6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

C'est Moi Cantona

No questioning his playing ability. Probably the best AM in the prem I would say. If he could stop is wingeing and moaning he'd be even better! Get the feeling he can be a pain in the arse in the dressing room. Could be wrong!
To be fair him getting himself angry, but then making looking a bit petty at times is probably what gives him the edge, alot of players are just too placid nowadays, and personally I like this side to Bruno, this behaviour tends to wind opposition fans up nicely aswell.

simplyared

Honestly, who gives a feck if he is? Roy Keane gives the impression that he's a pain in the arse to those around him every second of his life. He's still arguably the best captain we've ever had, in one of the most successful teams there's ever been.

I wish more of our players moaned like Bruno, most of them come across as too passive and soft to me.
No you're wrong there mate. He was a leader in the dressing room. Listen to what Beckham, Neville bros, Scholes, Giggs etc say about him. Best captain they've ever had! Bruno is more a moaner. Keano didn't go down rolling in agony like Bruno does either. Wouldn't think Keane was looked upon as a pain in the arse by most of his teammates. We seem to have different opinions on what "pain in the arse" really means.

Last edited:
Terrible post that if shown to Becks would probably have him launching the phone at the wall.

Assists are massive in football and the ones who supply the most are often the most valuable players in the game.
doubt it pal?

we can all use our eyes to see how good a player is. Assists weren’t massive until about a decade ago. How on earth did we cope on not knowing who was last to touch the ball before a goal was scored?

Just because you disagree, doesn’t mean it’s terrible. It probably just shows our age difference.

I don’t need a spreadsheet to see how good a player is.

Crimson King

No you're wrong there mate. He was a leader in the dressing room. Listen to what Beckham, Neville bros, Scholes, Giggs etc say about him. Best captain they've ever had! Bruno is more a moaner. Keano didn't go down rolling in agony like Bruno does either. Wouldn't think Keane was looked upon as a pain in the arse by most of his teammates. We seem to have different opinions on what "pain in the arse" really means.
Keane was constantly haranguing his teammates, demanding the best of them on the pitch and even in training. It's what made him a great leader, and although they all no doubt respected him I wouldn't be surprised if it annoyed them as well.

It might not be in entirely the same vein, but from what I've seen of Bruno he's a winner who tries to give his all and expects his teammates to do the same. It's something we've sorely lacked, and it's no wonder our overall performances have improved since he joined.

Exaggerating pain is just part of the modern game unfortunately, especially in Italy Portugal where he played before. He doesn't even do it that much compared to a lot of players, especially as he does find himself targeted for physicality now, so you're just buying into the shit opposition fans have started to talk to try and discredit his ability as a player.

And, honestly, why would that annoy his teammates? As many have already said it's what gives him an edge, and we need that now more than ever.

simplyared

Keane was constantly haranguing his teammates, demanding the best of them on the pitch and even in training. It's what made him a great leader, and although they all no doubt respected him I wouldn't be surprised if it annoyed them as well.

It might not be in entirely the same vein, but from what I've seen of Bruno he's a winner who tries to give his all and expects his teammates to do the same. It's something we've sorely lacked, and it's no wonder our overall performances have improved since he joined.

Exaggerating pain is just part of the modern game unfortunately, especially in Italy Portugal where he played before. He doesn't even do it that much compared to a lot of players, especially as he does find himself targeted for physicality now, so you're just buying into the shit opposition fans have started to talk to try and discredit his ability as a player.

And, honestly, why would that annoy his teammates? As many have already said it's what gives him an edge, and we need that now more than ever.
Roy Keane encouraged players around him and yes he good give them bollockings as well and maybe there were some who thought he was a pain in the arse. He was at the club for 12 yrs. It was over that period of time he built the respect that made him into the leader he was. When you reach that status you get away with being a pain in the arse. Bruno as good as he is, has only been with us for a year. No doubting the positive impact he's had on the team since he came. Speaks for itself! He's a gifted footballer who can do that little extra, no doubting that. He does also overreact to some of the tackles he gets, as many other players do in todays game. He interacts with the referee very often expressing his disapproval and he is also seen showing his disapproval to his teammates on a number of occasions. Couldn't help notice in a recent game when Martial had been subbed onto the field. Bruno pulls him asside and starts briefing him. Problem was Martial didn't seem to be engaging in it. The message didn't seem to be coming accross if you know what I mean. Obviously I can't say that would be representative of the other players, but from what I've seen as of yet there is nothing that would make me single him out as becoming a leader.

