7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

He’s basically everything I was expecting of Pogba. I know it’s early days but he looks a good player.

Shiva87

Different class. Tries the spectacular pass a little too often for my liking, but other than that a great performance.
Needs to keep trying those spectacular passes! Don't want him to become another Mata whose creativity has been coached out of him at United!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'd blame the PL summer transfer window for closing down early, if we got that Lukaku money, no doubt he would signed for us in the summer.

Luckily, he is here now. That mentality, reminded me of Keane himself. Teammates feck up? Scold the shit out of them.
Apaprently the PL is going back to the normal date for the end of the summer window in 2020. This experience didn't work out well when you're the only one doing it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
According to sky, the last time he missed a penalty was 4 years ago in Udinese.

Bruno Fernandes has scored each of the last 13 penalties he has taken in top-flight football (12/12 with Sporting CP and 1/1 with Man Utd) since missing for Udinese in April 2016.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Imagine we signed him last summer...

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He is the best player at United by some distance. Thinks and executes faster then the other players around him can figure it out.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Absolutely delighted with him. Performing way beyond my expectations.

Andersons Dietician

He can give the ball away as much as he wants with some of the things he was trying. Just great to have someone other than Pogba that’s see’s things, has the balls to try it and better yet the skill to do it.

Orchestrated pretty much everything good we did and already seems to be striking up something with Martial.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Literally can't wait for next season .... pre season drills with Bruno spraying the ball unto Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Sacho. :drool:

I can see Ole's vision ... its going to be a proper Manchester United team.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
We're a better balanced side now with him in the team. Longterm too, I do think it is best for him to have two midfielders behind to him who knows a thing or two about being aggressive and winning the ball, and at least one of them needs to be a great passer as well, unless we use another playmaker on the left like Odegaard.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Bruno doesn't need to be surrounded with quality players to perform, unlike someone else. Food for thought?
Sample is too small. Pogba has had a number of stormers for us too. Wait a bit, not the first time we build up a new player and once the honeymoon period is over he gets destroyed. Di Maria, Sanchez, darmian (yeah really. He came with a reputation and he was gettinf rave reviews on here for the first couple of months), etc etc.

The examples are endless since fergie.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Brilliant game yet again! Will be great to see him beside Pogba and behind a front 3 of Rashy, Martial and Greeny this season

Great stuff so far. Attitude looks spot on, no real arrogance but confident and has been demanding the ball from minute one (more so than any other signing we've had for as long as I can remember). Also demanding of the players around him, puts a shift in, plays the right passes, tries to make stuff happen. You can see players responding to him already with the movements they're making.

He's so positive on the ball, breath of fresh air compared to what we've had in his position and you can see the fans responding even when he tries a pass that leaves you scratching your head.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He can give the ball away as much as he wants with some of the things he was trying. Just great to have someone other than Pogba that’s see’s things, has the balls to try it and better yet the skill to do it.

Orchestrated pretty much everything good we did and already seems to be striking up something with Martial.
That is the point. We supposedly didn't fancy him because of his passing stats. Well I would rather have someone who takes a risk and wants to go forward than someone who passes backwards continuously. If that is what we have been judging midfielders on then no wonder we have been such a mess.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He has that X factor, that ability to create something out of nothing and can evoke a reaction from the team when everything seems flat. It might not always work out, but he’s so mentally strong, so unflinchingly confident, that he’ll try it again the next chance he gets.

Usually, players of his ilk have an arrogance to them, but not Bruno, he’s as willing to graft and put in the hard miles as anyone. He understands the core values of the club, he knows what it takes to be a success here, and he knows that if delivers the fans will love him for it.

NinjaFletch

It's incredible how much difference he makes.

Almost like having top players rather than the likes of Lingard and Pereira stinking up the joint makes a difference.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Watford and the likes have been our problem this season. So the performance is not to be underestimated.

As for him "losing the ball", he tries some very risky and difficult passes so I don't care. I'm tired of our sideways passes around the box.
I agree with your point.

flappyjay

Incredible vision, he spots a pass so quick and has the confidence to try give to a team mate. Obviously a high risk, high reward player but I would rather have that than midfielders who are quick to choose the safe option.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The funny thing is - if Pogba gave the ball away this much certain people would be screaming bloody murder.

The fact is though creative players DO give the ball away when attempting killer passes, it's just the way it is. Anyway now isn't the time to be comparing them, but I can't wait to see them in the side together, hopefully it can happen.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He was very. Good to see a player take risks, even if it doesn't come off. Those passes he was bending behind the full back were a constant threat. Nice to see a #10 on the pitch who isn't just a passenger.

Looks like he can handle himself too, considering he looks fairly lightweight. Holds the ball well under pressure, even against total cloggers like Watford.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The funny thing is - if Pogba gave the ball away this much certain people would be screaming bloody murder.

The fact is though creative players DO give the ball away when attempting killer passes, it's just the way it is. Anyway now isn't the time to be comparing them, but I can't wait to see them in the side together, hopefully it can happen.
Pogba suffers from being hyped up, one of the things I won't miss if he goes is the ability to pin the blame on him when things don't go right. Fernandes is in his honeymoon period, when he hits a bad patch the knives will be out for him.

We've such a lack of creativity that Fernandes can be forgiven for his mistakes, but once people get used to him they'll start criticising his mistakes more and more. Other players will look better, the grass will be greener...

Jinn

Just need Grealish and Sancho now

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pogba suffers from being hyped up, one of the things I won't miss if he goes is the ability to pin the blame on him when things don't go right. Fernandes is in his honeymoon period, when he hits a bad patch the knives will be out for him.

We've such a lack of creativity that Fernandes can be forgiven for his mistakes, but once people get used to him they'll start criticising his mistakes more and more. Other players will look better, the grass will be greener...
bingo. Thankfully though he’s settled in immediately so it lessens the strain. I don’t expect a goal and assist every game but he’s the type that will always be involved if we can find him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a player, played part in all 3 goals and created so many chances. His vision is brilliant.

3KDré

If we had a fully fit team, it would not look half bad. Imagine Martial Rashford and Greenwood being supplied by Pogba and Fernandes.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He’s amazing, easily our best player.

I can’t wait to see him link up with rashford, Plus it’d be good to see him playing with Pogba too don’t think that will ever happen though, hopefully Sancho in the summer too.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Looking good so far. Quick thinking, intelligent passing and real hunger to do well. Needs to keep it up though and not be dragged down by the journeymen around him.
I doubt if he came here thinking he would be that bit better than what he's working with but he must see it now.

Oldham

I just love his technique. Our best player today ( but I forgot about when picking MOM :nervous: )

crossy1686

career ending
What a fecking signing this lad has been so far! Exactly what we need, made a massive difference today, without him I doubt we would have won.
Credit where it’s due, we’ve done very well in the last two windows, really hope we crack on from here.

Virgil

Sample is too small. Pogba has had a number of stormers for us too. Wait a bit, not the first time we build up a new player and once the honeymoon period is over he gets destroyed. Di Maria, Sanchez, darmian (yeah really. He came with a reputation and he was gettinf rave reviews on here for the first couple of months), etc etc.

The examples are endless since fergie.
Sadly this is so true. The initial signs are very encouraging but we have had too many false dawns with players to go overboard at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.