Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
People crying because he is wasteful is funny. SO you prefer a guy like Lingard who just plays safe only to ultimately lose possession. Look at all the top teams, they have world class play makers who live on taking risks. Mata and Lingard play too safe for me and in Lingard's case you have a guy who has zero quality. I am eager to see how we look when both Pogba and Fernandes play together.
If people are crying about Bruno being wasteful, then they don't understand football. Messi constantly gives the ball away at Barca. He can lose the ball 16 times in 1 half sometimes.

Bruno is always going to be 'wasteful'. Same as Pogba before him. It's not a bad thing. The top creative players are actively encouraged to take any risks with the ball. With City for instance, Silva & Gundogan balance De Bruyne's risk-taking, the team is setup to control the majority of the possession, and they have a fouling system where they harass the opponent as soon as possession is lost to mitigate more of the risk.

It's just nonsense.

AshRK

If people are crying about Bruno being wasteful, then they don't understand football. Messi constantly gives the ball away at Barca. He can lose the ball 16 times in 1 half sometimes.

Bruno is always going to be 'wasteful'. Same as Pogba before him. It's not a bad thing. The top creative players are actively encouraged to take any risks with the ball. With City for instance, Silva & Gundogan balance De Bruyne's risk-taking, the team is setup to control the majority of the possession, and they have a fouling system where they harass the opponent as soon as possession is lost to mitigate more of the risk.

It's just nonsense.
Exactly and I would prefer to have a player to misplace 2 o 3 passes and deliver some quality passes and take risks rather than a player who just refuses to play those killer passes and just kill all the attack every time.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Exactly and I would prefer to have a player to misplace 2 o 3 passes and deliver some quality passes and take risks rather than a player who just refuses to play those killer passes and just kill all the attack every time.
Absolutely. The players who can open up defences in an instant and provide the magic are what football's all about to me. After all, how are you going to score goals without taking risks to begin with?

croadyman

Heard a rumour from someone tonight that Bruno was doubtful for Sun,hopefully there is absolutely nothing in this at all

Last edited:

croadyman

Who, someone down the pub?
A mate of mine who is from Manchester and I have known for years, personally I have heard absolutely nothing about him being a doubt for Sunday so going to take this with a pinch of salt

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
You seem to be conflating his general ability with his performance last night. He was good but not as good as in previous games.

And he was poor in certain areas which was surprising. Getting caught in possession, and misplacing easy passes. I felt he was complacent.
Vs Everton as well at times they were really trying to give him a rough time with fouls and intense pressing. But he managed.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Good player becomes complacent and misses extremely simple 5 yard passes

Normal Redcafe Poster: It would be good if he could work on that aspect of his game

Fanboy: u stupid, he is taking big big risks and u don't understand football.

Xaviboy

So good to have someone take risks with there passing instead of hesitating and turning back to play a backward or sideways pass. We have seen too much of that over the years and we all complained. Throw in Pogba this season with Bruno and then throw in Grealish or Sancho for next season then we can be entertained with creativity hopefully.

Highfather_24

I cant wait for him to have Pogba play alongside him. Having the likes of Pogba and Bruno in midfield alongside one of Fred/McTominay will be a really dominant midfield. Having the likes of Martial, James, Greenwood and Rashford(when back) in front of them is just :drool:

Imagine this team :

---------------DDG
AWB----Vic---Maguire--Shaw
--------Scott----Pogba
Mason--Bruno--Rashford
----------- Martial

With the likes of James, Ighalo and Fred on the bench. Its a good team.

Reactions: Invictus

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Good player becomes complacent and misses extremely simple 5 yard passes

Normal Redcafe Poster: It would be good if he could work on that aspect of his game

Fanboy: u stupid, he is taking big big risks and u don't understand football.
It's a feature of his game, hence the early discussions in this thread, this post from a Sporting fan describing why, and this very straightforward stat:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
People crying because he is wasteful is funny. SO you prefer a guy like Lingard who just plays safe only to ultimately lose possession. Look at all the top teams, they have world class play makers who live on taking risks. Mata and Lingard play too safe for me and in Lingard's case you have a guy who has zero quality. I am eager to see how we look when both Pogba and Fernandes play together.
Nobody is crying and nobody prefers Lingard.

Bruno could refine his game slightly and be even better - which he will.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

It's just nonsense.
Clearly you have not heard of the low risk, high return philosphy.

croadyman

Would have been great to have had Pogba available for this game as it could mean City focused on him leaving space for Bruno or vice versa, however without him I have this real fear that they will shut Bruno down and totally blunt us creatively

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

It's just nonsense.
I mostly agree, but there is a time and a place to take those kinds of risks. The further up the field you are and the more teammates you have behind you, the more you can take risks. Pogba has been somewhat guilty of losing the ball (more often when he's tackled rather than misplacing the ball) in areas of the field which instantly puts us in a lot of danger. I do think a large part of that has been that our movement has been so bad that he hasn't had a good option to pass to so he waits a bit longer than he should, but he still has to take some of the blame. It's definitely not as big a problem as some people make out, but it does happen and it is something that hopefully he can improve on (both because he's doing better on the individual level and because our movement improves so he has more options).

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
How have sporting been since he left?
Horrible. Just sacked our coach and are now onto our 4th coach of the season which we payed...wait for it....10M! for from Braga which makes him the third most expensive coach in history (transfer wise). It gets better the coach (Ruben Amorim) has ONLY 13 games to his name as a coach (he is 35) but he has massive hype because he beat Porto 2x Sporting 2x and Benfica 1x all in the span of a month. He may be talented but with the structure at Sporting he is destined to fail.

When selling Bruno our president said w had no money to spend....than he goes and spend 10M on a unproven coach. His first game is today as head coach of Sporting.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Horrible. Just sacked our coach and are now onto our 4th coach of the season which we payed...wait for it....10M! for from Braga which makes him the third most expensive coach in history (transfer wise). It gets better the coach (Ruben Amorim) has ONLY 13 games to his name as a coach (he is 35) but he has massive hype because he beat Porto 2x Sporting 2x and Benfica 1x all in the span of a month. He may be talented but with the structure at Sporting he is destined to fail.

When selling Bruno our president said w had no money to spend....than he goes and spend 10M on a unproven coach. His first game is today as head coach of Sporting.
Surely that's got to be some sort of corruption? Did you owe Braga or maybe an agent £10m?!

ash_86

Got into great position today front of goal and both times didn't get pass from Martial and James. Great today.

Status
Not open for further replies.