Last edited:

Anustart89

And made the semi finals in every cup competition we've appeared in. Not bad.
You could just as easily say "failed to reach a single final despite being in the best team points-wise since joining". If you're going to seriously make that point, that is.

Shimo

You could just as easily say "failed to reach a single final despite being in the best team points-wise since joining". If you're going to seriously make that point, that is.
Not sure what your motive is to denigrate the impact he has had on the growth of the team. Europa we should have made, stupid defending and our strikers couldn't finish quality chances in a game we dominated. FA cup again stupid defending, stupid keeping and denied stonewall penalty at 0-0. Yes, for the the Carabao cup this year was abysmal. He's had a huge impact though in getting the team that was really struggling last year to be able to grow in confidence both in cups and the league.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It shows depth and overall quality of the team that he has raised since joining. The best sides regularly make the latter stages of all cups. Doesnt mean they win them, but they'll make the quarter and semi finals at a minimum. We've continued doing that. Yeah, we've fallen at the last hurdle a few times but you keep making it that far and eventually you'll break through.

Anustart89

Not sure what your motive is to denigrate the impact he has had on the growth of the team. Europa we should have made, stupid defending and our strikers couldn't finish quality chances in a game we dominated. FA cup again stupid defending, stupid keeping and denied stonewall penalty at 0-0. Yes, for the the Carabao cup this year was abysmal. He's had a huge impact though in getting the team that was really struggling last year to be able to grow in confidence both in cups and the league.
There’s no motive other than pointing out that the argument “he’s reached the semi final every time” can be swung the other way.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
There’s no motive other than pointing out that the argument “he’s reached the semi final every time” can be swung the other way.
Not really? What would you prefer? “They were knocked out of every cup in the 4th round”.

I know it’s not the same as winning, but it shows that this team is winning plenty of matches, and getting closer to winning a cup.

united for life

Another player of the month award. First ever player to win 4 in a calendar year. Well deserved! The impact he’s had on the team is unreal!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
While I'm delighted with how good we've been since his arrival, we were knocked out of the group stages of the Champions League
Feck... technically that was the league portion of it and we are now in the "cup" portion of the europa league :wenger: :wenger:

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
Judging some criticisms here, it's surprising how Bruno Fernandes won, again, the PotM award. I guess those who give awards didn't watch the games, just saw the stats. :)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Judging some criticisms here, it's surprising how Bruno Fernandes won, again, the PotM award. I guess those who give awards didn't watch the games, just saw the stats. :)
Damn if only stats mattered in football.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Terrible post that if shown to Becks would probably have him launching the phone at the wall.

Assists are massive in football and the ones who supply the most are often the most valuable players in the game.
There’s assists and there’s assists. A square five yard pass outside the box meh

PaulScholes99

There’s assists and there’s assists. A square five yard pass outside the box meh
But Bruno creates a lot of chances. Sometimes he gets an assist for a normal pass but often he doesn't get an assist for perfect deliveries. There is actually one player in the Premier League who gets a lot of praise for his Assist number while he should not be on so many assists. It's not Bruno Fernandes but Harry Kane.

Look at these stats:
Player / Assists / expected Assists
Fernandes / 7 / 6.42
Grealish / 7 / 7.21
KDB / 9 / 7.21
Kane / 11 / 4.93

Key passes:
Grealish 55
Fernandes 53
KDB 48
Kane 25

Bruno deserves his assist numbers.

MU655

But Bruno creates a lot of chances. Sometimes he gets an assist for a normal pass but often he doesn't get an assist for perfect deliveries. There is actually one player in the Premier League who gets a lot of praise for his Assist number while he should not be on so many assists. It's not Bruno Fernandes but Harry Kane.

