6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

That's a pretty interesting point, I also feel we're not pressing as intensely as we usually would be because we're playing a game every 3 days. Next season I'm sure we'll see far more energetic pressing.
The problem though is not the effort or the energy, it's the efficiency and organisation of it. To be fair that applies to pretty much everything imo. Defence, attack, possession, tactics etc. It's not the intent is bad, it's the execution.

In any one off game our players are fitter and better technically than 80% of the league but we shouldn't be pressing 15-30 yards between players i.e large distances and chasing the ball with high intensity sprints across the pitch.

By default, our press is always going be 'decent' simpy because we're fundamentally superior but we're wasting huge amounts of energy doing it and hence why it's not sustainable or well coached at all.

I don't want to discredit Ole's good work but our approach to things are more about earnest application and straight forward tactics than nuance and sophistication. We're running our players into the ground. Partly because of the fixtures but mostly down to the inefficiency. This has happened throughout Ole's time here. His first 3 months where he let everyone run amok with freedom, then he told us we weren't working hard enough and wanted to get our players fitter over the summer. Start of 2019, we start blitzing teams with and then fall into a lull. Post lockdown, we blitz teams and again fall into a lull. This year it's a different order but the same problems exists.

croadyman

Feels really awful saying this but because of the marketing thing you get the impression that those yankee leeches would put in much more effort to keep Tony/Pogba than Bruno and that is such a sad state of affairs.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Feels really awful saying this but because of the marketing thing you get the impression that those yankee leeches would put in much more effort to keep Tony/Pogba than Bruno and that is such a sad state of affairs.
What the heck. He signed a 6+ 1 deal last year. Why the hell would you "put more effort" to keep a player who still got 5 years :confused:

croadyman

What the heck. He signed a 6+ 1 deal last year. Why the hell would you "put more effort" to keep a player who still got 5 years :confused:
Trust me when I say he is not the kind of guy to put up with a team just challenging for top 4 he deserves better than that

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This International break turned out pretty well with him starting one match and coming home early due to suspension. Primed for Brighton.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Unreal player. :drool:

It’s mental to think there’s still people out there who say he’s shite and only scores penalties.:houllier:
He's definitely had some scruffy games let's be fair, but he has the ability to pop up out of nowhere with an assist like at home to Milan. Players like that are just invaluable.

If he can just get his base game back to his best again he'd be unstoppable.

ShinjiNinja26

He's definitely had some scruffy games let's be fair, but he has the ability to pop up out of nowhere with an assist like at home to Milan. Players like that are just invaluable.

If he can just get his base game back to his best again he'd be unstoppable.
I think that’s just down to form though, the whole team is suffering from that at the moment. Playing in this relentless schedule of 2-3 games a week constantly is bound to take its toll sooner or later especially for a player like Bruno who plays in almost every minute of every game. Class is permanent and I’m sure he’ll be back to his best in no time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think that’s just down to form though, the whole team is suffering from that at the moment. Playing in this relentless schedule of 2-3 games a week constantly is bound to take its toll sooner or later especially for a player like Bruno who plays in almost every minute of every game. Class is permanent and I’m sure he’ll be back to his best in no time.
Yeah he's been running on empty, 3 games a week + travelling must be very difficult no matter how fit you are.

He genuinely looks like he's playing half asleep, but then I think that's on Ole not trusting the squad players like DVB to play more too.

Anyway, hopefully he's feeling rested for Brighton! hopefully with a bit of sun and a week off he'll be flying again.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Trust me when I say he is not the kind of guy to put up with a team just challenging for top 4 he deserves better than that
Calm down. He plays for Manchester United, it's most likely an honour for him to play for this big a club. Of course we need to keep improving but let's not overplay us not being deserving of our players.

youngrell

Yeah he's been running on empty, 3 games a week + travelling must be very difficult no matter how fit you are.

He genuinely looks like he's playing half asleep, but then I think that's on Ole not trusting the squad players like DVB to play more too.

Anyway, hopefully he's feeling rested for Brighton! hopefully with a bit of sun and a week off he'll be flying again.
To be fair, the whole period where Bruno and others really needed a rest, VDB was injured along with a few others we could have done with to help out with fatigue.

Teja

Was he any good for Portugal? No goals / assists it looks like.

Idxomer

I am just being realistic and sorry if that offends you
There's nothing realistic about it, he has a contract for another 5 years.

No one will offer the money United would want for him if he ever decides to leave. There's a reason Pogba stayed at the club all these years.

