Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
(Tbf, there was someone who posted their pass percentages and I think KDB's was higher, but that's quite possibly bolstered by City's playing style.)

I love his workrate. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some metric that would show that his workrate and help winning the ball back 'make up for' his 'wasteful' passes.

I'm not criticizing the 'he's been terrible' posts. Again, that's totally normal to feel that way and there's so many people on the caf that someone's going to feel that way about a player or two.

I meant to point out how almost ridiculously consistent his output is. Basically if he hasn't scored or assisted by the 75th minute, at least one of those things is likely coming.
He's unreal like that. So so productive

Mindhunter

He was very frustrating today. He was certainly in one of his moods today and at times felt like the team was Fernandez FC instead of MUFC. He took on obnoxious shots, failed to assist others in better positions than him, frequently misplaced passes, lacked movement (apart from the goal), and certainly didn't fulfill his defensive obligations at all that put a lot of pressure.

He is a top player and in the end redeemed himself with the goal but he should learn to be more of a team player. Being selfish is good at time else you won't score any goals in your career but his decision making on when to go for it and when to pass certainly has to improve.

Dr. StrangeHate

I think he is more important to us than Messi is for Barcelona, his contribution is just insane. Every time he gets the ball I expect something. The last time I felt this was about our player was probably RVP.

The United

He was very frustrating today. He was certainly in one of his moods today and at times felt like the team was Fernandez FC instead of MUFC. He took on obnoxious shots, failed to assist others in better positions than him, frequently misplaced passes, lacked movement (apart from the goal), and certainly didn't fulfill his defensive obligations at all that put a lot of pressure.

He is a top player and in the end redeemed himself with the goal but he should learn to be more of a team player. Being selfish is good at time else you won't score any goals in your career but his decision making on when to go for it and when to pass certainly has to improve.
If anything, he needed to be more selfish with his shooting. Our forwards couldn't score for a long time until this game.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Horrible performance but still contributed for 2 goals.

Unreal output.

IAmAWinner

I thought he was quite shocking, but still got 2 goal contributions. He is unreal.

Mindhunter

If anything, he needed to be more selfish with his shooting. Our forwards couldn't score for a long time until this game.
Disagree. He was completely wayward. I don't mind it when we are a goal ahead when he tried to take on a shot instead of feeding a player in a better position to convert the chance. Today was not that day, especially since we went 2-0 down. But he did get into the right position for the Cavani assist and buried it which I thing redeemed him of all charges.

It was a strange game. Their goalkeeper had an inspired performance and saved almost certain goals from Greenwood and Rashford but then ended up conceding 3 in the space of 40 minutes and ended up on the losing side.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In fairness I did think he was a bit rubbish in the first half but miles better in the second.

The United

Disagree. He was completely wayward. I don't mind it when we are a goal ahead when he tried to take on a shot instead of feeding a player in a better position to convert the chance. Today was not that day, especially since we went 2-0 down. But he did get into the right position for the Cavani assist and buried it which I thing redeemed him of all charges.

It was a strange game. Their goalkeeper had an inspired performance and saved almost certain goals from Greenwood and Rashford but then ended up conceding 3 in the space of 40 minutes and ended up on the losing side.
His shooting got us the first goal. The two strikers could not get it until that point.

Which proved my point of him needing to shoot more and he is accomplished goal scorer.

Dr. StrangeHate

I still think he needs to use the ball better as he had the lowest pass percentage of any outfield player with 60%.

More often than not he still gets a goal and assist.

Incredible productivity.
He takes risks, we need a player who does that.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Bruno is quality and i'm disappointed he missed that second chance. He could even have had a hat trick and yet he weren't great. But hes an effective player. The games can be intense and people know how dangerous he is but can't stop him. A great player can have a poor game but still get an assist or goal. We're lucky he wanted to play for the club.

Mindhunter

His shooting got us the first goal. The two strikers could not get it until that point.

Which proved my point of him needing to shoot more and he is accomplished goal scorer.
What you are saying doesn't make sense to me at least. He scored the goal because he was the best positioned player to convert the chance and Cavani had better decision making to actually pass it to him. There were several instances where we missed chances because of his sub-par decision making.

Cavani scored several goals in his career so by your logic he should have cut in and tried to score it himself.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not quite, 35 goal-involvements in 36 matches for the club according to Transfermarkt...so just a bit shy of the 1:1 ratio.
  • League: 25 in 23
  • Europa League: 4 in 5
  • Champions League: 4 in 4
  • FA Cup: 1 in 3
  • League Cup: 1 in 1
Link.
Fernandes is simply unreal.

