Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
It's nothing to do with penetrative passing. He is loose and careless with his passing. Even when he is playing the safe passes, he doesn't do it anywhere near good enough.

Probably better for me to stop here before someone whips out the 'are you even a Man Utd fan' card.
You really should watch other teams as well. Your observations are incredibly narrow.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Im presuming English is your 2nd language after Portuguese? Your written English is of a very very high standard!!!
Yes it is! I learned English at a young age so I think it’s good enough. Especially with growing up watching the EPL and watching sky sports and other sports channels.

hungrywing

This isnt true. His average position is literally all over the pitch
https://breakingthelines.com/data-analysis/an-analytical-look-at-bruno-fernandes-in-possession/
Its the whole point of the double pivot in an attacking sense. He has the freedom to go drift anywhere and is the reason why he is so difficult to pick up.
Its not even that hard to spot. Its why his pass percentage is so low. He is constantly trying to play the through balls to the forward line from deep positions and is the attacking link from Fred and Scott to the attackers.
If he played as high as you think he would constantly be isolated since our other midfielders arent very good in the final third hence our performances pre Bruno. Our midfield would also constantly be overrun against the 3 man midfields that literally everyone plays these days.
Playing Bruno high up would be tactical suicide. Nobody plays with a 2 for good reason.
Haha. On that heat map, one of his hotspots is the penalty spot.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It's rare to have such a combination of shooting and passing, work rate and high stamina and the ability to tackle and work for the team too.

The guy really is the total package, so humble too. It's nice to see another Bruno thunderbolt added to his highlight reel, he had so many in Portugal I was starting to wonder whether the air pressure is different out there or something :P

He's constantly on the move and must be a pain in the ass to play against when he's in the mood.
The thing is that he isn't even the total package yet. We've only really just seen the benefits of making those runs into the box, which were an obvious gap in his game until now. If he can become a little more composed and concentrate on actually completing those simple passes he often flubs, then that would be another flaw addressed.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The thing is that he isn't even the total package yet. We've only really just seen the benefits of making those runs into the box, which were an obvious gap in his game until now. If he can become a little more composed and concentrate on actually completing those simple passes he often flubs, then that would be another flaw addressed.
Well yeah he has a few flaws which is mainly the giveaway passes but nobody is perfect, what he offers right now is pretty damn close.

Lots of people can do the simple stuff well but they don't have the output like he does and that's the difference.

Sylar

If we had 1 or 2 more like him, we would be challenging for all trophies.
Great leadership too.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So frustrating Old Trafford is empty, and so Bruno can't receive the appreciation and adulation every single match goer would give him and that he thoroughly deserves.

I can imagine the entire stadium chanting "Bruno, Bruno, Bruno" in the same way they used to scream "Keano Keano Keano".

AmanNits04

I don't care if he misplaces passes or is sloppy, if he plays like that, he could do whatever he want and he would still come up with goals and assist. Never have i loved a United Player more than him in the past 7-8 years!

Lewnited

Heartbeat of our team, the rate at which he creates chances, gets assists and scores goals is like nothing I've seen in a United shirt for a long time.
I know he currently has the number 18 and prefers the number 8, but I really want to see him with the 7 on his back!

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
If he keeps this up he could be in contention for the Ballon D'or.

A bit premature yes, but he has 9 goals and 5 assists in 13 games in all club competitions this season and he isn't even a striker. Not to mention we aren't exactly the best team going either and he is still putting up such insane numbers.

Been the best player in the PL from arriving to now.

Adam-Utd

If he keeps this up he could be in contention for the Ballon D'or.

A bit premature yes, but he has 9 goals and 5 assists in 13 games in all club competitions this season and he isn't even a striker. Not to mention we aren't exactly the best team going either and he is still putting up such insane numbers.

Been the best player in the PL from arriving to now.
Agreed, he's just a great player playing at a regularly consistent level which is something we haven't had for a long time.

Glad he's doing it in the CL now also - just need him to destroy a top quality team to get people's attention fully.

It won't be long until we start hearing "madrid switch their attention from Pogba to Bruno", I hope he tells them to get fecked.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
There was a period towards the end of last season and one or two games earlier this season where he was going overboard with giving away possession unnecessarily. I don't think his completion rate was much different statistically than it normally is, but it was the type of balls he was giving away. Normally it's him trying the difficult pass to create something which is always going to have a lower rate of success. That's fine and I don't think anybody (except maybe Mcking :lol: ) has any issues with that. But during that period last season he was losing possession by actual mistakes - consistently stuffing up easy passes or going for a difficult option when (even if it had worked) it wouldn't have had as good a result as just taking the easier option. I'm sure we'll see the occasional match like that but if he goes through a poor patch again I do hope he 'goes back to basics' until he gets his eye in again.

lex talionis

For me, although we rely on him, I don't think it's anywhere near as reliant as we were on Van Nistlerooy. There's a drop off when Bruno doesn't play but we have good players in his position also. If we can sign a couple more players like him we'll be very consistent.
We did rely heavily on Ruud, obviously for scoring, but he had a strong squad around him too. Keane and Scholes, for starters.

