Height: 183cm
Position: Midfielder - Attacking Midfield
Foot: Right
Squad Number: #18
Contract expires: 30.06.2025
Contract Option: Player Optional 1 Year
Outfitter: Nike​

Last edited:
Looking forward to watching him this season. He’s integrated really quickly, and I expect him to carry on, hope him and Pogba can form a good partnership.

There are some areas he needs to improve on, but that’s not a criticism.

My prediction: won’t be made captain. Shouting at Lindelof in the 85th minute, doesn’t suddenly mean he should be out captain. Good to see his passion and determination though, something we don’t have a lot of.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I could see him grabbing 30 goals if we get this many pens next season. I think he’s capable of scoring more in open play to be honest.

Mcking

I could see him having a big season, but he will need to improve with the ball a lot. I don't think I'm going to warm to a supposed playmaker whose most distinguished feature is giving the ball away.

Bwuk

I think we need to be smart and not totally rely on him. I think teams were beginning to figure us out a bit towards the end of the season.

Bruno’s a brilliant player but he can’t do it all on his own. I’m hoping we see him and Pogba play a bit closer together next year.

Mercurial

He looked very worn out at the end, here is to 20/21! That last match of his was very good when he dropped back! Great to have him from start!

RuudTom83

Every opposition team will be fully aware of him come next season. So it won’t be as easy for Bruno, but I know he will rise to the challenge.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Looking forward to watching him next season. Our midfield is a concerning area for me as it stands as I don’t really like the structure. That said, Bruno’s role and performance in our last game was very encouraging, and I’d like to see him continue in the same system next season. In fact, the entire midfield from our last game should be our main trio I think - in the exact same structure.

Chief123

What often gets overlooked when we get a penalty (because of the banter about how many we get) is the fact that Bruno is possibly the best penalty taker in the world at the moment.

Every penalty he has taken, the keeper has had no chance. It’s not even been close. Incredible technique and composure.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Looking forward to watching him next season. Our midfield is a concerning area for me as it stands as I don’t really like the structure. That said, Bruno’s role and performance in our last game was very encouraging, and I’d like to see him continue in the same system next season. In fact, the entire midfield from our last game should be our main trio I think - in the exact same structure.
I second this, hence why I'm hoping to see more of Fred in the same system we played in the final. Bruno did finally play well after a while and hopefully we keep that shape. It also allowed Pogba to push further up due to Fred dynamism and ability to cover a lot of the grass.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Bless you agent Pat :lol: :drool:
I’m guessing Rio wasn’t bluffing last time on his Twitter when he looks like that he knew something about the link with Bruno. Ole probably texted Rio too to asked Nani & Ronaldo.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Every opposition team will be fully aware of him come next season. So it won’t be as easy for Bruno, but I know he will rise to the challenge.
They are already aware. Opposing teams started to mark him very tightly after the break. This and tiredness affected him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He won player of the month?

Edit: I’ve just looked on the website...wow that’s ridiculous, Ive not seen him have a really good game since June and he keeps winning these awards regardless

Squeaky Bumtime

Edit: I’ve just looked on the website...wow that’s ridiculous, Ive not seen him have a really good game since June and he keeps winning these awards regardless
Since June?
Are you serious? He had a good game vs Sevilla.

We should get a midfielder to give him a breather every once in a while. Pogba can play instead when needed but that leaves a hole in midfield.
Looking forward seeing him the whole season. What he should do more often is going back to midfield sometimes like vs Sevilla and not be near the strikers the whole time.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Since June?
Are you serious? He had a good game vs Sevilla.

We should get a midfielder to give him a breather every once in a while. Pogba can play instead when needed but that leaves a hole in midfield.
Looking forward seeing him the whole season. What he should do more often is going back to midfield sometimes like vs Sevilla and not be near the strikers the whole time.
Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s brilliant....he had a good game against Sevilla but he wasn’t great and player of the month? Nah.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Why would I make that up :lol:

I do agree he didn’t deserve it this month though.

Tony247

If we don't buy an option to rotate Bruno then we are fecked. Only difference between this team till Jan and this team from Feb is Bruno... that's it. He can't go on playing every PL match, running box to box to attack and to defend. It will either make him zombie on the pitch or send him to weeks of rehabilitation in no time.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
If we don't buy an option to rotate Bruno then we are fecked. Only difference between this team till Jan and this team from Feb is Bruno... that's it. He can't go on playing every PL match, running box to box to attack and to defend. It will either make him zombie on the pitch or send him to weeks of rehabilitation in no time.
That's simply not true.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Technically it's not.

Big key difference definitely.
I just find it ridiculous to completely dismiss the fact that Pogba had return and also failing to account for Greenwood growth in the second part of the season, especially post lock-down and Martial taking his game and consistency to a level above the first part of the season.

This is also why arguments made about us barely scrapping top 4 with this team never made sense to me and ignore a lot of things. There are simply way too many variables always dismissed and ignored when people make all these claims about our team, especially with respect to our standing in the league. I keep hearing this argument about us having a team that barely made top 4 which isn't exactly true.

We played almost 2/3 of the season without those who proved to be our game changers and backbone of the team that actually put us levels above the shitshow we were in the first part of last season. Bruno, Pogba's return, post lock-down Greenwood level and a Martial levels above pre February. All these factors get ignored. The team including all the above mentioned have the best form in the league since February(since Bruno arrival) yet people still compare this team to what we could field in the first half of the season.

Saying that Bruno is the only difference between us in the first half of the season and post January couldn't be any more wrong.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I thought he was absolutely sensational. I’m pretty comfortable now with saying Bruno is absolutely world class and I think it’s clear that he has evolved as a player in the past couple years and the move to Utd will help him further. The whole game just runs through him in a way that I have rarely seen, it just feels like every time he touches the ball something magic can happen. Overall a fantastic display by Portugal but and even more talismanic performance by our Magnifico.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I thought he was absolutely sensational. I’m pretty comfortable now with saying Bruno is absolutely world class and I think it’s clear that he has evolved as a player in the past couple years and the move to Utd will help him further. The whole game just runs through him in a way that I have rarely seen, it just feels like every time he touches the ball something magic can happen. Overall a fantastic display by Portugal but and even more talismanic performance by our Magnifico.
He’s got a swagger and composure in the way he plays that you see in very few players. Always has time on the ball and plays the game at his own pace. He kind of reminds me of Veron or Riquelme in a way.

Didn’t watch the game tonight, no interest. But the lad has proved me wrong, I it didn’t think he would be this good. His technique is not the best, but bloody hell he makes up for it with his confidence, work rate and determination. Terrific player, who had clearly taken the step up in his stride. Still surprised we had such a free run at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.