6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

His carelessness on the ball played a big part in their first goal, but he made Rashford's goal, put another on a plate for him and scored what should have been the winner, at the end of the day you have to have the defensive players to step in when your creative Maverick makes an error, we don't.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s not like he was even that careless to be honest. They pressed him quickly and he had zero outlets going forward. He tried to kick it away and it rebounded luckily to their players.

in hindsight he should have turned backwards to try to find a team mate or just kick it out off play, but he would never beat ndidi physically.

anyway, a mistake every now and again is normal, he’s more than made up for it over and over again.

RedDevilzFox

It was an attempt to nutmeg the guy pressing him and quickly move the ball up. There were no quick passing options to his left or right (that I could see). Probably not the right sort of stunt to pull in that position near your box but Bruno probably thought he could get the attack going.

In every game Bruno is putting out at least couple of sitters for our strikers, not to mention scoring goals himself. If that doesn't buy you some goodwill with the fans, not sure what does. It happens, move on.

Bobski

It is the constant runs he makes into dangerous positions. His productivity is not a fluke, continue to put yourself into those spots and opportunities will come. When you have great talent as well, good things are going to happen. No-one else in the squad can reproduce that, VDB lacks the aggressiveness and decisiveness and Pogba can't make that quantity of runs.

RUCK4444

It’s not like he was even that careless to be honest. They pressed him quickly and he had zero outlets going forward. He tried to kick it away and it rebounded luckily to their players.

in hindsight he should have turned backwards to try to find a team mate or just kick it out off play, but he would never beat ndidi physically.

anyway, a mistake every now and again is normal, he’s more than made up for it over and over again.
Yeah he didn’t really have a passing option, they pressed him well and he instinctively went for the nutmeg, he could have kicked it out of play but he’s just not that sort of player (which is a good thing.)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Rooney scored a goal and own goal in the same match against Stoke years ago and I did not see any complaints back then. Why? because we won.

bsCallout

Was it Rashford that was well out of position not offering an outball?

We have this problem quite a lot, we dont have an easy ball to play from the back when we are defending. Often having too many dropping deep. Which is amazing when we have 6 defensive players on the pitch.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Was it Rashford that was well out of position not offering an outball?

We have this problem quite a lot, we dont have an easy ball to play from the back when we are defending. Often having too many dropping deep. Which is amazing when we have 6 defensive players on the pitch.
Spot on mate. This is a reoccurring theme so we should come up with a couple of standard ways to solve certain issues. For instance if we play out the back and a team presses tight we're probably going to hoof it at some point, then Martial or Rashford should move close together when AWB is pressed and he can play a ball blind and they'll have a fighting chance of winning the ball and create a counter. We should practice a few moves like that because it's just random what we do, and we make mistakes. We lack some structure and discipline.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don't think I'll ever understand why Bruno wasn't signed up by another elite European team before Ole found him

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He’s an absolute dream of a player. He just ticks every box.

Holocene

I don't think I'll ever understand why Bruno wasn't signed up by another elite European team before Ole found him

I'm surprised at how good his English is. He's able to articulate himself well.

Mr Smith

I'd be very surprised if he isn't a manager one day. His mentality plus his understanding of the game; he seems made for it.

Mr PG

I previously said Bruno is better than both Scholes and Giggs and got called a few names here. I don't remember a United player with Bruno's sort's of numbers. He's better than Ronaldo ever was for us but I expect to be called a few names for that as well . Ronaldo used to struggle in big games. He improved in that aspect as time went on but Bruno's performances are just insane.
Best player in the premier league...better than KDB by some margin and the numbers prove it.

His numbers would be even better if not for Martial and Rashford missing absolute sitters like that header against Leicester. Cavani came on and you can see Bruno instantly go up a few levels as he had someone on his level he can dovetail with.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Pogba and Scholes : talking shit against each other (with the former hiding behind his agent)
Scholes and Bruno : mutual respect, even Scholes says Bruno is better than him

Spot the difference. Drama vs quality.

Last edited:

joker00

Pogba and Scholes : talking shit against each other (with the former hiding behind his agent)
Pogba and Bruno : mutual respect, even Scholes says Bruno is better than him

Spot the difference. Drama vs quality.
You mean Bruno and Scholes in the second one?
I cannot but agree with the drama issue

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The Ginger Prince is being so modest here. We did may have won more trophies if we had Bruno type (instead of Veron, for instance).

littleman

I think Bruno as an AM was better than Scholes as an AM despite it being really quite different threats (Scholes with mostly shots outside the box, while Bruno is more dynamic).

But Bruno as a CM vs. Scholes as a CM is a different topic and about control of the game. Bruno still has 5 years at the top so we'll see how he evolves.

Renegade

I think Bruno as an AM was better than Scholes as an AM despite it being really quite different threats (Scholes with mostly shots outside the box, while Bruno is more dynamic).

But Bruno as a CM vs. Scholes as a CM is a different topic and about control of the game. Bruno still has 5 years at the top so we'll see how he evolves.
Wasn’t 2003 the only pure AM season Scholes had? I’d say the players you have to compare with Bruno is Rooney/Cantona.

