6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

Who cares about a few sloppy passes as long as he keeps up this level of productivity? Brilliant player. He's also the first proper leader we've had on the pitch since Vidic and it'll be a scandal if the armband isn't given to him at some point.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His game intelligence (no stats can account for that) has noticeably transformed a lot of our players like Rashford and Martial( who now moves better) and that return pass from Rashford where previously Rashford would just shoot. Yes he's every bit as good as KDB and will only get better playing alongside better players like VDB who can pass and move.

Lost count of how many times he's in a good shooting position and players like Dan James completely ignore him due to their poor game intelligence (keep head down and shoot from distance when there are better options).
He actually doesn't he been making same movements and runs but no one other than Pogba (before Bruno arrived) would bother to either see them them or even when they did, have the confidence and ability to play the ball.

Rashford also wouldn't previously just shoot either

We have lacked creativity in our midfield for ages, so glad Bruno is here now, just a shame Pogbas form isn't good right now, but I think he will come good over the season if he stays fit. If only now we could fix the missing part of the midfield which would be an energetic ball winner or defensive minded player

BaillyBaillyBailly

Sanchez for Arsenal in the years before we signed him was a lot more productive and had much stronger underlying metrics. He was similar to Bruno in that he gave the ball away an awful lot, but that was more justified in his case because he was getting and creating better chances, and actually involved in more chances that didn't have him shooting or assisting.

I’m not sure what narrative you think I want to depict. I’d like to be in a position where United do have elite players across the team, but we don’t. Bruno’s a good player, but thinking he performing at a similar level to KDB or peak Lampard is only going to lead to disappointment. He's no where near close to KDB for creativity, and no where near close to Lampard for being a goal scoring midfielder. He also isn't part of such good teams.

The big gap in Bruno’s game currently compared to other attacking midfielders who play similar roles is his relatively low involvement in any moves that don't see him shooting or assisting the actual chance. That could be two main things and is probably a combination of the two:
  • Quality of teammates letting him down and moves breaking down when he is no longer in possession.
  • Giving Bruno's fairly low pass completion rate and high shot volume, his decision making might also be at fault. Too often he is looking for passes he is incapable of consistently making, or taking low percentage shots on. The better option would actually be exercising patience, giving a more simple pass, retaining possession, which will lead to a better chance down the line, possibly back to Bruno for him to shoot or assist.
I completely disagree with your assertion "The big gap in Bruno's game currently compared to other attacking midfielders who play similar roles is his relatively low involvement in any moves that don't see him shooting or assisting the actual chance".
Bruno's USP, if you like, is that he is a risk taker and he is happy to try passes he is not sure he can complete if it opens up a possibility for another players.

"The better option would actually be exercising patience, giving a more simple pass, retaining possession, which will lead to a better chance down the line".
Again, this I disagree with. We have plenty of players in the team who prefer to rotate possession (Fred, Matic, McTominay, Maguire, Shaw, AWB) and wait for an opportunity to arise. United's opponents prior to Bruno arriving knew this which is why we found it so difficult to break down stubborn defences. Bruno's more chaotic and forthright approach forces openings which we simply did not have access to before he came.

In short, don't ask Bruno to stop making risky passes and shooting from distance. That is the whole point of a Bruno Fernandes!

SambaBoy

I thought he was excellent. You can tell players trust him to give him the ball in any position. He will give the ball away and have bad games, but he's a top quality player and has shown it so far in his time here. One of his best games for United that.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The most pleasing thing is he looks back to his energetic, determined performances again.

After lockdown where he got burnt out I did get a little worried as he looked completely out of character, but it's great to see him back to his best.

I know the Cantona comparisons are a little silly but in personality at least he's the best we've had since Ibra / RVP.

It's nice to have a player that you know will come up with a moment of magic when the going gets tough, what a guy. His stamina and work rate really do make the difference when it gets late in matches.

Shark

@NotShark
:lol: He kind of threw Ole under the bus saying he only found out there and then

Brilliant news, hopefully it's permanent.

Same with Valencia. On the right wing his quality was very questionable in the final third, but he used to make the most tackles in the team which meant less defending for other people to do
Lets not compare Turn Back Tony with Bruno!

both worked hard, but one of them had zero quality for the majority of his United career.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Deserved.

Not only is he the best player in the team but he is also the only one with true leadership abilities. I suspect he will be the captain permanently sooner rather then later.

He has the respect from his piers of both his quality on and off the pitch.

Proud of you young man! Carry on!

K_Ash

That's too much power :lol: ! but he looks and behaves like a proper captain

Deserved.

Not only is he the best player in the team but he is also the only one with true leadership abilities. I suspect he will be the captain permanently sooner rather then later.

clearly you are very biased.

he deserves to be our deputy captain, and nothing will change soon.

what is does highlight is how poor our leadership has been over the past 5 years. The two players who have captained us recently both were at the club less than a year.

we were desperate when Valencia captained is, easily the worst captain of the club in 50 years. Truly shocking. That we didn’t have anyone who had been at the club longer than 6 months when we sold Young shows the lack of leadership.

