Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We absolutely need a midfield upgrade so that Bruno can carry on the role he is playing. My biggest issue with him has always been his lack of involvement in the absolute centre of all of our play. But he is so decisive in the final third, we should probably just leave him to it up there. It would require the right partnership to pass a ball and control a game behind him, but the reward will be worth it.

romufc

He has shut his haters down who say he goes missing in semi finals.

He was incredible all game, the ball on the outside of the foot into the box as well.

How anyone can question him is beyond me, what a player we have.

We should all appreciate such talents at our club rather than keep finding faults.

Leethal

That's not team mentality. That's Cristiano stats and personal records focused. must be a Portuguese thing. He was immense though
He immediately said afterward it's about the team. I just didn't quote it. He was carrying on about winning trophies is the most important thing.

hubbuh

This guy is something else. An absolute winner with the talent to back it up and an infectious personality to boot. He'll go down as one of our most important transfers ever if we go on to win the big stuff. An inspired signing by Ole and the team. Incredible stuff.

Born2Lose

So glad he's at United, an absolute gem. Was great to see him with a huge smile on his face last night as he seems to take bad results very personally.

Hopefully a first EL trophy next month will give him the belief that the club is heading in the right direction and convince him to commit.

bsCallout

That's not team mentality. That's Cristiano stats and personal records focused. must be a Portuguese thing. He was immense though
He said in the interview that first and foremost he wants the team to win trophies but he also has personal goals and he always wants to do better than last season.

SATA

There was a moment at 1-1 I think it was when he scuffed his shot in the box when Rashford went on a run and played it to him. I would have expected him to finish that with style. What a waste that was but what a player

simplyared

Brilliant display from him. Involved in almost everything. My motm today if only by a pinch. Just wish he'd could cut some of his wingeing out. Grinds my gears if you know what I mean! :lol:

Raveneye

And some would argue a load of them where pens, who bloody cares! Phenomenal stats
Bruno has taken 21 penalties for Manchester United and missed one. So far, that puts him at 95.2% for converting penalties. Bruno is at the absolute elite level of penalty taking, arguably second best ever only after Le Tissier.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Bruno has taken 21 penalties for Manchester United and missed one. So far, that puts him at 95.2% for converting penalties. Bruno is at the absolute elite level of penalty taking, arguably second best ever only after Le Tissier.
From football on these shores I can think of Lambert and Graham Alexander who were phenomenal penalty takers.

Abroad I can think of Van Basten who was excellent. Del Piero seemed consistent too.

432JuanMata

From football on these shores I can think of Lambert and Graham Alexander who were phenomenal penalty takers.

Abroad I can think of Van Basten who was excellent. Del Piero seemed consistent too.
Baines for Everton scored 19/21 which was a great record too. Ironically Degea saved one of I’m correct and he is probably the worst keepers for penalties

OverratedOpinion

Could very realistically end up with 30 goals and 20 assists from midfield this season. From fecking midfield, the guy is a joke :lol:

He is not even one of those midfielders who scores a lot but is basically a striker. He never stops covering ground and does his defensive duties very well.

OverratedOpinion

Might be a controversial opinion but even as good as he is, I have Luke Shaw as player of the season for United.
I actually think that is fair and Luke Shaw has been nearly perfect all season. With that said I think you have to ask yourself if one of them had not been here at the start of this season who do you think would have had a bigger impact on how we have done so far?

Both of their backups are at a similar level (Telles and VDB) imo so I do not think it is that. I mean this as no insult to Shaw who is astoundingly good but I think the answer to the above question is pretty obvious.

Jezpeza

this was an excellent del piero pen

littleman

Is Bruno's G&A better than Lampard/Gerrard?

Those 2 were probably the G&A midfield machines of the EPL era

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Could very realistically end up with 30 goals and 20 assists from midfield this season. From fecking midfield, the guy is a joke :lol:

He is not even one of those midfielders who scores a lot but is basically a striker. He never stops covering ground and does his defensive duties very well.
If there ever was a perfect signing, it's him. Great value for money and started performing from the go.

Ole'sattheWheel

I remember not being too fussed when we signed him - just happy we got an upgrade on Pereira.
From his highlight reels I thought he looked good but I thought "eehhhhh, Portuguese league, and seemingly no-one else in for him. He'll be a decent mata-level signing in the long term"

How wrong I was. If he keeps this up it's legit MUFC legend stuff. What a player

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Nice to see he isn’t as tired as the caf says he is!

Raw

I remember not being too fussed when we signed him - just happy we got an upgrade on Pereira.
From his highlight reels I thought he looked good but I thought "eehhhhh, Portuguese league, and seemingly no-one else in for him. He'll be a decent mata-level signing in the long term"

How wrong I was. If he keeps this up it's legit MUFC legend stuff. What a player
I still remember all the worrying about his pass completion stats.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

The other way of reading it is he doesn’t know his own optimal physical state, he doesn’t recognise when he’s psychically tired but mentally alive, and he doesn’t recognise that tiredness contributes to more sloppiness. He’s just the kind of person that thinks he can shake it off, if he just tries that bit harder next time he’ll get it right, and time off the pitch can never help.

In which case he might need someone to manage his fitness for him. Of course he can play football every day of the week, the question is whether he can maintain his level while playing at that intensity. There’s good reason to doubt that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The other way of reading it is he doesn’t know his own optimal physical state, he doesn’t recognise when he’s psychically tired but mentally alive, and he doesn’t recognise that tiredness contributes to more sloppiness. He’s just the kind of person that thinks he can shake it off, if he just tries that bit harder next time he’ll get it right, and time off the pitch can never help.

In which case he might need someone to manage his fitness for him. Of course he can play football every day of the week, the question is whether he can maintain his level while playing at that intensity. There’s good reason to doubt that.
That’s a fair point. I guess we have employees who are supposed to lead in that area, and all indication is that they seem to agree with his assessment, as he keeps playing, even in dead rubbers.

Perhaps he’s just incredibly fit.

red_de_pologne

That’s a fair point. I guess we have employees who are supposed to lead in that area, and all indication is that they seem to agree with his assessment, as he keeps playing, even in dead rubbers.

Perhaps he’s just incredibly fit.
Or:

a) Ole doesn't have it in him to tell Bruno to sit out one or two games, when Bruno wants to play
b) Ole doesn't trust anyone to replace him in the team

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

The audacity of posters on here thinking they have a more mature and informed viewpoint than Bruno Fernandes. :lol:

RUCK4444

Great attitude.

Compare that to the constant babies like Bailly, Jones etc. Never ‘fit’ for selection and always an excuse to sit on their arse.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There’s definitely a wide range, physiologically, in terms of how much work will put a player in the “red zone”. That’s how the likes of Maguire and Fred seem so bomb proof. Ronaldo was the same. Almost never rested but never injured either. I think we can leave it in the hands lf the sports scientists at the club to know which players occasionally needs to sit a game out and which players are able to play every game without a downturn in performance or increased risk of injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.