Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Using Transfermarkt data...
So a total of 16/64 = 25%.

For reference Lampard had a ratio of 15/61 (24.6%), Ballack had a ratio of 7/49 (14.3%) and Gerrard had a ratio of 15/57 (26.3%) during their respective 3 year goalscoring peaks for Chelsea, Leverkusen/Bayern and Liverpool from 2005—08, 2001—04 and 2007—10.
Ah so I was close!
3 in his first season and 7 in 19/20 (I said 10-12 so I was close enough :lol:)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I mentioned in another post that I thought our players celebrated a bit too much after that second goal, so this makes me happy. It may seem like a bit of a dick thing to complain about but the job was only half done at the time.
It really boils down to mentality, players like Bruno have a ferocious inner mentality to win. Fergie would have loved him.

To be fair, mentality can be learned or improved, but you need role models like Bruno to show you the way. We are so lucky to have him as he can show our young squad how to improve in so many technical and mental aspects of football.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Says more about our striker options though. When you have a clear striker occupying defenders, things become easier for Bruno as no 10 and he gets the space. When it's Martial he comes short and occupies the same space as that of Bruno and that makes things difficult.

Place Bruno in the Liverpool lineup you will see similar complaints but put him in the Spurs line up and he will just thrive playing off Kane.
When you think that Spurs had him in their grasp, and they dithered over his cost... Phew, thanks Spurs!

Web of Bissaka

Yup.

Celebrating scoring the equalizer are just trash mentality, it's the things we mocked the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool many times long ago. They seriously celebrated getting a draw? :lol: My gahd what the hell. It's freaking league man, and there's plenty of times remaining. Embarrassing when our players did it.

But benefit of a doubt, to be fair, Cavani came from a team with suspect mentality so okay...

cyberman

Yup.

Celebrating scoring the equalizer are just trash mentality, it's the things we mocked the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool many times long ago. They seriously celebrated getting a draw? :lol: My gahd what the hell. It's freaking league man, and there's plenty of times remaining. Embarrassing when our players did it.

But benefit of a doubt, to be fair, Cavani came from a team with suspect mentality so okay...
I remember Ronaldo doing this with Rio calling him back to hurry the feck up and get ready for kickoff

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Quite possibly his worst performance for us since joining.
Definitely his worst performance. Completely bottled the match. Choked. Worst moment was him chickening out of the 1 v 1 after the long pass in the first half.

arnie_ni

Definitely his worst performance. Completely bottled the match. Choked. Worst moment was him chickening out of the 1 v 1 after the long pass in the first half.
Should have buried that. Duno what came over him.

The United

He should be more selfish in that kind of situation.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Should have buried that. Duno what came over him.
Like I said he chickened out. Bottled it. There's no excusing an attacking player for not taking that on. Pathetic really.

I know I'm being a bit OTT but Bruno's meant to be our leader and is constantly talking that talk. When you do that you gotta walk the walk. He usually does. However, tonight he let himself get punked out. Simple as.

TsuWave

Criminal today. When his shoot and inshallah thing doesn't come off he looks incredibly average. Played against us all game.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Hmm. To be honest it wasn’t any worse than a lot of games he has without any output. Some good passes and a nice lay off for Martial. When he isn’t scoring or assisting people will always say he had a bad game. He needs to improve overall but he’s always trying to make things happen.

Idxomer

We haven't seen a big game performance from him this season, disappointing and weak display tonight.

cyberman

He wasnt that bad. We kept possession and were walking it up the pitch getting at their back 4 at will so he didnt have to try his rushed forward balls

Nick7

I saw him give out and his head drop 10 minutes in. Was expecting the worst from there.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
When he is bad it just stinks. Ole should have brought VDB or Pogba at half time.

Irwin99

Lingard-esque performance tonight sadly. I can't help but think he's injured or could do with a rest.

Rajma

What the hell, some of you guys are insane. Carries the whole team for the whole year has an off game and people are on his back right off...

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Seriously people don't want a Grealish type of transfer? Both Fernandes and Rashford are brilliant players when on song but their low level is really low. One thing I am curious about is that how Bruno came with such reputation of scoring goals and yeah he's scored many for us, but most of them are pens and often he's around the box and shies away from shooting, he should try his luck more, when you see someone like Martial who can't score other than sidefooting it from within the box or Rashford himself taking too many touches. Make them shoot Ole more!