Water Melon

Bruno needed rest badly, so, hopefully, he got some. A fresh Bruno would mean more chances created, less turnovers made which is exactly what we need to finish second in the prem and win the EL.

SAFMUTD

There's nothing realistic about it, he has a contract for another 5 years.

No one will offer the money United would want for him if he ever decides to leave. There's a reason Pogba stayed at the club all these years.
I agree with you but if the player wants to leave there's always a way to twist the clubs hand. Its our job to keep Bruno happy by being competitive, I think we have almost lost Pogba because of that.

No worldclass player wants to spend his peak years winning nothing.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Simply amazing, all that at also add his amazing work ethic and leadership skills. Can't ask for more from him. Simply delighted to have him here.
He's great really, but those are some selective stats, if you look at how much he lost the ball for us or put us under pressure with a careless ball to set up a counter, he's not absolutely amazing. Great player but shouldn't escape criticism for his form last 2 and half month. It is absolutely expected form a main player of a team like Manchester United to put up the best stats. He's the highest risk taking player in our team so his stats will be obviously skewed.

I am also delighted to have him here, just need to take the burden of him and let him play more relaxed game, rotate him because there are games when you think Andreas Pereira would do better. But some palyers like him or Nani are like that. Hopefully Ole can identify that and doesnt let him burn physically and more importantly mentally.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Thing is, you take away his pens and his goals and his assists and his passing and his mentality and his leadership and his work rate what are you left with?

Robbie Boy

I love the default post after every game Bruno scores or assists in: "Was shite but still got a goal/assist".

How people can still type this is beyond me. Yes, he's not perfect but he's clearly a high risk player who reaps the rewards due to his high risk style. Sure, sometimes when it doesn't come off he won't look great, but considering his numbers, that's perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Oldyella

I love the default post after every game Bruno scores or assists in: "Was shite but still got a goal/assist".

How people can still type this is beyond me. Yes, he's not perfect but he's clearly a high risk player who heaps the rewards due to his high risk style. Sure, sometimes when it doesn't come off he won't look great but considering his numbers, that's perfectly fine.
Surely that's just another way of saying he was shite but got a goal/assist? He often does look like he can't pass a ball 5 yards in games, but its worth putting up with because his numbers are so good. He's always likely to pop up out of nowhere and rattle one in or set up someone with a beautiful cross.

Robbie Boy

Surely that's just another way of saying he was shite but got a goal/assist? He often does look like he can't pass a ball 5 yards in games, but its worth putting up with because his numbers are so good. He's always likely to pop up out of nowhere and rattle one in or set up someone with a beautiful cross.
Well the bolded bit was more referring to games in which he doesn't contribute. There are areas he can improve, definitely. But if there's a game he contributes a goal and assist and we win two nil, can that really be classed as a poor game? And btw, I strongly agree he needs to be less sloppy at times and that's with the easier passes.

SAFMUTD

He's great really, but those are some selective stats, if you look at how much he lost the ball for us or put us under pressure with a careless ball to set up a counter, he's not absolutely amazing. Great player but shouldn't escape criticism for his form last 2 and half month. It is absolutely expected form a main player of a team like Manchester United to put up the best stats. He's the highest risk taking player in our team so his stats will be obviously skewed.

I am also delighted to have him here, just need to take the burden of him and let him play more relaxed game, rotate him because there are games when you think Andreas Pereira would do better. But some palyers like him or Nani are like that. Hopefully Ole can identify that and doesnt let him burn physically and more importantly mentally.
Bruno has set his own bar so high that when he doesn't impact the game we all think he had a poor game.

As you say he is a high risk high reward player, so he misses many passes and chances until he gets the magical moment that changes the game. When it doesn't happen its disappointing but you just have to look at one of our games where he doesn't play to know how much impact he makes.

We are totally dull and toothless without him.

Robbie Boy

Thing is, you take away his pens and his goals and his assists and his passing and his mentality and his leadership and his work rate what are you left with?
:lol:

I mean, isn't this genuinely some logic you hear... The mind boggles.

Caesar2290

I find it funny when posters on here claim that Bruno is not going to stick around because he has ambitions. Don't get me wrong, the man is ambitious, but he's super loyal.

People forget that 1.5 years before signing for us, Sporting refused to pay his wages. When they mutinied against this, Bruno was one of the players that got roughed up by the Sporting ultras. He still chose to stay for another year and a half though,.

And now that he's at United where he is loved and appreciated and is the center of the team, he's going to pack his bags and leave?

I don't see it happening.

And you know this how?

Andreas Pereira?
And the comment of the day goes to :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.