Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
It's pretty mad that this guys performance today may slip under the radar slightly simply because of our 18 year old phenomenon and Martial's sublime goal also. But make no mistake about it, he was simply world class today and continues to make everything look easy. That free kick was not a simple goal to execute by any means, but this guy just makes it look routine.

Revan

Assumptionman
It's as if United have gotten a prime Chelsea type Juan Mata with a motor, little bit more physicality, bite, and maybe a little more quality as well.
Much more physicality IMO. Bruno always goes for a tackle.

The comparison with Mata (at his peak) is spot on though. Just that Bruno is bigger, better, and stronger.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This is terrific from Rio

Players like Scholes and Messi have grown up around their team mates, taking years to build up instinctive movement and passing. We've seen how Neville & Beckham or Yorke & Cole or Rooney & Ronaldo were able to have telepathic on pitch relationships.

What this analysis from Rio shows is the massive potential our entire team can into grow into, as Pogba and MMM learn how to play around Bruno. He has to become our key player and talisman and is worthy to have the team built around him. And when he's injured or off form, Pogba or another can step up.

Haven't felt this exited about the future of a United team since summer of 2007 when Tevez, Nani, Hargreaves and Anderson all came along. If the club can afford that level of reinforcements in the summer or two, then I'm confident we can reclaim the title latest in 2022.

AFC NimbleThumb

And also there were questions about the portuguese league making him look better than he really is.
There are great players playing in Portugal/France/Holland
Which is exactly why spending £80mil on an average CB will bite us. Wrong thread I know but I can’t help but think where we’d be had we been as prudent with our summer dealings as we proved with this one.

Bruno as you say is one of many class players in ‘lesser’ leagues.

Castia

His goals and assists are one thing but his movement and work-rate are on another level as well. He moves teams/defenders all over the place, absolutely amazing player. Best we've signed for a long time.

Bruno 18 shirt for me on next years kit!

JohnnyKills

Its going to take me a while to get used to having a proper number 10. Wouldn't be the worst thing to give him jersey 7, he has auditioned for it and has the mentality to carry it. Sancho can get the 11.
Think Sancho is nailed on for 7 if he comes. Maybe Fernandes will take 8?

bondsname

Think Sancho is nailed on for 7 if he comes. Maybe Fernandes will take 8?
I think 18 fits Bruno well. It was worn by legends such as Paul Scholes and Ashley Young, I see no reason to change it to a more "mainstream" number such as 8.

At United you have the number you have and you make it legendary. Except for the 7 Jersey, it's the only one that carries huge expectation.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm convinced those Mata stats are not true, what is the source? No way did Juan Mata have 50+ goals/assists in 1 season.
Tbf he played an outrageous amount of football that season. Whoscored is probably more accurate on the assist front - TM are very generous and give those ‘fantasy football’ type of assists

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His productivity is insane. It was insane in Portugal and he’s kept it up here. Who was the last United player to score/assist this frequently without playing as a striker? Feck it. Who was the last PL non-striker to match him?
In the PL only KDB really puts up these crazy numbers. Mata at his peak (as above) was doing alright. Ozil was setting assist tallies up for fun for a while, but nowhere near the goal threat.
Edit: Fabregas is another one more on the creative side.

Going back a little further - Lampard is probably most comparable to Bruno with both goals and assists quite nicely split.

He’s up there with some special calibre of players, that’s for sure.

Goku23

If Sancho comes we will have a midfield to equal Scholes Keane Giggs Beckham Martial and Rashford are amazing as well but the reason its al clicking in attack is down to Bruno no question

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His goals and assists are one thing but his movement and work-rate are on another level as well. He moves teams/defenders all over the place, absolutely amazing player. Best we've signed for a long time.

Bruno 18 shirt for me on next years kit!
Agree, his work rate is infectious

KennyBurner

Bruno has been our best player this break but make no mistake he will struggle to be this effective without pogba and matic. It wasn’t too long ago we struggled to create against Everton.

With that said I just love how he has multiple options to pass to with Pogba always available on the edge. He is currently unplayable because you can’t mark him and leave our other attackers alone. He can either pass or shoot.

SAFMUTD

I saw in a Sporting Forum some fans laughing about how "they fecked us over" with this transfer. I Wonder what they be thinking now.

TsuWave

Its going to take me a while to get used to having a proper number 10. Wouldn't be the worst thing to give him jersey 7, he has auditioned for it and has the mentality to carry it. Sancho can get the 11.
He likes the number 8 (has it tatted). Sancho is a better fit for 7

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If he continues this form surely a shoo-in for PFA POTY next season?

Also is their a side in the world he doesn't walk into? How was it that no one (ourselves included) went for him in the summer?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I saw in a Sporting Forum some fans laughing about how "they fecked us over" with this transfer. I Wonder what they be thinking now.
Which forum was that because on the main forum everyone thought we sold too cheap

Eddy_JukeZ

His productivity is insane. It was insane in Portugal and he’s kept it up here. Who was the last United player to score/assist this frequently without playing as a striker? Feck it. Who was the last PL non-striker to match him?
Lampard, Yaya and then KDB currently.

If we challenge for the league next season, think Bruno will be getting even more plaudits.

What a player. He is the engine of this team without of a doubt.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I'll be shocked if this guy doesn't end up as a true United legend by the end of his career. Phenomenal player.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not many of our big signings have come in and made this impact so soon that he has. RVP was probably the last one. Maybe Rooney before that.

I don't think there's an attacking mid anywhere in world football, other than KDB, who I'd swap him with. He's special.

rotherham_red

Needs a rest soon surely. Maybe Pogba at 10 for Villa?
I was hoping for that today, tbh. But now it looks like Matic is knackered and needs a rest, which means that we might need Fred coming in in for him and Bruno and Pogba starting again.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Not many of our big signings have come in and made this impact so soon that he has. RVP was probably the last one. Maybe Rooney before that.

I don't think there's an attacking mid anywhere in world football, other than KDB, who I'd swap him with. He's special.
Barca and others seem to have made a mistake overlooking him. We should extend his contact already!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Needs a rest soon surely. Maybe Pogba at 10 for Villa?
We haven't got a game for 5 days.

Bruno is fit as a fiddle, doesn't look like he needs a rest at all. Keep playing him as he's on fire, this is what footballers like him are made for.

meamth

Pogba deserves the credit as well, since he returned, the team has become more of a bully. Without him, I don't think we can achieve what we had yesterday

edcunited1878

Much more physicality IMO. Bruno always goes for a tackle.

The comparison with Mata (at his peak) is spot on though. Just that Bruno is bigger, better, and stronger.
I don't recall if Mata was always a lightweight physically, but Bruno isn't afraid to get stuck in not at all. But he's a true leader by example and accountability which is another part of his character/influence on the team.

Bruno takes most of the free kicks now, has good delivery, good chance creation, he hunts down the ball whether we're up goals or down goals. He was snatching at shots against Brighton and then has a day like today with one goal and two assists and allowed Marcus a PK try.

His output is Juan Mata at his Chelsea peak and I think his importance to the team and his talismanic work rate and influence from anywhere on the pitch just popping up and chasing balls is a cross between Tevez and Rooney. He's got that tenacity and bite but undisputed quality and class...just not the brute force or bluntness of a Rooney or Tevez.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
How we didn't go into this season with him is truly an absurdity for the club's ages. What a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.