnstone let it out on twitter, being very salty that GKs shouldn't be banned from moving early.
GK coming forward before the kick = narrowing goal post width for striker in front. Must not be allowed in pen scenario. It is ridiculous some tabloids are supporting this illegal act.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Imagine what his assist stats would look like if our forwards actually took the chances he's created for then. Phenomenal player.

I loved his reverse ball to Cavani. On the urn, and barely having time to look up, not the mention what a tight space he had to squeeze that ball into.

romufc

I cannot believe how some fans would want this guy out of the team and play Pogba. I get that he gives the ball away but were we not crying when Andreas and Lingard were here playing side ways without any creativity?

Surely if a player is making 6 key passes a game against a low block he wont have passing accuracy of 90%. The thing is sometimes he makes passes that are over hit or under hit but I dont mind that, at least we get scoring chances.

I am not sure where this twitter and youtube Bruno agenda is coming from.

Lemansky

I cannot believe how some fans would want this guy out of the team and play Pogba. I get that he gives the ball away but were we not crying when Andreas and Lingard were here playing side ways without any creativity?

Surely if a player is making 6 key passes a game against a low block he wont have passing accuracy of 90%. The thing is sometimes he makes passes that are over hit or under hit but I dont mind that, at least we get scoring chances.

I am not sure where this twitter and youtube Bruno agenda is coming from.
That can’t be true, surely? Bruno is our best player by far. He is so much more important than the rest that it’s almost comical. Pogba is an absolute passenger in comparison.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If there was no rule the GK could literally stand 2cm in front of the ball and block the goal totally. Just sour grapes.

romufc

That can’t be true, surely? Bruno is our best player by far. He is so much more important than the rest that it’s almost comical. Pogba is an absolute passenger in comparison.
Yep, on twitter and certain youtube channels where they claim he loses the ball too much and isnt that good a player.

They look at passing accuracy and lost possession stats and ignore the stats about creativity.

Just because he scored penalties, they use that to have a go at his performances.

For me, its a joke because if you watch the match, he may frustrate you but he is the only player who has the ability to play a pass that no one can even see.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bruno Fernandes raises the level of our team so much its incredible. Should've taken the penalty. He deserved a hat trick for his first half.

el3mel

Guy is just unreal, period.

Please stay fit for the entire season. I can't imagine us without him anymore. Without him we're completely fecked.

Insane combo of quality, creativity, leadership, intensity and work-rate.

By an absolute million miles our best and most important player.

Cantona regen.

Status
Not open for further replies.