The United

What you are saying doesn't make sense to me at least. He scored the goal because he was the best positioned player to convert the chance and Cavani had better decision making to actually pass it to him. There were several instances where we missed chances because of his sub-par decision making.

Cavani scored several goals in his career so by your logic he should have cut in and tried to score it himself.
I was not talking about Cavani. I was talking about other strikers. At times in previous games, Bruno tried to set them up too much even when he had a chance to shoot and strikers messed them up.

So, I would want him to shoot when he can. Bad decision making does not mean he is selfish. He needs to be more selfish when he gets a chance to shoot himself.

The_Midfielder

He was on the only one who cared i thought

VivaRonaldo85

His goal scoring and assist stats are mind blowing since his arrival. Doesn’t get gushing media praise strangely. He is integral to everything good that we do.

Poor overall game today but it doesn't matter. Another goal and an assist, and the opposition all over the shop trying to stop him.

Shimo

Feels churlish to criticize a player that is involved in one way or another in most of our goals but, goodness me, if he could at time just be a bit more selective with ball at times, he'd be even that much better. Right before the ball being headed out by Lindelof for the first corner, he played this silly ball trying to release Fred and gave the ball away. It's those moments I think which made us reluctant to get him the summer before - just those seemingly unnecessary give aways.

But, guess he wouldn't have some of his other magic moments if it wasn't for everything else he tried.

SER19

I feel like no matter how he plays now the post match will be 'not his best game' or 'poor today.'

I thought he was class today and really don't understand how this cliche has been allowed to take off so much. Obviously hes had poor games but it seems as if any misplaced pass is now enough for cliche activation.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I've just gotten used to it now and I dont know what else to stay.

I feel like I'm stunned to the point I dont feel anything anymore.

ForeverRed1

Love him and what he brings... BUT if he could be a little more simple at certain times with his passing he would be even better.

Makes things happen even if he is a tad wasteful at the best of times.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he keeps scoring and assisting at this rate I couldn’t care less if he gives it away with a few sloppy flicks and tricks here and there.

what a player he is, the first player we’ve had in a long time that is genuinely up there with the best.

Foxbatt

Agreed. Still remember that nasty challenge he had on Greenwood last season. Shite footballer who makes up for it by being a nasty cnut
We should play McTominay against Southampton every time we play them. That will give them a taste of their own medicine. We used to have players who can always give back even after Roy Keane left. We don't have them anymore apart from McTominay. We need some nasty players.

Andersons Dietician

Feels churlish to criticize a player that is involved in one way or another in most of our goals but, goodness me, if he could at time just be a bit more selective with ball at times, he'd be even that much better. Right before the ball being headed out by Lindelof for the first corner, he played this silly ball trying to release Fred and gave the ball away. It's those moments I think which made us reluctant to get him the summer before - just those seemingly unnecessary give aways.

But, guess he wouldn't have some of his other magic moments if it wasn't for everything else he tried.
I just came on to say something similar. It’s crazy that he is involved in so much of what is good about us but there are so many moments over the game where I find myself just shaking my head with how sloppy his passing can be or just something he has tried.

We had a good counter at what point and he tried to flick a ball in to Fred’s path. He was looking at Fred and could see he is no where near where he played the ball but he tried it anyway. Fred had to scramble to try and get at it and didn’t make it. Where if Bruno just put his foot on the ball or played it back to Fred instead of trying to flick it Fred is in a good position to play the ball out to the wing where I think it’s Rashford sprinting.

When you see the care DVB takes but still keeping progressive passing going just makes me wish Bruno would just do better. I think if he did his levels would go up massively.

Trying shots from throw ins and chips that were never on don’t help his case either.

Idxomer

60% pass completion would be unforgivable with any other player, but we know now he's very likely to pop up with a very vital contribution however bad he played in the game.

Castia

Absolutely world class

His goals/assists ratio is surely one of the best in the world, he’s almost pulling striker stats whilst playing in midfield (AM). We need 1-2 more top class players around him and he’d probably improve even further.

He gives the ball away but we know what we’re getting, he won’t play the safe ball he wants to create and will take the chance.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
To be fair his general play was really poor at times today but my god I didn't doubt him for a second when the chance fell to him.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Romeu is a dirty player. Constantly targets creative players and gets away with it. Poundshop Vinnie Jones. Keano would have left him in a heap.
Yeah somone mentioned he did this to Mason last time out. I'd forgotten but it seems to be in his locker. I wish we had someone to goon these guys the way they do to us but the manner of our win makes up for it, mostly.

Hackman2210

Soo good again - fearless never stops working he’s got limitless energy - tackling in the left back position at one point. We should give Pogba to Real Madrid to keep them away from Bruno. Love Fernandes as a player. At some points today we looked like a team again!

Status
Not open for further replies.