Idxomer

Seriously people don't want a Grealish type of transfer? Both Fernandes and Rashford are brilliant players when on song but their low level is really low. One thing I am curious about is that how Bruno came with such reputation of scoring goals and yeah he's scored many for us, but most of them are pens and often he's around the box and shies away from shooting, he should try his luck more, when you see someone like Martial who can't score other than sidefooting it from within the box or Rashford himself taking too many touches. Make them shoot Ole more!
The team needs a player to be trusted with the ball consistently, our forwards and Bruno are just too careless with the ball.

RooneyLegend

Grealish is significantly better than anyone we have in this side. Sign him up and figure the rest later.

kundalini

Astonishingly poor tonight. Made awful choices through-out the match, wasting several good openings. Struggled to control the ball at times. Only good moments I noticed were his flick to Martial after Cavani's chip hit the bar and a decent link-up that led to Rashford's left-foot shot that was easily saved in the first half.

Tame header saved after Maguire's cross got deflected; couldn't generate any power due to the lack of pace on the cross by the time it arrived to him.

No idea why he didn't shoot after Martial's super long pass to him at the end of the first half; Cavani wasn't even in position to receive a pass as a PSG player had over-taken him. Terrible idea, rubbish execution.

On 2nd viewing I noticed another poor choice when he could have set up McTominay for a shot in the 2nd half with a simple pass had he played it earlier but delayed so long that a PSG player got back to block the passing channel.

Such a strange performance from him.

Last edited:

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
So grateful for his contributions since joining us, but he is a really strange player. People talk about forwards who don't contribute much if they don't get on the scoresheet, I almost feel the same with Bruno if he doesn't get a goal or an assist. Fortunately for us it doesn't happen often. Really needs to tighten up in possession though and I'm not talking about him losing it when trying a killer pass, his short passes when we're recycling possession are unnecessarily sloppy.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Like I said he chickened out. Bottled it. There's no excusing an attacking player for not taking that on. Pathetic really.

I know I'm being a bit OTT but Bruno's meant to be our leader and is constantly talking that talk. When you do that you gotta walk the walk. He usually does. However, tonight he let himself get punked out. Simple as.
For feck sake - why does losing bring all the idiots out

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was really really bad today. They put Danilo right on him and never gave him a second to breath, had him physically push him around. On top of it, he also looked a bit tired today and everything was a bit off (again, not surprising since he plays the entirety of every game for us). Said at half time we should've taken both Fred and him off for Pogba and Matic and obviously further justification after the game.

Should rest him on the weekend to have him fresh for Leipzig.

PoTMS

I've just realised he's a bit like Salah. Puts up amazing figures and has some great individual match winning moments but he's piss poor for like 90% of each game.

predator

Youth NITK
Laughable to slate this man. Granted, he wasn't the motm, as usual, but he still looked dangerous and was always involved in the game. The problem tonight was how well PSG dealt with him. They kind of nullified him which is to their credit.

If you expect Bruno to be our best player and pull us out the shit every single game then I would confidently say you haven't played football that much.

Shocking tonight. Bottling that one on one was very unlike him.
the return of the word “bottle”!

some supporters really need to get a grip, and stop forensically analysing every game.

clearly he had a bad game. He didn’t bottle it. The man has been brilliant for us, and has an off day. Fans swoop in and criticise.

Bwuk

PSG just marked him out the game and forced us to play through Fred/McTominay. Our over reliance on Bruno is the issue.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
PSG just marked him out the game and forced us to play through Fred/McTominay. Our over reliance on Bruno is the issue.
Agree 100 % and Ole did nothing to counter it. He had a very strong bench to pick up yet he did nothing .

Tuchel just changed the formation to 352 and immediately they got an opening which they scored from the subsequent corner.

We are just reactive.

ti vu

Bruno just had one of those games where he himself made bad decisions. For example, He could have taken the shot instead trying to laying it up for Cavani. Or in Neymar second goal, bring Neymar down with a foul.

PSG strategy to contain him, exposing themselves in other area of the pitch. It's a worthy trade for his silent dominance, since we exploited that plenty. Just other players failing to convert the chance that ultimately comes back to bite us in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.