6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

binary bot
I feel like no matter how he plays now the post match will be 'not his best game' or 'poor today.'

I thought he was class today and really don't understand how this cliche has been allowed to take off so much. Obviously hes had poor games but it seems as if any misplaced pass is now enough for cliche activation.
Since Fergie left the idea of what makes a good player or performance has been distorted. The creativity seen in Bruno with the consistency level that is expected would put him at a Ronaldo/Messi level.

Mr PG

Crazy to think he can still score more and assist more if he plays with cavani. Normally he’s the one doing all the assists

Devil may care

Not his best all round game but the touch and finish for our first goal was top drawer and started the momentum for the comeback.

MattofManchester

There are some careless and lackadaisical passes that he really needs to cut out of his game. The ones that aren't due to trying too hard, but being too cute or too fancy.
Just seems like a pointless turnover of possession.

UncleBob

I feel like no matter how he plays now the post match will be 'not his best game' or 'poor today.'

I thought he was class today and really don't understand how this cliche has been allowed to take off so much. Obviously hes had poor games but it seems as if any misplaced pass is now enough for cliche activation.
When you have a 50% pass completion it's not really about "any misplaced pass is now enough"...My only issue with Fernandes is that he seemingly struggles to understand when he should go for the impossible and when it's important to calm things down. Like those daft backheel attempts when there's no issue whatsoever to use the inside of his boot and go for a regular pass where it's easier to get the right weight of the pass....or when he tries to chip the fecking goalkeeper from oblivion. It's not about limiting his creativity....

When he first arrived at the club, he had that cracking combination of scoring goals and also setting up teammates in goalscoring situations, now i feel that his overall play and ability to set up teammates has gone down several levels..

The United

When you have a 50% pass completion it's not really about "any misplaced pass is now enough"...My only issue with Fernandes is that he seemingly struggles to understand when he should go for the impossible and when it's important to calm things down. Like those daft backheel attempts when there's no issue whatsoever to use the inside of his boot and go for a regular pass where it's easier to get the right weight of the pass....or when he tries to chip the fecking goalkeeper from oblivion. It's not about limiting his creativity....

When he first arrived at the club, he had that cracking combination of scoring goals and also setting up teammates in goalscoring situations, now i feel that his overall play and ability to set up teammates has gone down several levels..
Uh, more like his forwards couldn't score chances after chances that he created.

Irwin99

He's absolutely integral to United with his goals and assists but I still don't think he's playing nearly as well as he did when he dragged us to third last season. That's a pretty good sign that a player can get ten goals and four assists when playing at less than his best form. It's an almost Cantona-like knack of just providing the magic even if he's below 100%.

the_answer

In an ideal world and an ideal set up this is how he should play, patiently with 90% passing rate but also with the killer instinct to assist every game.
But in the real world and in our current setup we cant have both, he's an artist and it would be detrimental to force him to play safe. We have to set up the system in a way that he can be the risk taker to bring out the best of him.
What some posters are asking for is a combination of xavi and lampard, that's simply never gonna happen.

He is literally setting up 90% of all chances of united. everything moves through him.
Anything we create he is involved with:
Even the third goal by cavani it's his quick pass to rashford at the free kick to create the situation (I dont think matic would have the vision to play that pass).
Btw I watched the first goal again... it's a pure strikers goal. It's a goal Lewandowski, Icardi or Aguero pull off. He is doing the job description of a pure striker and a number 10. Its unbelievable.

The time where he passed to rashford who should have shot instead of passed to an offside fred (genius pass).
Pass for Greenwood in the beginning when Greenwood barely missed.
The chance for tap in after greenwood shot straight at the goalie. (Bruno reacted correctly and did everything right)

So he had 1 goal, 1 assist, 1 hocke assist.
2 more possible assists and 1 more possible goal....