Renegade

I previously said Bruno is better than both Scholes and Giggs and got called a few names here. I don't remember a United player with Bruno's sort's of numbers. He's better than Ronaldo ever was for us but I expect to be called a few names for that as well . Ronaldo used to struggle in big games. He improved in that aspect as time went on but Bruno's performances are just insane.
Best player in the premier league...better than KDB by some margin and the numbers prove it.

His numbers would be even better if not for Martial and Rashford missing absolute sitters like that header against Leicester. Cavani came on and you can see Bruno instantly go up a few levels as he had someone on his level he can dovetail with.
Bruno is incredible but numbers don’t determine if one player is better than the other. Do you rate Bruno higher than Iniesta & Zidane?

Zen86

It’s not fair to compare Bruno to Scholes, Giggs, or Ronaldo. Different players, different positions, different eras.

Bruno has very good numbers, but the current team is very much built around his strengths, and he gets a lot of leeway here. His goals and assists are the product of high risk football which can put us under considerable pressure at times. Not that it’s a criticism, just that he‘s by no means perfect or flawless.

The United

It’s not fair to compare Bruno to Scholes, Giggs, or Ronaldo. Different players, different positions, different eras.

Bruno has very good numbers, but the current team is very much built around his strengths, and he gets a lot of leeway here. His goals and assists are the product of high risk football which can put us under considerable pressure at times. Not that it’s a criticism, just that he‘s by no means perfect or flawless.
Great United sides always had high risk players though. SAF demanded it. Like Ole said as well.

Having X factor players excited the fans here in those great sides. Not the possession or tippy passing football.

Not that those football styles have anything wrong with them.

Raven

Love Bruno, think he's our best player, but I just can't understand how his touch and passing is so erratic. He could be so much better if he could tighten that up.

SuperiorXI

Love Bruno, think he's our best player, but I just can't understand how his touch and passing is so erratic. He could be so much better if he could tighten that up.
Because that's his game. You can't make those types of chances if you're more conservative with your passing, he's a player on the edge for 90 minutes.

Raven

Because that's his game. You can't make those types of chances if you're more conservative with your passing, he's a player on the edge for 90 minutes.
Nobody's game intentionally has shit first touches and amateurish passes scattered throughout. A lot of players touch and passing becomes tighter and more consistent as they get older, I doubt Bruno will be any exception. If he does that he could be our greatest ever midfielder

SuperiorXI

Nobody's game intentionally has shit first touches and amateurish passes scattered throughout. A lot of players touch and passing becomes tighter and more consistent as they get older, I doubt Bruno will be any exception. If he does that he could be our greatest ever midfielder
Of course it's not intentional, it's an unfortunate (but acceptable) by-product of his game. Players of his ilk typically give the ball away a lot.

Raven

Of course it's not intentional, it's an unfortunate (but acceptable) by-product of his game. Players of his ilk typically give the ball away a lot.
I agree it's an acceptable side effect given his productivity but can you imagine how dominant we could be if he learnt to hold onto the ball more competently.

Zen86

Great United sides always had high risk players though. SAF demanded it. Like Ole said as well.

Having X factor players excited the fans here in those great sides. Not the possession or tippy passing football.

Not that those football styles have anything wrong with them.
I agree. Exciting players are a big part of what Manchester United are. Every great United side has had household names, players with X factor, as you say.

It’s just a shame how some people here forget that, and distort it as “individual brilliance” and “carrying the manager”.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That’s literally his only weakness, I’ll take it.

people expect these players to be unstoppable robots with zero mistakes or weaknesses and it’s pretty stupid.

go back and watch all your heroes like cantona in a 90 minute match and they all made some pretty poor mistakes too.

Raven

That’s literally his only weakness, I’ll take it.

people expect these players to be unstoppable robots with zero mistakes or weaknesses and it’s pretty stupid.

go back and watch all your heroes like cantona in a 90 minute match and they all made some pretty poor mistakes too.
I'm not taking anything away from our best player, I'm just saying that if he improves his ball retention, he's probably the best midfielder in the world and we become a truly dominant team.

abraz79

Supports
Sporting CP
He's better than Ronaldo ever was for us but I expect to be called a few names for that as well . Ronaldo used to struggle in big games. He improved in that aspect as time went on but Bruno's performances are just insane.
Let's not forget that Cristiano Ronaldo was 18 years old when he moved to Manchester. Several less years of experience than Bruno Fernandes...

That being said, I like Bruno's style of play. He makes the forwards believe that he can pull off that magic through ball, trick pass or whatever. That makes them more active, because they know he will see them and play with them, instead of making them run and then just pass to someone else on the back or sides. Sure, he misses some passes. But if he didn't try those, he wouldn't get those great passes as well. His goals and assists aren't the result of conservative play.

Bruno Fernandes brought something valuable to the team. He's the player that everyone expects to do something out of ordinary. Makes the team less predictable and makes it more fun to watch the games, because we are always expecting something nice to happen. Do you remember not that long ago, when we watched games not expecting much?

Reactions: Sultan
Status
Not open for further replies.