Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Many of us dont want to accept but there is a possibility that he goes elsewhere to fulfill his ambition if we continue not to challenge for silverware in the near future.

And everyone knows Madrid are always keeping an eye on our talent
I am not bothered by that. I doubt he is leaving anytime soon anyway but if he is desperate to leave in the future and another club wants to pay us a good fee and him the wages we pay him, then so be it.
For what it’s worth last time a player wanted to leave us and finally left us who we really wanted to keep was when we were the best team in Europe.
So I don’t really see the correlation between wanting to leave and lack of trophies, especially as it is not easy to leave United and get better wages elsewhere.
I really don’t understand some fans’ attitude towards certain players like the club owe them something. Bruno made the decision to join us when we weren’t even looking like we could qualify for the CL. We paid a good transfer fee and are paying him well. In return we expect him to perform well and that’s exactly what he is doing.

Did he get injured ?
No. Shouldn't have gone off imo. Portugal did ok without him but he was by far their most consistent creative force, even though he was having to sit next to the CBs to pick up the ball. Pereira and Carvalho is just such a plodding, untechnical midfield he wasn't being fed in the right spaces. Still should've had an assist or two off of set pieces.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
No. Shouldn't have gone off imo. Portugal did ok without him but he was by far their most consistent creative force, even though he was having to sit next to the CBs to pick up the ball. Pereira and Carvalho is just such a plodding, untechnical midfield he wasn't being fed in the right spaces. Still should've had an assist or two off of set pieces.
So he got hooked ?

432JuanMata

My favourite player at United by a mile he has everything. He has bad games and great games but he always tries through/forward passes when they aren’t coming off he looks poor but he keeps trying them which is main thing as he knows he will get some right.
After watching our no10’s playing safe most of the time over the last few years it’s a breath of fresh air. His attitude and willingness to win is top notch. Is he our best signing since Van Persie ?

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Has any United player ever had better numbers than Bruno in a season? I personally rate him higher than Rooney and Ronaldo here(with the caveat of a shorter time period of course and assuming he continues with this level of production). Why because Rooney and Ronaldo used to struggle in big games. Bruno effect is almost the same regardless of opponent.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Dear god., what else am I gonna hear.

MS4

Imagine if Bruno had asissted Ronaldo with his corner. Ronaldo headed the ball slightly over the ball. The rumours would flood the forum and media :D

Strelok

I am not bothered by that. I doubt he is leaving anytime soon anyway but if he is desperate to leave in the future and another club wants to pay us a good fee and him the wages we pay him, then so be it.
For what it’s worth last time a player wanted to leave us and finally left us who we really wanted to keep was when we were the best team in Europe.
So I don’t really see the correlation between wanting to leave and lack of trophies, especially as it is not easy to leave United and get better wages elsewhere.
I really don’t understand some fans’ attitude towards certain players like the club owe them something. Bruno made the decision to join us when we weren’t even looking like we could qualify for the CL. We paid a good transfer fee and are paying him well. In return we expect him to perform well and that’s exactly what he is doing.
Then why RVP moved to us?

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Has any United player ever had better numbers than Bruno in a season? I personally rate him higher than Rooney and Ronaldo here(with the caveat of a shorter time period of course and assuming he continues with this level of production). Why because Rooney and Ronaldo used to struggle in big games. Bruno effect is almost the same regardless of opponent.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
You think Bruno has been better that Ronaldo was in his last 2 seasons at United?

he had been at Arsenal for a decade, and only had 12 months left on his contract. If Bruno wants to move in 5 years time because he’s not won anything and he’s after a medal, then so be it, and good luck to him. He’s not going anywhere soon, some of our fans are just so fragile.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's an absolutely incredible opinion.
Firstly Rooney and Ronaldo didn't "struggle" against big teams in any shape or form.
They were absolute top class players who were critical to dragging us to success.

Bruno has had a nice impact but a lot of his game changing has been through pens. He has a long way to go to match either of the above.

Strelok

he had been at Arsenal for a decade, and only had 12 months left on his contract. If Bruno wants to move in 5 years time because he’s not won anything and he’s after a medal, then so be it, and good luck to him. He’s not going anywhere soon, some of our fans are just so fragile.
The point is a player, especially the driven and winner type love to win big sliverwares. Same thing with top players only want to play in the top leagues, with CL football. They don't play just for the money or fun. They all want to experience what is like to win a league title, a CL title. And their career is short. If RVP comes to us a few years earlier he'd have more than just one title. A player would simply ask himself why wait until the last year in your prime? What if you have a serious injury?

If Real, Barca, PSG comes with a £100m offer do you think he'd leave?

