Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
October 2019 was the last time Bruno went more than 2 club games without a G/A contribution. Before that, it was November 2018.

Outrageous player. :lol:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Best player in the Prem since he joined. I mean just look at his stats and overall workrate. Talks for itself really. To think you’d get two Bruno’s for the price of one Havertz is something.

CiroDiMarzio

RedCafe has given him a season average rating of 6.4. I don't think even prime CR7 would have crossed 8 on here.
This is just complete insanity! I dunno whether there was always a massive disconnect between eFans and people who regularly watch football as spectators, but it really seems like YouTube compilations have twisted people's understanding of football matches.

Bruno is up there with the best players in the world over the last 12 months. If you can't see that you don't know what you're watching I'm afraid.

eire-red

This is just complete insanity! I dunno whether there was always a massive disconnect between eFans and people who regularly watch football as spectators, but it really seems like YouTube compilations have twisted people's understanding of football matches.

Bruno is up there with the best players in the world over the last 12 months. If you can't see that you don't know what you're watching I'm afraid.
Youtube comps. have definitely overrated the showpiece players. Bruno gets a lot of stick for giving the ball away, but you'd take his ambition and intent over Lingard and Pereira every day of the week.

It's kind of like when I see people saying Rashford has terrible ball control and can't dribble, comparing him to others who are better in those wide positions at weaving between players. But if you look back at how many two touch finishes Rashford has had over the last few seasons, and how he always seems to set himself with that first touch (SHU, West Ham and Newcastle recently come to mind) then you realise that's just not the case.

Showpiece players like Saint Maximin and to an extent Traore look so good in highlight reels, but you watch how great players like Bruno effect a game for 90 minutes and you see the difference.

The Leeds game was a perfect example actually. Someone like Phillips is hugely overrated in my opinion, and deep lying players will often look better in videos I think because they generally have a picture of the game ahead of them and consistently have more time on the ball.

If you look back on the game and look at how Bruno completely took him out of the game, time and time again with a lay off, or a back heel, it happened over and over. Those moments will never make it into Bruno's top moments, but it's just a example of the player he is. The way he sucked Phillips in again and again shows the difference between average players, and the real world class players. With one touch he repeatedly took the only screen that Leeds defence had out of the game and opened up the game for us time and time again.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
At this point he's right up there with the best club signings in the past 20 years. Ronaldo, Rio, Rooney, right up there in that echelon.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Let’s wait until we win something
If he continues this type of output he doesn't need to win anything. I mean I'd like him to, preferably 4 titles this season. As a individual performer he's doing the Lords work. The team wins titles, but I'm not judging Bruno's impact on titles alone.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
If he continues this type of output he doesn't need to win anything. I mean I'd like him to, preferably 4 titles this season. As a individual performer he's doing the Lords work. The team wins titles, but I'm not judging Bruno's impact on titles alone.
If it achieves nothing then he can’t be placed with Ronaldo, Rooney, Rio. Who were major factors in us winning trophies.

Zulink

Still think he can improve and he need a better winger and St and another good cb, so we get more controll

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
If it achieves nothing then he can’t be placed with Ronaldo, Rooney, Rio. Who were major factors in us winning trophies.
In fairness, they were all playing together under the best manager ever, which did help.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Bruno didn’t also have Scholes, Giggs, Keane, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, RVP etc. Put prime Rooney or Rio in this team instead and put Bruno in the teams of the past and Bruno wins shit loads of trophies and Rooney and Rio win none.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Bruno didn’t also have Scholes, Giggs, Keane, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, RVP etc. Put prime Rooney or Rio in this team instead and put Bruno in the teams of the past and Bruno wins shit loads of trophies and Rooney and Rio win none.
In your opinion

eire-red

Fergie would have loved Bruno. For me, he plays very similar to the second striker role SAF utilised Cantona in, with licence to roam and his only responsibility to hurt the opposition.

Seeing Fernandes deliver every week makes you remember how good Rooney, Ronaldo, van Persie etc. truly were, and how long it has been since we've had a truly top player that you can rely on week in, week out. Rashford is nearly there as well, just need one more attacking player with that consistency and we're not far off.

Chief123

The guy is ridiculous.

