6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

At fault for both goals but absolute nerves of steal for that penalty. I'm not too worried about him being defensively poor as its not the reason he's in the team.

Our second goal conceded was definitely about him being absolutely knackered too. He saw the defender, moved back to cover him but had nothing left in the tank to track the run.

Despite being fecked he tucked the pen away brilliantly

sillwuka

I've never felt so confident with someone taking pens, he will miss one eventually but I'll take that.

You can tell he thrives off the pressure and the longer he has to wait to take the pen the more confident I am

Mercurial

Class player! The more players with this mentality we add the more we will win. We have other flaws suitable for nit-picking ahead of Bruno IMHO.

AgentP

Two games running I’ve seen him run past Pogba to help out our defence and retrieve the ball after Pogba lost it in the first place.

There might be days when he is not performing at a top level but when it comes to effort and determination, no one in our team can beat him. Extraordinary player!

Alemar

Anyway, he now has 1G+2A in 3 games, and it was less than 180 minutes game time for him in total. Very solid output

POF

This cannot be stressed enough. He's a real fighter and gives everything he's got for the club. You have to appreciate that
His workrate is fantastic. Time after time he will press his opponent, put him under pressure and force a mishit or misplaced pass to that player's teammate.

He then turns around and sees Martial, Rashford, Greenwood or Pogba ambling around 20 yards from the player giving them plenty of time to take multiple touches to get it under control.

It must be infuriating for him. With current fitness levels, United clearly struggle to consistently press the opposition but they need to get smarter about doing it spontaneously as a team when the opportunity presents itself.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
With all the hate he's getting because he didn't keep the same level of the first 10 games, you'd think he's not playing so well. Without him in the team, we would be in very big trouble. Everything good goes through Bruno.

Gonçalo Motta

Must be nice to complain about a player that although wasn't having one of his best matches, still was involved in all 3 goals of a 3-2 win and imo was the main reason why we won at all.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mentally, he’s an absolute demon. Nerves of steel, plays his heart out every game. Think he might just be a rung below the elite level, though. There’s a little bit too much untidiness to his game.

Still, the guy is an innate numbers freak. He has 13 goals and 10 assists in 25 matches since he’s been here. You can’t really teach that sort of stuff.

A-man

Must be nice to complain about a player that although wasn't having one of his best matches, still was involved in all 3 goals of a 3-2 win and imo was the main reason why we won at all.
He was involved in all five goals, actually.

tjb

Honestly believe people are trying so hard to find faults with him to make Pogba look better. Post lockdown, his creativity was one of the reasons we played so well. Because the rest of the team stepped up and he didn't have to be our sole creative hub, people took that as him dropping in form. He has been consistent since he came here, even in yesterdays game, he created 2 chances outside of the goals.

Mr PG

With all the hate he's getting because he didn't keep the same level of the first 10 games, you'd think he's not playing so well. Without him in the team, we would be in very big trouble. Everything good goes through Bruno.
1 freekick semi-assist for 1st the goal
several perfect balls to Matial feet (which he lost)
-unbelievable assist for Rashford's goal
Great Corner for Maguire (earned penalty)
Scores pressure Penalty in 99th min

And some here are still moaning. Yes he does give away balls (who doesn't) and it comes from fatigue. He would get even better if he learned to save energy for his forward game.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He is so important and has that X Factor to still make things happen on a bad day. His mentality is top notch.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Nerveless for the pen. I don’t like the midfield at all though.

Strelok

If a match he doesn't score or assist, fans would be disappointed. That alone speaks volumes about him I think.

Skeezix

I love this Man!!!

World class at his best and a match winner at his worst.

sugar_kane

So glad we've got this guy.

"Fernandes covered 12 KM of the Amex turf against Brighton, more than any other player in either of the two teams. Like most of the Manchester United players, he is also behind the curve in terms of fitness but that has not deterred him from working his socks off when not on the ball. "

https://www.kyrosports.com/brighton-2-3-manchester-united-3-taling-points/
Doesn't surprise me at all, somehow even if he loses the ball in the opposition half he also seems to be our furthest man back in the defence when trying to win it back.

Red Royal

Doesn't surprise me at all, somehow even if he loses the ball in the opposition half he also seems to be our furthest man back in the defence when trying to win it back.
Just hope we don't burn him out by Xmas by using him for every minute. Hopefully VDB has already showed he could step in occasionally and Fred/McT could release Pogba to play more forward... it's going to be a difficult season fitness wise.

CiroDiMarzio

Anyone complaining about Fernandes needs to give their head a serious rattle. Bizarre stuff, even by the rock bottom standards of internet football fandom.

Craig Ward

I find it bizarre he is being so widely critiqued by some "fans"

Yes, he was positionally at fault for Brightons 2nd goal. But guess what, he's our attacking midfielder.The fact he's in defence working back trying to help his team says it all. He done more defensive work than both Matic and Pogba, and also has the burden of being our creative spark from Midfield as well.

He's learning the hard way here - Pogba is a luxury we cannot afford. Pogba just drifts through games and doesnt work hard enough at all. Bruno is the polar opposite - elite mentality and superb workrate. He grafts back and really wants to win.

I feel for him somewhat as his output in goals and assists is phenomenal, yet we could be seeing more of him on the ball further up the pitch if his two midfield pairing behind him put in as much effort as him. Matic does his best, but his legs have gone. Pogba has no excuse.

Bruno is by far our best player and we need to help him, not over rely and burden him. He will burn out if we rely on him too much

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just hope we don't burn him out by Xmas by using him for every minute. Hopefully VDB has already showed he could step in occasionally and Fred/McT could release Pogba to play more forward... it's going to be a difficult season fitness wise.
I think this is why buying Donny was important. Clearly Pereira/Lingard in that role didn't work so having a proper 10 back up was needed.

We can afford to rest Fernandes in the cup games now, even if he's on the bench for a quick cameo like against Luton to keep him tuned up. The last thing we need is to burn him out like what happened at the end of last season.

The good news is he seems to have fully regained his stamina and running power, just needs to tidy up his possession a little bit and he's in top form once again.

dev1l

Anyone complaining about Fernandes needs to give their head a serious rattle. Bizarre stuff, even by the rock bottom standards of internet football fandom.
Ignore them mate. Most probably they have issues at home

A-man

Bruno has been our best player since he arrived, and MotM in at least half of his appearances. Without him there is zero creativity. I still think it should be possible to criticise him and there is still room for improvement.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Can he play on the right wing?

Thinking about using him as a wide playmaker (Greenwood as an impact sub) with VdB as CAM with a Pogba, Matic/Fred double pivot.

Man Utd vs Tottenham

The definition of a luxuary player. Missing to many easy passes. Scoring penalties is clouding peoples judgement. We would do better with a hard working midfield rather than him and Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.