Last edited:

YAMS49

My fecking eyes, this post should have come with a warning, far too early to be reading this.

If Real, Barca, PSG comes with a £100m offer do you think he'd leave?
no.

he’s playing in the best league in the world, with a team that developing, and he’s the main man. He’s important to the team. He wouldn’t be so important at any of those teams. We aren’t a selling club.

he’s been at the club less than a year. He’s done well, and the club is improving. No reason to speculate on his leaving.

Strelok

no.

he’s playing in the best league in the world, with a team that developing, and he’s the main man. He’s important to the team. He wouldn’t be so important at any of those teams. We aren’t a selling club.

he’s been at the club less than a year. He’s done well, and the club is improving. No reason to speculate on his leaving.
He isn't playing in the best league in the world, one of the best yes. And I don't think he's the type that loves the comfort zone of 'being the most important player at the club'. He's a winner. We're not a feeder club as much as when we sold Ronaldo.

But I guess you're right. He must be super happy spending his prime years fighting for the top 4 trophy and playing regularly in the CL group stages. Maybe won one or two FA or EL cups. What a splendid career it would be.

And of course he bloody loves this cold rainy Manchester so much that he would refuse to go to the sun shining Spanish beaches, which also happen to be much culturally closer to him. Where they actually fight for top silverwares basically each year.

Last edited:
He isn't playing in the best league in the world, one of the best yes. And I don't think he's the type that loves the comfort zone of 'being the most important player at the club'. He's a winner. We're not a feeder club as much as when we sold Ronaldo.

But I guess you're right. He must be super happy spending his prime years fighting for the top 4 trophy and playing regularly in the CL group stages. Maybe won one or two FA or EL cups. What a splendid career it would be.

And of course he bloody loves this cold rainy Manchester so much that he would refuse to go to the sun shining Spanish beaches, which also happen to be much culturally closer to him. Where they actually fight for top silverwares basically each year.
such a fragile fan. Everyday must be painful for you.

joke of a post.

Strelok

such a fragile fan. Everyday must be painful for you.

joke of a post.
No imo I'm a pretty positive and happy person instead. I just don't try to deny the reality. Best way to live happily is to live with the reality as it is I think. The fragile ones are the ones who try their best to deny the reality so they'd feel a bit safer I'd say.

And you should attack the post, not the poster.

No imo I'm a pretty positive and happy person instead. I just don't try to deny the reality. Best way to live happily is to live with the reality as it is I think.

And you should attack the post, not the poster.
That’s not attacking the poster.

you are making up reality.

Im surprised we are able to buy anyone...

Strelok

That’s not attacking the poster.

you are making up reality.

Im surprised we are able to buy anyone...
You called me fragile and my post is a joke, and that's not attacking the poster?

Anyway, then in your opinion what did I said is not the reality and why?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

You really hold United in such high esteem :lol:

Utd may not be the best club in the world or even England right now but the Premier League is without doubt the best football league in terms of pure competition.

Remember the geese

Mate, you can't be surprised that this post hasn't gone down well. You're belittling the club and seem determined to flog Bruno off for his own good. This is a huge move for him and he hasn't even been here a year yet. Have a bit more respect.

Strelok

You really hold United in such high esteem :lol:

Utd may not be the best club in the world or even England right now but the Premier League is without doubt the best football league in terms of pure competition.
I do hope I can hold United in such high esteem. But watching us for the past 7 years I just could not, unfortunately.

The bold part: from the perspective of the audience, yes. PL is the most exciting league in the world to watch. But not from the perspective of a player I think. Quality wise I'd say it's on pair with La Liga.

You called me fragile and my post is a joke, and that's not attacking the poster?

Anyway, then in your opinion what did I said is not the reality and why?
your post is a joke, that’s attacking the post. Apologies if you took offence at being called fragile. I’m talking generally here, I don’t understand fans who are just so negative, so fragile, and see doom everywhere.

He’s been here less than 12 months, and you are already worried he’s going to go somewhere else.

Your post was completely negative about the country he plays in, and our future prospects.

Strelok

Mate, you can't be surprised that this post hasn't gone down well. You're belittling the club and seem determined to flog Bruno off for his own good. This is a huge move for him and he hasn't even been here a year yet. Have a bit more respect.
I don't see this has anything to do with respect?
Did I disrespect the club by telling the reality of the club? If that's the case you should go to the Glazers/Woodward out thread and call at least half of the posters there the same I think.

Strelok

your post is a joke, that’s attacking the post. Apologies if you took offence at being called fragile. I’m talking generally here, I don’t understand fans who are just so negative, so fragile, and see doom everywhere.

He’s been here less than 12 months, and you are already worried he’s going to go somewhere else.