I'm sorry but criticizing this guy for his passing is like criticizing messi for lack of headers or Lewandowski for not dribbling past opponents.
The day bruno gets injured we will perform like a mid table team.

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
When you can produce these numbers - who cares if he misplaces a few balls each game :)

Wolves 0-0 (nothing)
Chelsea 2-0 (1 assist)
Watford 3-0 (1 goal 2 assists)
Everton 1-1 (1 goal)
City 2-0 (1 assist)
Spurs 1-1 (1 goal)
Sheffield U 3-0 (nothing )
Brighton 3-0 (2 goals)
Bournemouth 5-2 (1 goal 2 assists)
Villa 3-0 (1 goal 1 assist)
Southampton 2-2 (1 assist)
Palace 2-0 (1 assist)
West Ham 1-1 (nothing)
Leicester 2-0 (1 goal)
Palace 1-3 (nothing)
Brighton 3-2 (1 goal 1 assist)
Spurs 1-6 (1 goal)
Newcastle 4-1 (1 goal 1 assist)
Chelsea 0-0
Arsenal 0-1
Everton 3-1 (2 goals 1 assist)
WBA 1-0 (1 goal)
Southampton 3-2 (1 goal 1 assist)

16 goals and 12 assists in 23 matches in the league

joso157

If you don't absolutely love this man I'm not sure you understand United. A pure warrior. Endlessly productive even on days when he doesn't play well. Was class today. Some of his passes are just brilliant. A machine and the heart and soul of United in 2020. Ferguson would have absolutely loved him
Finally found a post I completely agree with!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

It is very reminiscent of the Giggs criticism if you think about it. Silly flicks and overly ambitious passing, not knowing when to slow things down, poor judgment, those criticisms stayed with him throughout his career. It's just how people see the game.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Bruno is a specimen. His ears has this crazy agility that makes him able to do all kinds of crazy moves. That's why he does the celebration covering his ears after he glides through the air on penalties, with no resistance from time, space and the ethereal realms well on his side. He.. Is.. God.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don’t really care how many balls he loss, as he is by far our most productive players.

Brightonian

There are some careless and lackadaisical passes that he really needs to cut out of his game. The ones that aren't due to trying too hard, but being too cute or too fancy.
This is true. His low pass completion is not a problem when it's about attempting lots of low-percentage high-reward key passes. But today there were also lots of lazy flicks and back heels that wouldn't have really got us anywhere even if they had come off. Not a bad game from him, per se, but this was a bad feature of it.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We should play McTominay against Southampton every time we play them. That will give them a taste of their own medicine. We used to have players who can always give back even after Roy Keane left. We don't have them anymore apart from McTominay. We need some nasty players.
We should unleash Rojo on them.

They seemed really dirty for the first 30-40 minutes in this match, constantly just that little bit late and little bit harder than it needed to be. Don't blame them too much since they were allowed to, but I did find myself wishing somebody would give it back to them.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Played at 80%, yet still produced moments of brilliance. A perfect reflection of our game - poor in first half, fantastic in the second.

He had strong competition, but I awarded him with the worst miss of the week award (Rashford coming second).

Another angle - I think he didn't believe keeper can get hold on that (amazing save to be honest) but still, should've done better.

Congrats Bruno!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Amazingly wasteful and productive player all in one package, likeable for the media too so doesn’t getting critiqued. He’s extremely unique.

Lam

World class player and more importantly world class mentality. He still delivered a 7/10 performance despite having a bad day by his own standards.

hope other players pick up this mentality.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When you can produce these numbers - who cares if he misplaces a few balls each game :)

Wolves 0-0 (nothing)
Chelsea 2-0 (1 assist)
Everton 1-1 (1 goal)
City 2-0 (1 assist)
Spurs 1-1 (1 goal)
Brighton 3-0 (2 goals)
Palace 2-0 (1 assist)
West Ham 1-1 (nothing)
Leicester 2-0 (1 goal)
Palace 1-3 (nothing)
Spurs 1-6 (1 goal)
Chelsea 0-0
Arsenal 0-1
WBA 1-0 (1 goal)