Its scary to think it wasn’t long ago we had Lingard as our main player in Bruno’s position. Lingard was the complete opposite with 1 goal and 0 assists last season!

SAFMUTD

RedCafe has given him a season average rating of 6.4. I don't think even prime CR7 would have crossed 8 on here.
It has to do with the fact that even when he plays badly he contributes with a goal or assist. When we win his rating will be high, when we lose it won't. He's one of those players who's "the end justifies the means" applies perfectly, he losses the ball multiple times even the simplest passes but you can rely that at least once he's going to bring the magic out and create that special chance or score and by then all his other mistakes are forgotten since its well worth it when we win. But when we lose the sentiment of "he could have done better" gets to all of us and hence why the low grades.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
It's because most people rate players based on their emotions and not an actual system that considers results and performance.

edit: checks 'your average rating' for Bruno....6.2

Never mind. :nervous:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The guy is ridiculous.

Its scary to think it wasn’t long ago we had Lingard as our main player in Bruno’s position. Lingard was the complete opposite with 1 goal and 0 assists last season!
This was the reason for our inconsistent season last year, imo. We still have problems, but Bruno has solved so many. He basically replaced Lingard, Pereira, Pogba and added a sprinkle of Ronaldo on top of it to make sure the place was his.

I think he is the best player in the league along with Mané and a few others.

Red00012

Crazy to think that Lingard occupied his position for so long with no involvement with goals or assists

Chief123

This was the reason for our inconsistent season last year, imo. We still have problems, but Bruno has solved so many. He basically replaced Lingard, Pereira, Pogba and added a sprinkle of Ronaldo on top of it to make sure the place was his.

I think he is the best player in the league along with Mané and a few others.
It’s crazy to think it was only a year ago we were playing

Lingard Pereira Mata

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It’s crazy to think it was only a year ago we were playing

Lingard Pereira Mata
Yes. I was quite remarkable we went into the season with those players along with others, such as Young, Jones etc. Horrendous window, considering a few things like Matic looked lost, Pogba was inconsistent. Midfield was so weird. I think Ole has done very well with the squad at his disposal since then. Can't forget that McTominay was unproven at the level he is playing at now, and Fred was a flop at that point. Rashford and Martial's first season as the leading players in their position. He has done well with developing the team into what it is now. Bruno plays a huge part but everyone has improved from where we was. We seriously need to invest to make up for the lack of business the past few windows though if we are to improve further.

kidbob

I'll not only echo what was said about him being the best player in the League but go further in that he is one of the top five players in the World.

Member 120012

I don't like Bruno is better than this or that from the past. We all know he is invaluable to this team having suffered linguard etc for a few years. Just happy folks we had those players in the past and now we have Bruno today. A few clinical signings and we will go places that is for sure. But the delays and in the transfer window has to stop and stop now. Identify who we need and just buy him, end off, no messing around. This United team could be further ahead had we actually bought Bruno when he was first identified.

Chief123

RVP. For two years (one at Arsenal. And one at United), he was the best striker in the world (if you exclude Messi and Ronaldo). But doesn’t make your point less valid.
Although I loved RVP, I would have to say Aguero and Suarez were possibly the best striker(s) in the world at that time.

MattyB1986

Bruno is amazing. So lucky to have him here, and we haggled for months/year in typical fashion. :lol:

Web of Bissaka

The squad and seasons are so fun now with this guy at the centre key of it :drool: it's like when Zlatan is around pre-injury. It makes you looking forward to every games and be proud of seeing the games at least, had fun and admire their football talents at best. Best of all, you started to believe that just maybe, we're finally going to win trophies! They gave you that confidence. It's good.

Web of Bissaka

I think we're going to win at least one, any of the 3 small trophies at least (FAC, LC, EL) with Bruno. So far he had half a season to carry this team as far as 2 semis in those competitions. It's just a matter of time.

Point is even if we switch Bruno with either one of Rooney or Rio, I'm sure even Rooney and Rio will win at least one small trophy with this squad. It's already strong enough.

Winrar

I would gues people get emotional when we don't get a result we want and often give players much lower scores than they "deserve" like a 1 or 2 when those scores are reserved for true horror shows like David Luiz vs Germany.

chb23

Is he the only player we've bought recently who will have actually appreciated in value???

Status
Not open for further replies.