6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Bruno should just shut up and carry on with the game. Does no good to the confidence of a player who is already so mentally fragile at the moment. Who was that ball intended for anyway? It just looks like Bruno got in James's way who was already taking it in his stride but then saw the Portugese charging in
Looks to me like the ball was going directly into the path of Bruno. Then James tries to control it, fails to do so, then realizes for the first time that Bruno is there. If James can't handle some harsh words after consistently putting in shit performances, particularly from someone who has carried us at times this season, then he really shouldn't be here.

ivaldo

I mean he clearly didn't. He took the touch and then very clearly stop because Bruno got in his way.
He clearly did. The ball goes over the top of his foot as he tries to control it with the outside. That's a poor touch in anyone's book.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I mean he clearly didn't. He took the touch and then very clearly stop because Bruno got in his way.
His touch went sideways and not infront of him as he got poor contact with the ball going over his foot. The touch was poor which is why he hesitated since the ball went in Brunos direction. If you see where he foot moves you can see where he intended the touch to go

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
He clearly did. The ball goes over the top of his foot as he tries to control it with the outside. That's a poor touch in anyone's book.
His touch went sideways and not infront of him as he got poor contact with the ball going over his foot. The touch was poor which is why he hesitated since the ball went in Brunos direction. If you see where he foot moves you can see where he intended the touch to go
Irrelevant
Hes still running on to it and clearly stop because of Bruno. If Bruno wasn't there he's through.

ivaldo

Irrelevant
Hes still running on to it and clearly stop because of Bruno. If Bruno wasn't there he's through.
Totally relevant. James shouldn't even be in that position in the first place.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Totally relevant. James shouldn't even be in that position in the first place.
I'm sure wenger scolded Adams when he scored that iconic goal against Everton cause he wasn't supposed to be there right

ivaldo

I'm sure wenger scolded Adams when he scored that iconic goal against Everton cause he wasn't supposed to be there right
True. How can we scold James for scoring such an incredible goal in our 1-0 win against Leeds?

The United

Bruno should just shut up and carry on with the game. Does no good to the confidence of a player who is already so mentally fragile at the moment. Who was that ball intended for anyway? It just looks like Bruno got in James's way who was already taking it in his stride but then saw the Portugese charging in
Well yeah, there is the problem then.

Bwuk

The issue isn’t Bruno.

McFred is. Leeds just let them have the ball and man marked Bruno.

Fred isn’t going to hurt you, and if you press him on his first touch there’s a chance he’ll lose it.

McTominay for all his qualities, is not a creative player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He would have done. Had Bruno not got in his way.
If he didn't touch it in the first place Bruno is away 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Acting like Bruno got in his way? James got in his way :lol:

KGBhoy

I think Bruno is tired. Not physically, but more mentally. He was extremely annoying with his complaining on Sunday. Just get on with the game!
He's still quality.

The United

If he didn't touch it in the first place Bruno is away 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Acting like Bruno got in his way? James got in his way :lol:
That's what I thought as well. It is weird to see people talk about it the other way.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He hasn’t played well in a while. I don’t get why Ole turns these players who are gone off form or look totally wrecked into martyrs. There’s no need to be playing Bruno in every single game. Take him out. Try something new so we can rest players or drop them if they aren’t at it. Refocus them. We are just flogging certain players to death no matter how they play or how fit they look.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He hasn’t played well in a while. I don’t get why Ole turns these players who are gone off form or look totally wrecked into martyrs. There’s no need to be playing Bruno in every single game. Take him out. Try something new so we can rest players or drop them if they aren’t at it. Refocus them. We are just flogging certain players to death no matter how they play or how fit they look.
I think he asks to play every game, from the bits I've read, but I agree. It's the managers job to tell him no.

Robindinho

I think Bruno is tired. Not physically, but more mentally. He was extremely annoying with his complaining on Sunday. Just get on with the game!
He's still quality.
Don’t mind it, the complaining to other players anyway - a winners/high standards mindset.

It’s got to be aggravating too, games like yesterday - with no Pogba and he’s the only creative spark, no one else on his wavelength (except Greenwood perhaps).
McFred behind, who both struggle to pass through the lines, meaning he has to drop deep. James in his usual headless chicken mode and Rashford head down, shoot on sight... Don’t blame him.

432JuanMata

I think he asks to play every game, from the bits I've read, but I agree. It's the managers job to tell him no.
If he doesn’t which I agree I think he does it’s all on Ole as he played the Sociedad 2nd leg and certain games that he was not needed. He needs a rest.
He hasn’t been the best lately but what he has done here in just over a year is impossible to keep up he has single handily dragged us too top 4 last year and through bad times this year. He needs a decent rest before the Euros

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
You’re reaching. It’s clear you’re being precious about Bruno being mentioned. To suggest anyone who doesn’t rate Bruno as highly as others should not mention him in a thread about footballers you don’t rate as highly as others is ridiculous.
Nah, you're getting me wrong. It was just about the thread. I don't rate Bruno that highly. I'd argue he's probably our second best player, after Rashford. For me Bruno is one of those players that has moments of genius, and enough that he will always be a threat even when he's out of form, but so far we've not seen consistency in his ability to control games which I think you need to be a great player in his position.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
In my opinion, he should have been shifted to left side yesterday and play VDB in that 10 role with Greenwood on the right and Rashford as a striker.