He’s never gone more than 2 games in a row without scoring or assisting. That’s fecking mental.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Wolves 0-0 (nothing)
Chelsea 2-0 (1 assist)
Everton 1-1 (1 goal)
City 2-0 (1 assist)
Spurs 1-1 (1 goal)
Brighton 3-0 (2 goals)
Palace 2-0 (1 assist)
West Ham 1-1 (nothing)
Leicester 2-0 (1 goal)
Palace 1-3 (nothing)
Spurs 1-6 (1 goal)
Chelsea 0-0
Arsenal 0-1
WBA 1-0 (1 goal)

But he just scores penalties doesn't he?

The return on investment with this chap is astonishing. He is my new man-crush!

Champagne Football

He'll be in line for a very hefty pay rise soon. He must be scratching his head as to how De Gea earns 4 times what he earns and how Pogba earns 3 times what he earns.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
He'll be in line for a very hefty pay rise soon. He must be scratching his head as to how De Gea earns 4 times what he earns and how Pogba earns 3 times what he earns.
Absolutely. I've said this in another thread. I wouldn't usually be one for increasing contract terms frequently, a contract is a contract, but this guy has absolutely shown he is worth it.

saivet

It's an area of his game he can improve on. Sure he attempts high risk passes but he can also be quite sloppy playing simple passes. His productivity means we accept it, but he can certainly improve and he'll be an even better player for it.

A-man

Feels churlish to criticize a player that is involved in one way or another in most of our goals but, goodness me, if he could at time just be a bit more selective with ball at times, he'd be even that much better. Right before the ball being headed out by Lindelof for the first corner, he played this silly ball trying to release Fred and gave the ball away. It's those moments I think which made us reluctant to get him the summer before - just those seemingly unnecessary give aways.

But, guess he wouldn't have some of his other magic moments if it wasn't for everything else he tried.
He certainly mixes genius match winning actions with poor actions that cost us. Just before he signed for United, I was working in Portugal with a long time season ticket holder for Sporting. He said "don't expect a guy who can play possession with 90% passing accuracy. This guy wants to make an assist with every pass he makes."
I think that is what makes him great, but also his weakness. He is super creative and has the skills to match it, but not so tactical and selective, and doesn't play the simple pass. As example, with 1 minute left and we lead 2-3, why try a very difficult shot?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Bruno is a specimen. His ears has this crazy agility that makes him able to do all kinds of crazy moves. That's why he does the celebration covering his ears after he glides through the air on penalties, with no resistance from time, space and the ethereal realms well on his side. He.. Is.. God.
Yes, they're similar to spoilers on cars. I don't know how they do it but spoilers make cars fly.

Gandalf

Didn't get a penalty yesterday, sell him!

Seriously though, as awesome as he already has been, it is clear that he is on the same wavelength as DVDB and Cavani and that makes the next few months really exciting.

romufc

I pity the fans who buy into the stat padler agenda because they really are missing out enjoying this guy play.

1. Stat padler is scoring 3rd/4th goal, he gets us equalisers, winners, settlers.

2. How many times have we seen players play well with 0 output ? Manutd is a club where players are allowed to express themselves and take risks, which is why we have had players like Cantona, Ronaldo, Rooney all succeed at this club.

SuperiorXI

I pity the fans who buy into the stat padler agenda because they really are missing out enjoying this guy play.

1. Stat padler is scoring 3rd/4th goal, he gets us equalisers, winners, settlers.

2. How many times have we seen players play well with 0 output ? Manutd is a club where players are allowed to express themselves and take risks, which is why we have had players like Cantona, Ronaldo, Rooney all succeed at this club.
Mate the completed passes stat is nonsense... Bruno's game is all about risk equals reward - and it very often does with him!

Status
Not open for further replies.