Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He was really terrible today, unfortunately.
If martial wasn’t so shit we’d be discussing his touch that set him up.

Martial fecked up 2 chances at 1-1 and everyone is looking for scapegoats everywhere else.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Martial fecked up 2 chances at 1-1 and everyone is looking for scapegoats everywhere else.
There’s being a scapegoat and just having a crap game. He had a poor game.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
There’s being a scapegoat and just having a crap game. He had a poor game.
Doesn’t escape the fact that we’d all be talking about that touch had Martial scored.

It’s just the way our fickle fan base operates.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
PSG just marked him out the game and forced us to play through Fred/McTominay. Our over reliance on Bruno is the issue.
It's a often a problem, before we would rely on Pogba and then he would be targeted.

The difference with Bruno is, he is always seem to do something to get a goal or assist and today would've been the same had he just shot or Martial scored.

Canagel

Go and talk about Martial in the Martial thread. Bruno was crap, end of story

Teja

Was crap but he looks like he could use a rest. Hasn't even been running as much as he normally does. Maybe he was carrying a knock like Rashford was.

MS4

He can't play every game and i am sure he would accept being subbed if we were winning.

Web of Bissaka

PSG nullified him with heavy marks, yet he still joined the attacks and created stuffs up.

What's with the criticisms?
This time he trusted his teammates too much feeding them a lot instead of taking the chances himself, but as always they fecked up and wasted those valuable chances again.

Mcking

Honestly don't think he was much worse than his performance at Southampton. Just that he wasn't in the box to receive a Cavani cross and score.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Doesn’t escape the fact that we’d all be talking about that touch had Martial scored.

It’s just the way our fickle fan base operates.
I’m not being fickle. He was by no means the worst player on the pitch. He just had a relatively poor game by his standards. Which of course are very high. I’m not really having a go at him I’m just stating that I thought he had an off night.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Honestly don't think he was much worse than his performance at Southampton. Just that he wasn't in the box to receive a Cavani cross and score.
Agreed. We just have to accept that he will go for long periods in matches giving the ball away cheaply. But usually contributes with an assist or goal. Even yesterday, was poor for the entire game but should have had an assist (if Martial's finishing was better) and could have had a goal - still can't believe he didn't shoot when 1v1 on the half volley.

Maureen-yo

Agreed. We just have to accept that he will go for long periods in matches giving the ball away cheaply. But usually contributes with an assist or goal. Even yesterday, was poor for the entire game but should have had an assist (if Martial's finishing was better) and could have had a goal - still can't believe he didn't shoot when 1v1 on the half volley.
I agree with the outlook that he will give the ball away an awful lot but create chnaces/score goals. Why is that same logic not used for players such as Rashford who although scored and created two very good chances is slated for the same thing. Caf favouritism?

Andersons Dietician

I mean Martial was the one that played that ball to Bruno to put Bruno through which Bruno then fecked up soooooo swings and roundabouts. Martial chance was obviously a better oppertunity but that was more one hell of a block by Marquinos.

Bruno wasn't at the races and played pretty rubbish. He did look a little fatigued at times and did his usual wrong option thing at critical moments. Let’s face it, this is just how Bruno is going to be, give the ball away a lot and things are going to break down but he’s also the one who at any moment can make something out of nothing.

PSG just marked him out the game and forced us to play through Fred/McTominay. Our over reliance on Bruno is the issue.
There’d be no over reliance on Bruno if we also played VdB. Bruno would then not have to drop deep to try and get the ball, VdB would be able to play him though, and move forward to interplay with him.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Fecking hell some of the comments in this thread. Been our best player since he signed, hands down. We wouldn't have even qualified for the CL this season if it wasn't for him. He has carried the team so many times and came up with so many big moments to win games. He is entitled to have a bad game from time to time and not produce the goods. Honestly, some people are ridiculous.

RashyForPM

The criticism Bruno gets it unbelievable. He has been far and away our best player since his arrival. Go hammer Martial and Fred, but leave Bruno, even when he has the sudden poor game like against PSG. Without him, we’d be in the bottom half. Instead, we have the best PPG of anyone since his arrival. He has one weakness: giving the ball away too much. For me, if we had a striker who actually moved about instead of being static and useless (Martial), that would be somewhat negated too. Thankfully we have Cavani now and the ever-running Rashford.

HowieC

Wonder if other teams would start man marking him, knowing that fred and mctom aren’t serious attacking threats, and that martial and rashford aren’t consistent enough to take advantage of the space from bruno dragging a defender away

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The criticism Bruno gets it unbelievable. He has been far and away our best player since his arrival. Go hammer Martial and Fred, but leave Bruno, even when he has the sudden poor game like against PSG. Without him, we’d be in the bottom half. Instead, we have the best PPG of anyone since his arrival. He has one weakness: giving the ball away too much. For me, if we had a striker who actually moved about instead of being static and useless (Martial), that would be somewhat negated too. Thankfully we have Cavani now and the ever-running Rashford.
Come on :lol: , it's his thread. Those players get criticized much much more strongly in their respective threads. Bruno should be criticized like any player, as long as it's done fairly, even if he's by far our best player.

Canagel

Its amazing that his caf performance rating is just 6.4
His performance isn't that good. Only his output is. Without stats and spreadsheets covering for his performance it would be even lower than 6

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think the criticism of Bruno by some people shows that they need to take a step back from forums, football discussion and just enjoy the game.

This expectation of perfection will only lead to disappointment, perhaps you shouldn't watch United every week. If you watch another team you'll see the good and bad of different players.

If you go back and watch every minute of United in the 90s or 2000s you'll see the mistakes and the things that didn't work out for Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo etc.

RashyForPM

Come on :lol: , it's his thread. Those players get criticized much much more strongly in their respective threads. Bruno should be criticized like any player, as long as it's done fairly, even if he's by far our best player.
Imo, there must be some leeway when he is so much better than the rest and the sole reason why Ole is still in a job and we win a lot of games.

Pep's Suit

POTY between him and Kane so far. With another 3-4 players a step or two behind.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He wasn't at his best and people have got the knives out already. It's like they're happy he played badly so their criticism is proved correct?

Some fans will genuinely never be happy. We've got a player leading the goals/assists chart since he signed and they're wanting him out of the team for Grealish :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He wasn't at his best and people have got the knives out already. It's like they're happy he played badly so their criticism is proved correct?

Some fans will genuinely never be happy. We've got a player leading the goals/assists chart since he signed and they're wanting him out of the team for Grealish :lol:
And then Grealish comes and misplaces a pass and the cycle repeats.

Dve

I think Bruno COULD be the best nr. 10 in the world, but he has one significant weakness that he needs to work on, and that´s his possessional play. His pass accuracy has to improve, and I´m not talking about missed attempts at create, forward passes, but those very simple passes that he misses on more than he should. And I also think he too easily gets dispossessed. He looks a bit careful at times, and certainly does not jump into a tackle. But then again, I guess that´s also why he´s never injured.

cyberman

I think Bruno COULD be the best nr. 10 in the world, but he has one significant weakness that he needs to work on, and that´s his possessional play. His pass accuracy has to improve, and I´m not talking about missed attempts at create, forward passes, but those very simple passes that he misses on more than he should. And I also think he too easily gets dispossessed. He looks a bit careful at times, and certainly does not jump into a tackle. But then again, I guess that´s also why he´s never injured.
Whos is a better no 10 than Bruno?

Status
Not open for further replies.