Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why? He could easily have conceded a pen and missed one. His overall game today was meh.
His overall game was excellent. Created chance after chance. He "could've conceded a pen" if the ref made a bad decision. He took the ball, so wasn't a pen. Johnstone at the other end jumped out like a meter out, so yeah. Easy retake even in days where they didn't retake often.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Can hit the most amazing 50 yard pass, 10 seconds after being unable to pass to someone 5 yards away from him.

Love him though. He is basically our team at this point.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
His overall game was excellent. Created chance after chance. He "could've conceded a pen" if the ref made a bad decision. He took the ball, so wasn't a pen. Johnstone at the other end jumped out like a meter out, so yeah. Easy retake even in days where they didn't retake often.
Yeah he wasn’t excellent

VivaRonaldo85

Unthinkable where we’d be without him. Yes you can moan at him giving it away at times but that’s because he’s trying something positive. Almost every chance we get comes through him at some point. Need to wrap him in cotton wool.

bosnian_red

Yeah he wasn’t excellent
Mm ok. The pass to Mata before he played it across for what should've been a tap in, set up Martial for a sitter, set up Rashford for a sitter, set up Cavani for a big chance, scored a goal, most chances created on the pitch, most shots... like if you want to criticize him for others missing chances that he puts on a plate, by all means...

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Starting to be a worry he’s missed 3 pens, but benefitted from var. Pens definitely inflating his stats.
That's like being worried that a striker fails to score if an opposition defender blocks it with his arm.

If there's an infringement its an infringement.

Bruno wasn't great tonight but everything of note from us went through him.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Johnstone was half a mile off his line, if he wasn't he wouldn't have saved it, hardly a worry.
He’s benefiting from something that has never been enforced before. His first pen was very saveable as was the PSG one and obviously the one at Newcastle. Bury your head all you like. Hi

Santos J

He’s benefiting from something that has never been enforced before. His first pen was very saveable as was the PSG one and obviously the one at Newcastle. Bury your head all you like. Hi
Means nothing, it clearly gave Johnstone an unfair advantage and was rightly retaken. Aye I'll bury my head that our penalty taker who's scored 12 and missed 1 for us is a worry.

bosnian_red

Okay but its a black and white law now and will always be enforced now.

Idxomer

Not a great game from him today.

He's been very inconsistent this season which is frankly to be expected in this team.

paulscholes18

Everything we did well tonight came from Bruno, could have easily had a couple of assists if Rashford and Martial brought their shooting boots with them

The United

Enforced before or not. It is the rule though?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
His output is excellent in terms of numbers and the fact he’s always at the heart of everything good we do. However, he has to stop with giving the ball away so much. I know he’s still new to the league and his prime years are still ahead of him but sometimes you need to be a little more patient.

The United

His output is excellent in terms of numbers and the fact he’s always at the heart of everything good we do. However, he has to stop with giving the ball away so much. I know he’s still new to the league and his prime years are still ahead of him but sometimes you need to be a little more patient.
I think every other players are a bit too patient for my liking. It is why we are pretty shit against low block teams.

Paul_Scholes18

His form is a bit of a worry. Not the same standard since he joined us. Although he keeps scoring goals.
Pen misses is a worry as well. Should we give it to someone else?

Rossa

Why? He could easily have conceded a pen and missed one. His overall game today was meh.
Great post. So he nearly conceded a penalty - in fact he stole the ball away from the attacker and easily could have prevented a goal. He didn't miss the penalty. He actually scored from it. The goalie would not have saved that if not for jumping two yards off his line. His overall game was a little meh, but he still put some through ball is that were world class, on top of two passes to Martial and Rashford that should both have resulted in goals if not for poor finishing and good goalkeeping. If that is meh, then OK...

pascell

So many miss placed passes it's really irritating to watch.
As I've said before penalties are clouding peoples judgment on him.
He is good but he is not as good as the CAF portrays him to be.
Out of 20 killer balls maybe 3 makes it forward it becomes to much at a certain point.
He needs to learn how to keep it simple at times.
Playing 20 killer balls is still 20 killer balls more than anyone else. We'd be devoid of all ideas without him, yes he has spells of being poor with the ball but he still comes up with the goods when asked upon and our only player with that bit of class that unlocks these low block defences.

We wouldn't have needed his penalty as the winning goal if Martial and Rashford finished their chances that, oh yeah, Fernandes put on a plate for them.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I do wonder if he'd be a bit safer with his passes if he thought his teammates could create a single chance without him. As things stand he knows if he doesn't create anything then we won't score, so he tries pulling off some crazy things when a safer option is on.

I think we need to get Cavani and VdB into the first team to get some creativity and ruthlessness into our play.

The United

His form is a bit of a worry. Not the same standard since he joined us. Although he keeps scoring goals.
Pen misses is a worry as well. Should we give it to someone else?
You must have pretty high standard. The guy is topping all charts in our team.

I mean I would still take the current Bruno. I don't know where the other Bruno that you were talking about.

Probably does not exist.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That's like being worried that a striker fails to score if an opposition defender blocks it with his arm.

If there's an infringement its an infringement.

Bruno wasn't great tonight but everything of note from us went through him.
i thought he was great. If we had better strikers, we could have won 4-0 home and dry just from his "assists". I mean, I don't think even KdB could have been better in terms of productivity on this game.

Davie Moyes

Great post. So he nearly conceded a penalty - in fact he stole the ball away from the attacker and easily could have prevented a goal. He didn't miss the penalty. He actually scored from it. The goalie would not have saved that if not for jumping two yards off his line. His overall game was a little meh, but he still put some through ball is that were world class, on top of two passes to Martial and Rashford that should both have resulted in goals if not for poor finishing and good goalkeeping. If that is meh, then OK...
Absolutely this.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I think every other players are a bit too patient for my liking. It is why we are pretty shit against low block teams.
Yeah I get it but sometimes we’re in a good position and he tries some nonsense that obviously isn’t going to come off

The United

Yeah I get it but sometimes we’re in a good position and he tries some nonsense that obviously isn’t going to come off
I am a little more worried with strikers missing good chances that he created from than him trying some 'nonsense' though.

Chicharito_

I think it's fair to say that the others in that front line are not worthy to play with Mr Fernandes.

Martial when he was LWF refused to make that run behind the defence cutting inside, it's like he knows he doesn't have the pace to actually make that run. Always just wants it to feet so annoying.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I must have been watching a different game to everyone else? Thought he was great, an endless source of creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.