We’ve been saying this for years, but I completely agree we’re now just two more signings and we’ll be a consistent contender for major trophies.

But who?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Agreed, he's just a great player playing at a regularly consistent level which is something we haven't had for a long time.

Glad he's doing it in the CL now also - just need him to destroy a top quality team to get people's attention fully.

It won't be long until we start hearing "madrid switch their attention from Pogba to Bruno", I hope he tells them to get fecked.
Wouldn't be surprised if the Barcelona presidential candidates start promising to buy Bruno if the Barcelona members vote for them.

For me, Bruno is the best #10 in world football.

At the end of the day football is a results based game. You can't claim to be the best attacker in the world if there are dozens of other players who outscore and out assist you. Bruno's numbers are superior to any other attacking midfielder in the game. If people want to claim that those players are better than he is, what metrics are they using?

At the end of the day greatness in football is quantifiable: Three points for a win, one for a draw, zero for a loss. Whoever wins the most points is the best team. If you've got a guy scoring goals and/or making goals that stop you losing and keep you winning that is the most important thing in football.

Since Bruno joined United our win percentage has been transformed. Our loss percentage has been transformed. Its not coincidence either. His goal contribution stats are a vital part of why we are winning more and losing less (Bruno played half a season for United without ever losing a league game!)

His goal contribution stats have also been remarkably consistent. This return didn't start when he showed up at Carrington. He's just carried on what he was doing at Sporting. For Bruno its been a good three years since he was doing what he was doing. First they said it was only the Portuguese league. Then they said it was only the Europa League. Then they said it was only the nations league. Now he scores too many penalties, gives the ball away too much. Its crazy. His numbers are up there with anyone else in world football. A quick check at Whoscored or Squawka will show that.

For people to deny how good Bruno is, even as he continues to dominate, makes no sense to me.

Adam-Utd

Wouldn't be surprised if the Barcelona presidential candidates start promising to buy Bruno if the Barcelona members vote for them.

For me, Bruno is the best #10 in world football.

At the end of the day football is a results based game. You can't claim to be the best attacker in the world if there are dozens of other players who outscore and out assist you. Bruno's numbers are superior to any other attacking midfielder in the game. If people want to claim that those players are better than he is, what metrics are they using?

At the end of the day greatness in football is quantifiable: Three points for a win, one for a draw, zero for a loss. Whoever wins the most points is the best team. If you've got a guy scoring goals and/or making goals that stop you losing and keep you winning that is the most important thing in football.

Since Bruno joined United our win percentage has been transformed. Our loss percentage has been transformed. Its not coincidence either. His goal contribution stats are a vital part of why we are winning more and losing less (Bruno played half a season for United without ever losing a league game!)

His goal contribution stats have also been remarkably consistent. This return didn't start when he showed up at Carrington. He's just carried on what he was doing at Sporting. For Bruno its been a good three years since he was doing what he was doing. First they said it was only the Portuguese league. Then they said it was only the Europa League. Then they said it was only the nations league. Now he scores too many penalties, gives the ball away too much. Its crazy. His numbers are up there with anyone else in world football. A quick check at Whoscored or Squawka will show that.

For people to deny how good Bruno is, even as he continues to dominate, makes no sense to me.
Agreed 100%.

The beauty of him is that even if the goals and assists did dry up, his work rate and desire to win will always make him a player worth having.

He really is the modern day Bryan Robson it feels.

crossy1686

career ending
We did rely heavily on Ruud, obviously for scoring, but he had a strong squad around him too. Keane and Scholes, for starters.

We’ve been saying this for years, but I completely agree we’re now just two more signings and we’ll be a consistent contender for major trophies.

But who?
Personally, I think we're 3 signings away as long as the current first team players don't regress and the younger players continue to improve. Sancho, Haaland and a CB

JustinC00

Pogba fan by any chance? From looking at the very few people who have been having a pop at Bruno it seems to be mainly Pogba fan boys with very bruised egoes.
I think this may be it. Bruno is what Pogba was supposed to be for us and Pogba fanboys are mad.

littleman

Bruno is our talisman

Honestly, he’s done what we thought Pogba would do — come in and make a massive impact on the team’s performance consistently.

He should be made captain.

I also think Bruno can be better; it’s not just his forward passes that fail but deeper in midfield he can fail to provide good short passes as well. But it’s a small step up he can take, what’s important is he keeps trying and probing upfront

Tony247

I really think he will have Salah or DeBryne type impact for United and Premier League in general. He will also be a candidate for Balon D'or if United can win the PL in next 1-3 years.

PS: he 'sought' (past tense of seek) :)
To have that kind of impact united need to build a team around him, and fast. He is in his prime and have couple of years more.

Bruno is our talisman

Honestly, he’s done what we thought Pogba would do — come in and make a massive impact on the team’s performance consistently.