Look at these stats:
Player / Assists / expected Assists
Fernandes / 7 / 6.42
Grealish / 7 / 7.21
KDB / 9 / 7.21
Kane / 11 / 4.93

Key passes:
Grealish 55
Fernandes 53
KDB 48
Kane 25

Bruno deserves his assist numbers.
Where did they get this number from? I would say a lot of chances Kane has created, you would be arguing that a striker should score. Aside from the Arsenal goal, a lot of the chances made have been for Son to be in one-on-one, so that figure doesn't make any sense.

Fed through Son three times to be one-on-one against Southampton (Also fed Son again in that match)
Fed to Moura open goal
Passed to Son over the top
Fed through Son against Manutd one-on-one
Fed Lo Celso in an open area against City

Not buying that 4.93. These are all top chances, so that should be at least 7. Sort of throws those figures into contention really.

lost7

I feel like tomorrow he's gonna be back to his best for his first match against Liverpool and have a mighty game. His shooting in particular has looked quite tame in the last couple of matches, so I think he's bound to score a worldie tomorrow

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Where did they get this number from? I would say a lot of chances Kane has created, you would be arguing that a striker should score. Aside from the Arsenal goal, a lot of the chances made have been for Son to be in one-on-one, so that figure doesn't make any sense.

Fed through Son three times to be one-on-one against Southampton (Also fed Son again in that match)
Fed to Moura open goal

Not buying that 4.93. These are all top chances, so that should be at least 7. Sort of throws those figures into contention really.
I think people make these stats up...someone had Pogba at about 5.9 for a full season in his first season when there’s literally multiple chances that players should have scored from on a clip. Way more than 6 you’d think should’ve been finished. I think people need to use their eyes more.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Redcafe in a nutshell. Can't find things to criticize in a player, starts pointing fingers at their attitude. This forum has a problem.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Fed to Moura open goal

I think people make these stats up...someone had Pogba at about 5.9 for a full season in his first season when there’s literally multiple chances that players should have scored from on a clip. Way more than 6 you’d think should’ve been finished. I think people need to use their eyes more.
Chance created doesn't mean it's expected goal is 1. One v one doesn't mean the expected goal/assist is 1.

mav_9me

So he did not have an assist or goal since 2 games now. Is that the first time ever since he joined us?
There was a stat where since Oct 2018, only 2 times where he's gone more than 2 games without a goal or assist. Based off that he is due for a goal or assist against Liverpool.

Strelok

Better players lead to a better team and better placement. You won't see a group full of mediocre players suddenly become title winners, regardless of whatever myths came about with Sir Alex. It all has to come together. We finished top because Rooney was a top player, Carrick was a top player, we had the experience of multiple previous world class players who were still at a good level, quality wingers with Nani/Young/Valencia, and more than anything, arguably the best striker in the world with RvP that season. The decline in the following seasons was a mix of Sir Alex leaving and the players declining or not having the same motivation anymore.

United before Bruno had the option of Andreas Pereira or Lingard as the #10, with Mata or Dan James on the right (with Greenwood having just turned 18), and then Rashford and Martial playing every possible game. Pogba injured the entire year. So of course with that lineup we would put out mid table type results, because we were using multiple mid tables players as regular starters!
I don't think Pereira and Lingard are even PL quality, let alone mid table. Mata and James as well. Can't think of any PL team would play them.

Zen86

I don't think Pereira and Lingard are even PL quality, let alone mid table. Mata and James as well. Can't think of any PL team would play them.
There’s this bizarre cult of manager phenomenon in football over the last few years. A lot of people seem to pretend that quality of player is almost a negligible factor when considering the success of a team, such is the inflated view of the modern day manager.

Does Ole rely on Bruno? Sure, but no more than Klopp does on his best players, Pep on his. That’s how football works.

Heinzesight

I feel like tomorrow he's gonna be back to his best for his first match against Liverpool and have a mighty game. His shooting in particular has looked quite tame in the last couple of matches, so I think he's bound to score a worldie tomorrow
He’ll be well up for this no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.