Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFC NimbleThumb

MNF Analysis - being compared to Cantona

That PPG is remarkable. An absolute star!

On a side note, Paul Ince’s pronunciation of “audacious” got me a little turned on. . .

Nice to see positive pieces on our players, I’m scared of a false dawn but people are starting to pay attention & that’s telling.

el3mel

Ok that was a shocker. Didn't play a single good ball in the final 3rd. Terrible shooting as well.

Lewnited

Awful. Needs to calm the feck down in these games and get the basics right.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He doesn't need a rest but he needs to try to stop attempting to do it all alone when we're down.

acnumber9

He was horrible. He’s as productive as De Bruyne but he’s not as dependable when it comes to keeping the ball.

lost7

Look, we should all keep in mind that one bad performance after carrying us all season is acceptable, even from the best players. Let's give him a rest in the Watford game and hopefully he'll be back in form for Burnley

RUCK4444

Needs a rest, was forcing it in the first half and missing chances that he would normally make with ease.

No need to jump on his back though! He’s a major factor in why we are where we are in the league.

tomaldinho1

Should have been rested, wasn't. I don't want to see him anywhere near the team at Watford.

binary bot
Great to see the hunger and desire he has but at some point its counterproductive. He was running about like it was a 20minute match at the beginning. And then spent the following hour just hitting long hopefully Hollywood passes. Honestly think he ran himself tired

Womp

idiot
Badly needs a rest. Guy plays every minute of every game for us and presses all game. Just a shame we can't rest up due to our reliance on him. We have no offence at all ,at times without him.

edcunited1878

One of his worst performances today unfortunately. Very careless with the ball and not sharp enough to impact the game in the attacking 3rd. Hopefully he gets a full rest against Watford and gets to focus on Burnley and then Liverpool

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
That was his stevie me moment tonight. Shooting in ridiculous positions when there were better options

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That's the worse I've seen him play for us. That chance he had at the end of the 1st half to play Rashford....that could've been the difference.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Have to debunk the myth that that was his one bad performance of the season. But yeah that was terrible again.

Yagami

Good post resistant
When he plays a more simpler game, not only do I think he plays better in general, but him playing said way influences our teams play in general positively, too. I just wish he had that D.Silva, Ozil, etc mindset of knowing when to keep the ball/play simple and when to try the killer balls and tricks.

If he plays Rashford in I reckon we we go 1-0 up at the end of the first half, but oh well.

Ludens the Red

Deffo his worse game for us. Even his pressing in the first half was really silly and pointless. I don’t think he’s looked tired in previous games as has been the go to claim but tonight he definitely did and I’d imagine it was because of all the energy wasted doing his solo press.

united for life

Ok that was a shocker. Didn't play a single good ball in the final 3rd. Terrible shooting as well.
at least he was shooting. A bad game especially by his standards. Very sloppy passing, but he was the only player looking forward and not side ways. He needs some rest for sure

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He's often played like this to be honest constantly giving the ball away. It's just we were up against a very good side tonight, his effort in the first half probably goes in top corner on another day, we win 1-0 and we're all praising his output again.

DickDastardly

Tries too hard. And pushes it too hard. Bullies it. Someone should slap him and tell him to keep it cool.

We lose possesion too fast. It's not a problem when you play someone who gives it back, but City don't cease possesion, and then we lose focus, and.....well, we all saw what happens.

KD6-3.7

Have to debunk the myth that that was his one bad performance of the season. But yeah that was terrible again.
That’s why just using stats to judge a player isn’t a fair way to judge a player. I love Bruno but I wonder how many of those ‘assists’ are defence splitting passes?

Bruno’s passing has been getting worst and worst lately, but he does often score that crucial goal for us, his influence in big games seems to be getting smaller.

Dearg hÉireann

He's got a great will to win and He's been on the money for the best part of a year with goals and assists but I see a very common theme every time I watch him play, constantly giving the ball away and taking shots from ridiculous positions. I'm sure people disagree but if any player played as many loose passes as Fernandes does every game then they'd be vilified.
I hear people saying he's a great player but my eyes don't lie, he's a good player no doubt but so loose in possession that he'll never be great. He plays off the cuff a bit like cantona but every semi final now he's been pure shite.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
Doesn’t really feature in big games, does he?
Bruno Fernandes is a team player. His best performances are tied to good performances by the team mates. He's no Ronaldo or Messi, to solve things by himself (although sometimes he pulls off a rabbit from his hat). Agains't bigger teams, the team is dominated/controlled, so he just can't perform as well. And us being defensively frail, just undermines the attacking process too.

The Man City player who has the ball, always has at least 3 more team mates positioning well to receive the ball. Each Man City player looks dangerous and knows what to do with the ball and they all move with coordination and not dwelling too much with the ball. When it's Man Utd with the ball, you can see how sometimes they just feel lost about what to do with it, having to pass to the sides and back. I bet Bruno's performance, if he was on Man City's team, would be much better. And De Bruyne would struggle in Bruno's shoes...

I don't think Bruno lacks any stamina or that he needs rest. He just has to manage better his efforts. He tries to defend, to press the adversaries, to help the team mates everywhere in the field... If he just sprinted to press the oposition player with the ball, it''s natural if someone passes him the ball 10 seconds later, he won't be ready/able to sprint with the same intensity again. Probably will try a through ball instead of running with it a little bit further so that he won't have only one or two marked attacking options to pass to.

Anyway, if we depend on one guy to make things happen, we will always struggle agains't good teams.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
That’s why just using stats to judge a player isn’t a fair way to judge a player. I love Bruno but I wonder how many of those ‘assists’ are defence splitting passes?

Bruno’s passing has been getting worst and worst lately, but he does often score that crucial goal for us, his influence in big games seems to be getting smaller.
A lot have been a square pass to a player that happened to score. I’d imagine the XG on his assists is much lower than his assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.