Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Some of the comments on this site are really mind blowing. Bringing off our main creative influence is a recipe for disaster. I had the privilege to see George Best live on quite a few occasions, but I remember one game in particular, at Coventry in the late 60's early 70"s, where Best wandered around the pitch like he didn't want to be there, but I recollect he picked the ball up in a wide position, waltzed around the whole Coventry defence, and scored, that is the type of player that can win you matches, and titles. To me, Bruno is a more hard working player, without the natural dribbling skills as Best, but in his way is as much of a talent. If he was as bad today as some posters say, then I can't wait to see him when he is on song.

Eddy_JukeZ

Why? I love him but he was so bad tonight. I accept he takes risks with the ball but he literally didn’t find a team mate till the last 10 mins. Might be controversial but his general play was bad today
His pass to Mata in the 1st half led to the equalizer :confused:

The United

I accept it easily tbh. He will piss me off during moments of the game but I will never want him to be subbed (unless he is injured or is close to be sent off) because he is so so decisive. We need safe players and we need risky type of players.
And, the position he plays should not have a safe player imo. We don't want another Mata in LVG's team who were instructed to keep the ball so he received the ball up, moved all the way back then passed to a defender for most of the games at times.

UtdAgain08

The things I was saying about Bruno today before he scored, I thought he was shocking again. I've not been impressed from about the last month of last season. On the other hand he keeps scoring and setting up goal, such a strange player for me.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It does sum him up though. It was the same at Sporting. He gives away the ball a lot but he makes goal contributions every game. He has been doing this for a good 4 years now
Stats alone can't really sum up any player, let alone someone who mixes the sublime and the ridiculous as frequently as Bruno. He was objectively poor for substantial periods of that game.

Adamsk7

We've just gotta accept he's gonna do some frustrating things in games. He's a game changer.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He was excellent.

Created so many chances. If he can weed out some of his erratic play, even better.

But he was superb. Great character.
This.

Of course he can be frustrating at times, but that's just the sort of player he is. He's the total opposite of everything we've seen in tha last 8 years or so. Always looking to play a key pass or have a shot, rather that the backwards or sideways pass we've become so used to.

LJJT

His pass to Mata in the 1st half led to the equalizer :confused:
I love him mate but just think he was very poor tonight. Crazy cos he scored and assisted but his general play was Shite, but the stats don’t lie I must accept that

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thats because stats dont always tell the full story.
It's ludicrous to suggest he had a bad performance. His job is to create, so he will naturally take riskier passes and will lose the ball more.
Today he wasn't bad, he wasn't just good either. He was excellent - penalty excluding.

Nep77

He is Basically a Rooney 2.0. One thing I want to say here with trying to fit everyone in the midfield, I dont think his performance will be any different if he is played wide on left or right with freedom to roam. This will let us fit in Pogba/Donny in front of two holders and behind two forward.

dev1l

Or because the casual football fan doesn't know what they're on about..?

Bruno was absolutely not shit tonight.
The average football thinks he/she knows a lot....but....

:)

pascell

I really enjoy watching him play, you just know if he has the ball in and around the box something positive will happen.

Shame the goal for offside got chalked off. But he has THE character for a United captain and World class player. Goal chalked off for offside, penalty miss but doesn't stop dragging the team forward and trying for a goal to win the game, thats what a United player is about.

Addled

Sorry but I completely disagree. Bruno has the capacity to be our best player and probably become a Legend but he currently isn’t trying a leg. He is lazy, inconsistent, inaccurate, nonchalant and lacking in effort.
I don’t want to say this about our best player but the facts in front of your eyes don’t lie. Come back Bruno that we all loved. Until then, cop yourself on and work harder.

DarkXaero

A really poor performance masked by some brilliant game changing moments. So I guess it wasn't a poor game at all? Not sure.

Toad

Didn’t have a good game at all up until the last 10 minutes but realistically all that matter is the three points and he got the winning goal.

AndyMUFC

He's one of those players that you just don't bring off when you need a goal, because he's got the mentality to keep going even when things aren't coming off for him, and his quality will eventually tell because of that.

OverratedOpinion

Some of the comments on this site are really mind blowing. Bringing off our main creative influence is a recipe for disaster. I had the privilege to see George Best live on quite a few occasions, but I remember one game in particular, at Coventry in the late 60's early 70"s, where Best wandered around the pitch like he didn't want to be there, but I recollect he picked the ball up in a wide position, waltzed around the whole Coventry defence, and scored, that is the type of player that can win you matches, and titles. To me, Bruno is a more hard working player, without the natural dribbling skills as Best, but in his way is as much of a talent. If he was as bad today as some posters say, then I can't wait to see him when he is on song.
That is some shout!

Devil may care

He's reckless with possession at times but he's a game changer, should have given him the #7.

Shark

@NotShark
As others have mentioned he just has that Rooney mentality. He can be playing absolutely shite and still win us matches. Brilliant player and hopefully he gets back to his full best soon.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
One thing I'll certainly say he has over many other world class attacking midfielders past and present is amazing mental strength to push through despite playing poorly the whole game. You can imagine many attacking midfielders, Ozil for example, just shutting down mentally and not working to try and get a goal after over 80 minutes of having a poor game.

It's really strange to judge his ability because of the amount of mistakes he makes in a match, but you can't argue with his numbers that he manages to pull one moment to get a goal or assist (or penalty :D )

cyberman

Stats alone can't really sum up any player, let alone someone who mixes the sublime and the ridiculous as frequently as Bruno. He was objectively poor for substantial periods of that game.
But goals and asists arent just stats. Its what forward players strive for and it decides games.
Look at Salah, he is incredibly wasteful yet has lead Liverpool to CL and league glory. Ronaldo only came alive in the box when reaching 30 yet led Madrid to 4 CL before he left despite little influence in build up play.
Bruno could play it safe. Buff his stats by keeping the ball with safe passes, keep the play ticking over by passing it wide but he doesnt. That isnt what hes there to do.
I honestly cant believe how desensitised we are to Bruno now. Is there a more productive 10 / advanced midfielder behind Messi than Bruno? Hell even Messi isnt that far ahead, if at all.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
A really poor performance masked by some brilliant game changing moments. So I guess it wasn't a poor game at all? Not sure.
Agreed with this. I've accepted that his passing success rate will be poor because he's a risk-taker, but he was getting some basic things wrong tonight.
Made up for it though for the last 10 minutes - and that's what counts.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Top interview (ignore the title, it's the full post match interview)

snk123

Proper leader this guy! The posters saying he was shit are not exactly wrong. He had a shit spell where nothing came off. Even his sliding interception fell straight to a newcastle forward.

But he keeps putting in 100% physically and mentally. Eventually his class comes through. Elite player!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sorry but I completely disagree. Bruno has the capacity to be our best player and probably become a Legend but he currently isn’t trying a leg. He is lazy, inconsistent, inaccurate, nonchalant and lacking in effort.
I don’t want to say this about our best player but the facts in front of your eyes don’t lie. Come back Bruno that we all loved. Until then, cop yourself on and work harder.
Lazy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.