6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

U99ted

Obviously a younger Zlatan never played for United.

He was instrumental in Utd winning 2 of the 3 trophies since SAF, and was easily on course for a 30+ goal season before he was injured .....not too shabby considering his age
Corrected, as one cannot just forget Lingardinho's greatest moment, which was before Zlatan arrived.

Chief123

Will be in World XI next year.

I also expect Portugal to put up a real fight in Euros, I think they could win it.
Yeah I fancy them to do well. It’s been a long time since Portugal have had so much talent at one time and around the right age too.

The Goat
Bruno Fernandes
Jaio Felix
Bernardo Silva
Renato Sanches

Himannv

I think he's been a bit tired in the last few games and needs a longer rest. It's telling that he still racks up goals and assists despite not being at his best though. Clearly he's that creative spark that links up the midfield and the attack.

thepolice123

The original discussion was based on the year we had RVP and won the title. That same year suarez was ridiculously good for Liverpool with like 43 goals and assists in 44 games. I agree Falcao was phenomenal especially for a year, but doing what Suarez did in the premier league is much better than doing it in the Spanish league for me.

anyway each to their own.
This was this original point:

RVP. For two years (one at Arsenal. And one at United), he was the best striker in the world (if you exclude Messi and Ronaldo). But doesn’t make your point less valid.
This was your reply:

Although I loved RVP, I would have to say Aguero and Suarez were possibly the best striker(s) in the world at that time.
Falcao was the highest rated pure striker in 2012 Ballon d’Or rankings and 3rd in 2013, this peak coincided with RVP’s final season at Arsenal and debut season with us. He was more consistent than them and had better performances in the big stages. You might have a case with Suarez being better but you haven’t really made any strong points to support your opinion. As for Aguero, not really. Good first season with City in 11/12 but sub-par in 12/13.

Mr Smith

His signing is similar to Eric for Fergie, minus the titles (so far and I blame that on some individuals making mistakes)

He's got a chance to be POTY if he carries on
I would say he is the frontrunner, though Son and Salah are both definitely in the mix.

Idxomer

He had 2 goals and an assist in the last game and I didn't feel that was anything special coming from him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So, what player in the world currently has more G/A per 90 minutes played (min cutoff of minutes played please)? Surely a shout for Ballon D'or soon?
Balon Dor is a CL (and WC) trophy so he has a long way to go. I don't he's at that level anyway.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Honestly if the season ended now Son would win player of the year.
Honestly no he wouldn't

I'm not sure based on this season alone Son's even the best player at Spurs let alone the entire league

It's quite obvious that it's between De Bruyne and Bruno for the best player in the league. Attackers need 40 goal seasons like Salah did a few years ago before they should be considered, after all scoring goals is what they're paid to do

El Jefe

Honestly no he wouldn't

I'm not sure based on this season alone Son's even the best player at Spurs let alone the entire league

It's quite obvious that it's between De Bruyne and Bruno for the best player in the league. Attackers need 40 goal seasons like Salah did a few years ago before they should be considered, after all scoring goals is what they're paid to do
I'm not sure you can say Bruno is better that Kane, Mane and Salah yet. If anything you can argue they're all about a similar level but the slight edge goes to the others as they've at least done it in the CL.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
slightly under par today in general and even sloppy at times. But no lack of effort and we needed him to get over the line.

Am assuming Ole and the fitness coaches know what they are doing as he is playing a lot of minutes. Hope that doesn't come back to bite us over the xmas/NewYear period.

Andersons Dietician

I always find it weird in every game the commentators inevitably at some point say something like, “ sloppy pass from Bruno, so unlike him.” The fact they say this like every game you would think they’d put 2 and 2 together.

They mentioned it twice in this game alone.

Had one stunning pass out to the right wing in the second half that dissected two Everton players.

there were a few simple things he didn’t get right today, esp the pass to Cavani in the first time.

but good news, we won without him imposing himself on the game. He can’t be brilliant in every match.

edit. Also forgot he hit the bar/post near the end!

arthurka

He looked so pissed when we scored the second. Like his attitude, properly pissed off missing that shot.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I haven’t enjoyed watching someone play so much in ages. In fact, he’s a great example of the phrase ‘a joy to watch’

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I always find it weird in every game the commentators inevitably at some point say something like, “ sloppy pass from Bruno, so unlike him.” The fact they say this like every game you would think they’d put 2 and 2 together.

They mentioned it twice in this game alone.
I said the same in the match thread. It could be the 10th sloppy pass he's gave in that actual game and they'll say it was most unlike him

lex talionis

All-world XI for me. You could say he had an off day, but it was a league cup match v Everton. Save the vintage performance for Leicester.

marktan

He's going to be absolutely knackered by the time the league cup semi final comes around. 5 games in about 15 days with no rest

Mr Smith

He's going to be absolutely knackered by the time the league cup semi final comes around. 5 games in about 15 days with no rest
I'm worried about this. We need to find an opportunity to rest him or he's going to burn out. Do we think there's any possibility of at least not starting him for one of the three league games against Leicester, Wolves, or Villa?

Web of Bissaka

Clear signs of fatigue.
Still okay, but too many misplaced passes and losing possession compare to the good stuffs.
Man, we're over relying on him. I know we had to, but it's best if he start on the bench in this cup game, and sub in 2nd half if we need him.

RRCE

I love how excited he was after Cavani’s goal...jumping into his teammates and pumping a fist. He’s a winner. He’s got passion and drive. He’s undeniably a leader on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.