I’m glad we have Bruno, and think he will relish the challenge, but Maguire is our captain. I would love to return to the days when we had 5 or 6 players on the pitch who could hold the armband.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Even without the penalties he's obviously become our talisman in a very short time. He's not the best number 10 in the league, although he's certainly top 3 in my opinion, but his attitude, grit and determination is what makes him so important to us. He fully deserves his chance at being captain tomorrow. I think he's the sort of player even SAF would have loved.

Ekeke

Lets not compare Turn Back Tony with Bruno!

both worked hard, but one of them had zero quality for the majority of his United career.
Agree with that... well sort of. He was average going forward and finding end product. Not zero quality, just less than we needed or was on offer by our other options. But just because a player isnt the type you'd want or choose doesnt mean he does have some qualities he did bring to the team. For Valencia that was hard work, covering ground and competing for the ball. If he was good with the ball once he got it he'd have been an amazing player. Not to be

Rajma

He’s one of the kind, wouldn’t swap him for any other playmaker in the league.

dal

He’s got that arrogance that our players have had down the years.

The arrogance to play a pass when maybe you shouldn’t.

The arrogance and belief to not let anything effect you even when maybe it would effect most players

However he seems a great guy too which some our best and most arrogant players probably weren’t.

Wouldn’t have any other AM.

Get us a win captain.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Deserved.

I hope so but even if he doesn't get it permanent it won't matter much, as you already know he gives his best no matter what.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Deserved. He might as well get a statue already. I haven’t seen a player that has had such an instant and huge impact to a team than Bruno has had at United.

As I stated before, we have such a great team. Maguire as slow as he is, is still a good leader for United. I m not sure if Bruno should be our permanent captain or not once Maguire is fit again.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Even without the penalties he's obviously become our talisman in a very short time. He's not the best number 10 in the league, although he's certainly top 3 in my opinion, but his attitude, grit and determination is what makes him so important to us. He fully deserves his chance at being captain tomorrow. I think he's the sort of player even SAF would have loved.
Easily top 2 surely? Him and De Bruyne are in a class of their own In the Prem I think.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Easily top 2 surely? Him and De Bruyne are in a class of their own In the Prem I think.
Yeah, you're probably right, I was including James Rodriguez but that doesn't make sense considering he's playing on the right.

As much as I like Bruno, KDB is far and away a better player. That’s no slight on Bruno, I’m not sure there are any/many better midfielders than KDB in the world.

I think Bruno has a few more months to go to prove he’s not just a form player. But on the assumption he carries on that form, aside from KDB, I don’t see anyone else better?

SportingCP96

Supports
clearly you are very biased.

he deserves to be our deputy captain, and nothing will change soon.

what is does highlight is how poor our leadership has been over the past 5 years. The two players who have captained us recently both were at the club less than a year.

we were desperate when Valencia captained is, easily the worst captain of the club in 50 years. Truly shocking. That we didn’t have anyone who had been at the club longer than 6 months when we sold Young shows the lack of leadership.

I’m glad we have Bruno, and think he will relish the challenge, but Maguire is our captain. I would love to return to the days when we had 5 or 6 players on the pitch who could hold the armband.
I think he is a bigger voice on the pitch is all. Inevitably I do believe he will be the captain at United. He checks all the boxes biased or not.

The_Midfielder

As much as I like Bruno, KDB is far and away a better player. That’s no slight on Bruno, I’m not sure there are any/many better midfielders than KDB in the world.

I think Bruno has a few more months to go to prove he’s not just a form player. But on the assumption he carries on that form, aside from KDB, I don’t see anyone else better?
KDB is the better player .. but I think in goals, assists, statistics Bruno is ahead

SportingCP96

Supports
I hope so but even if he doesn't get it permanent it won't matter much, as you already know he gives his best no matter what.
Reminds me of how it went down at Sporting. Nani had come back that summer and since he is one of our prodigal sons he was given the armband.

Well it was very clear to see that even though Nani had the armband it was Bruno who was the captain and leader on the pitch.

Thus when Nani left the club the armband went immediately to Bruno’s arms.

I believe the same will happen at United.

Adamsk7

When is he getting a new deal then? Seems weird to say but he’s our best player and now captaining the side. Won’t be long, even if he’s not driven by money, before he looks at some of the players on £200k+ and goes “hold on....”

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Reminds me of how it went down at Sporting. Nani had come back that summer and since he is one of our prodigal sons he was given the armband.

Well it was very clear to see that even though Nani had the armband it was Bruno who was the captain and leader on the pitch.

Thus when Nani left the club the armband went immediately to Bruno’s arms.

I believe the same will happen at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.