Your post was completely negative about the country he plays in, and our future prospects.
Negative is the same with making up reality?

If the reality is negative, what's wrong to say it as it is? Or do I have to paint it all rose to not be called negative?

united_99

That’s hardly saying much, is it?
RvP had spent 8 years at Arsenal / in the Premier League. He then found out that SAF wanted him to win us the PL back. A great possibility for both sides. It’s hardly that he was actively looking to leave Arsenal or join us over all the years and then we finally got him.
Bruno on the other hand if he had been that obsessed with winning trophies wouldn’t have joined United in the state we were in anyway.
The situations are also not comparable. RvP was a world class player wanted by Arsenal, City and United.
Bruno is a very good player but there are at the same time other good players in his position around (at other clubs).
Then there’s also the stupid high salaries United started paying after SAF retired.
So I can hardly see a scenario nowadays where a player we have is wanted that much by another club that they are willing to make him among their top earners and pay us the fee we would ask for the player.
DdG is still here since the strange move to Real didn’t happen, Pogba is sadly still here and Bruno, too in a couple of years will be 29 and then who knows what the situation is anyway.
As far as I am concerned whoever is desperate to leave can leave (however again I can’t see Bruno leaving or even wanting to leave anytime soon).

Edit: Only now I have read your other posts here and am regretting now why I even bothered replying. There are fans who support the club and want the best for the club and then there are fans who strangely worship certain players (and some strangely enough worship players who haven’t even achieved much at United yet).

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
RvP had spent 8 years at Arsenal / in the Premier League. He then found out that SAF wanted him to win us the PL back. A great possibility for both sides. It’s hardly that he was actively looking to leave Arsenal or join us over all the years and then we finally got him.
Bruno on the other hand if he had been that obsessed with winning trophies wouldn’t have joined United in the state we were in anyway.
The situations are also not comparable. RvP was a world class player wanted by Arsenal, City and United.
Bruno is a very good player but there are at the same time other good players in his position around (at other clubs).
Then there’s also the stupid high salaries United started paying after SAF retired.
So I can hardly see a scenario nowadays where a player we have is wanted that much by another club that they are willing to make him among their top earners and pay us the fee we would ask for the player.
DdG is still here since the strange move to Real didn’t happen, Pogba is sadly still here and Bruno, too in a couple of years will be 29 and then who knows what the situation is anyway.
As far as I am concerned whoever is desperate to leave can leave (however again I can’t see Bruno leaving or even wanting to leave anytime soon).
That bolded part is hilarious to me, as if 29 is even old and we'll have to get Bruno a walking stick by that point :lol: think you need to step away from football for a while man you're thinking about it way too deeply to even enjoy it.

united_99

That bolded part is hilarious to me, as if 29 is even old and we'll have to get Bruno a walking stick by that point :lol: think you need to step away from football for a while man you're thinking about it way too deeply to even enjoy it.
Definitely not. But you would be wise to follow your own advice. I am not the one obsessed by the fear of losing certain players. If you had thought it through you would know that I didn’t mean 29 to be old, but rather that it’s definitely an age where clubs usually don’t pay huge transfer fees unless the player is among the top 3-5 in the world.

Strelok

You're trying to say Bruno is not good enough for Real, Barca, PSG etc.?

And Bruno is on about 100k a week, hardly a top earner at any of those clubs I think.

Regarding RVP, I don't think he was actively looking out or wanted out but I didn't say anything like that about Bruno. My example with RVP is a top player would very likely move to another club that may offer him a chance to win big silverwares. If his current club seems not to. Of course only if that another club wants to sign him.

And about that 29 yo. Well 35 yo Modric, 31 yo Herrera and 32 yo Busquet regularly start for their clubs this season. They'd need some replacements soon I guess.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
Definitely not. But you would be wise to follow your own advice. I am not the one obsessed by the fear of losing certain players. If you had thought it through you would know that I didn’t mean 29 to be old, but rather that it’s definitely an age where clubs usually don’t pay huge transfer fees unless the player is among the top 3-5 in the world.
This is the first time I've interacted with you on this forum, so not sure what you mean there. Also how do you know Bruno won't be an even more complete player by that age? 29 is literally prime age for many players.

united_99

This is the first time I've interacted with you on this forum, so not sure what you mean there. Also how do you know Bruno won't be an even more complete player by that age? 29 is literally prime age for many players.
Sorry I thought you were the other poster who originally suggested that Bruno might leave.
If Bruno is a player who is among the very top players in the world in 2 years then great for us and for him. That would also mean we would be asking for money similar to what Chelsea got for Hazard. Works for me if we get good money and the player who is desperate to leave ends up leaving. But again, I don’t see him leaving in the next few years anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.