Bruno was man marked by Phillips yesterday. Normally, you see Pogba come to help to disturb the man marking on Bruno. If we are resting one of Pogba or Bruno then VDB must play. Simple, we need two creative players in that front four and James was just not good enough to be that creative player to help Bruno and provide services for Rashford & Greenwood.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If he doesn’t which I agree I think he does it’s all on Ole as he played the Sociedad 2nd leg and certain games that he was not needed. He needs a rest.
He hasn’t been the best lately but what he has done here in just over a year is impossible to keep up he has single handily dragged us too top 4 last year and through bad times this year. He needs a decent rest before the Euros
Obviously the single-handedly stuff is hyperbole, given the late season form of our entire front 3 for a start.

But I suspect we purchased Van de Beek with a view to having a proper rotational option for Fernandes, but he’s been so bad that we are significantly weakened by making that swap. I did feel that perhaps Pogba could have started at 10 instead against Leeds, but with Ramadan on we have to be careful with him.

Another point is that Bruno values statistics, and players who are driven by stats want to play every minute. The likes of Ronaldo and Kane are the same. Ruud was also like that.

Raven

Seriously? Single handedly dragged us?

He was the spark but other players such as Martial, Greenwood, Shaw, Lindelof and Pogba were all important during the run in. I would actually argue Martial was our best player post lockdown. To claim he single handedly did anything is seriously undervaluing our other players.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I remember watching clips of Bruno when we were linked with him and not being impressed by his close control, playmaking and dribbling. He didn't seem to have that class on the ball, and things like chance creation and goal scoring are hard to judge when it comes to lesser leagues. But he's obviously been phenomenal since he's come here, both in terms of mentality and especially his match winning impact, which is what I felt was hard to have faith in. Now, what's wlso clear is that despite his matching winning qualities, the former - close control, dribbling, ability in tight spaces and playmaking - are absolutely not his strengths, and it becomes even more obvious when his game is not on point. So really it's his challenge now to maintain a good level in those areas without being exceptional while maintaining his end product which is fanatastic. At the same time it's important that we acknowledge his limitations and don't let the team suffer, by ensuring our midfield has those qualities and we don't just become a team that's all about Bruno - boosted by his strengths and weakened by his flaws.

Eternitiy

Agreed. He acts like a bully too often in my opinion.

Cassidy

Irrelevant
Its totally relevant, if his touch isn't poor Bruno isn't in his way

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Its totally relevant, if his touch isn't poor Bruno isn't in his way
Not it's not even with the poor touch its still next to him and he's still running on to it ahead of the defender. What makes him stop is brunos interference

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

He was the spark but other players such as Martial, Greenwood, Shaw, Lindelof and Pogba were all important during the run in. I would actually argue Martial was our best player post lockdown. To claim he single handedly did anything is seriously undervaluing our other players.
Agreed. It shouldn’t be forgot that we bought Maguire and AWB in last year also who have massively improved our back four. The narrative around Bruno is incredibly positive, and so if you were to follow it everything we’ve done since he signed is down to him. The reality is he was brilliant post lockdown and has been up and down week to week since. Brilliant some games, brilliant numbers, but poor overall since January.

Cassidy

Not it's not even with the poor touch its still next to him and he's still running on to it ahead of the defender. What makes him stop is brunos interference
He is initially moving in a different direction to where the ball was going he adjusts, as Bruno also does at the same time. He doesn't take a poor touch there is no confusion.
Thats my last post on it

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Maguire's poorest spell was during the restart. He was poor or average. He was very good before lockdown and also very good after first games this season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How does that work when he clearly got there first ?
Because he's closer to the passer and not closer to the goal. Watch the video and see it for yourself it's not hard to understand.

Bruno is ahead of him by 2 yards or so, the ball is more naturally weighted for him and James takes it off him then leaves it behind.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Because he closer to the passer and not closer to the goal. Watch the video and see it for yourself it's not hard to understand.

Bruno is ahead of him by 2 yards or so, the ball is more naturally weighted for him and James takes it off him then leaves it behind.
James having to stretch is the reason why he couldn't control it. The ball headed in the opposite way to where he intended. I can't see how he thinks James is in a better position to receive that pass.

lsd

The Oracle
The way he has been playing the past couple of nonthes i would give my right arm to swap him with Lingard

CG1010

The issue isn’t Bruno.

McFred is. Leeds just let them have the ball and man marked Bruno.

Fred isn’t going to hurt you, and if you press him on his first touch there’s a chance he’ll lose it.

McTominay for all his qualities, is not a creative player.
I agree.. that's pretty much how teams have started setting up against us now. We badly need a creative midfielder.

CG1010

The way he has been playing the past couple of nonthes i would give my right arm to swap him with Lingard
And I would have given both my kidneys to swap Ronaldo with James Milner when he was at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.