He should be made captain.

I also think Bruno can be better; it’s not just his forward passes that fail but deeper in midfield he can fail to provide good short passes as well. But it’s a small step up he can take, what’s important is he keeps trying and probing upfront
your best player doesn’t need to be captain. Maguire is captain, and that’s not changing any time soon in any case.

I agree he’s he’d the impact we hoped Pogba would do. Bruno didn’t come with a particularly big fanfare, and most people, myself included doubted he could carry on the numbers from Portugal.

Adam-Utd

There was a period towards the end of last season and one or two games earlier this season where he was going overboard with giving away possession unnecessarily. I don't think his completion rate was much different statistically than it normally is, but it was the type of balls he was giving away. Normally it's him trying the difficult pass to create something which is always going to have a lower rate of success. That's fine and I don't think anybody (except maybe Mcking :lol: ) has any issues with that. But during that period last season he was losing possession by actual mistakes - consistently stuffing up easy passes or going for a difficult option when (even if it had worked) it wouldn't have had as good a result as just taking the easier option. I'm sure we'll see the occasional match like that but if he goes through a poor patch again I do hope he 'goes back to basics' until he gets his eye in again.
I think we've established that was from extreme fatigue. He was overplayed so much and clearly was lacking concentration and even his high stamina was just not there, he was hardly running at all.

Luckily since the break we've seen his high form return - but we must make sure we don't burn him out like that again.

Meep

KING BRUNO!

Just wanted to say that. Single biggest reason I look forward to next game.

Strelok

I think we've established that was from extreme fatigue. He was overplayed so much and clearly was lacking concentration and even his high stamina was just not there, he was hardly running at all.

Luckily since the break we've seen his high form return - but we must make sure we don't burn him out like that again.
Agreed.

I still remember how tired he looked. He could barely run at all but Ole had to keep him until the games were safe. His mere presence scared the opponents from pushing their lines and attacking us too much.

lex talionis

Personally, I think we're 3 signings away as long as the current first team players don't regress and the younger players continue to improve. Sancho, Haaland and a CB
Apologies for going off the topic of this thread, but I’ll make it quick. It’s an either/or between Haaland and Sancho. Do one and I don’t think we need the other anyway. A pacy CB, sure, in the event Tuanzebe doesn’t develop.

Bruno does need more help around him. It would be a godsend if Pogba decides to show up for work. Add clinical finishing and we have a squad ready for the final piece, whether it’s Erling or Jadon.

El Zoido

What a player he is. As if people want to discredit him by saying it’s all penalties, yet watch us for 10 minutes of any game and you can see the effect he has on the entire team. I would fear for us if we ever had to go any period of time without him. The guys above saying he’s what we thought Pogba would be are absolutely spot on.

cyberman

That goal contribution stat for us is insane.
Halaand is a world class striker and his goal record is per 80 mins for Dortmund. Im not sure what his assist record is like but it cant be that many to bring that down.
The fact they are so close is mind boggling to me. Bruno is getting the plaudits but hes also underrated

Havak

Pokemon master
Was just looking at his Goals/Assists for us and it's apparently 21 Goals / 13 Assists in 35 Games. Near enough one in one, not to mention he's given at least a couple of penalties away

If he manages to keep a similar standard over a longer period of time, he could be our most productive player for a long, long time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Superb and long may it continue. Would love a couple against Southampton! :devil:

KW2006

Imagine if we could have Rooney and Park at their prime to play with this guy.

rotherham_red

Tbf, KDB has been poor this season. Is his normal pass accuracy the same or worse than Fernandes'? And TAA's stat is again very misleaing - I'm sure a good chunk of his 'loss' of possession is putting in crosses which is a tactic for him to do put in many of, and hence incomparable to CM/AM losing the ball. I don't see the issue here, Bruno is fantastic but he does give the ball away cheaply in a way other great creative/attacking midfield players don't - Ozil, Lampard, Silva, KDB, Messi (okay silly to add him here but anyhoo) etc
Check the date of the tweet. It was in 2018 - when KDB and City were at their absolute centurions era peak.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
A lot of fans get carried away, with waxing lyrical about players who play for their teams. But Bruno does deserve the plaudits.
I'd say that he is the best No.10 in football, right now.
And just imagine, he replaced Lingard and Pereira, both of whom were useless.

Bruno is basically what Pogba was supposed to be. Somebody who could turn a losing team into a winning one.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A lot of fans get carried away, with waxing lyrical about players who play for their teams. But Bruno does deserve the plaudits.
I'd say that he is the best No.10 in football, right now.
And just imagine, he replaced Lingard and Pereira, both of whom were useless.

Bruno is basically what Pogba was supposed to be. Somebody who could turn a losing team into a winning one.
Regarding the last paragraph, Bruno is what fans Pogba to be due to the fee but Pogba was never that kinda decisive player consistently. I remember cautioning caftards many time about that since his first season

Status
Not open for further replies.