7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestietom

I actually thought he had more impact on the game when he switched roles, it's not ideal but I'm not sure under Ole what works best as our team lacks a clear playing ethos when we are in possession.
We need a deep lying playmaker this summer.

fps

He is Pogba's replacement - at least it's been done in advance. If they can be on the same pitch and maybe get top 4 then job done but Pogba is off in the summer.
He is more of a leader on the field than Pogba, that is clear immediately. He is not as extravagantly talented, but that doesn’t mean United can’t be a better team with that switch.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He is more of a leader on the field than Pogba, that is clear immediately. He is not as extravagantly talented, but that doesn’t mean United can’t be a better team with that switch.
Well, he has to be good enough for us, first. Then we'll see if it's possible for us to be better off with him instead of Pogba. I'm doubtful about that tbh. Pogba has just so much natural ability, which does count. I'm sure you don't think we'd be a better team with Scotty Parker replacing Pogba for example.

romufc

Well, he has to be good enough for us, first. Then we'll see if it's possible for us to be better off with him instead of Pogba. I'm doubtful about that tbh. Pogba has just so much natural ability, which does count. I'm sure you don't think we'd be a better team with Scotty Parker replacing Pogba for example.
That's not a very good logic is it? Scott Parker and Bruno.

It's like comparing Ravel Morrison to Pogba, just because they have natural ability, they aren't the same players are they?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's not a very good logic is it? Scott Parker and Bruno.

It's like comparing Ravel Morrison to Pogba, just because they have natural ability, they aren't the same players are they?
The logic is fine. Because it's targetted at a rationale rather than comparing players actual abilities.

Devil may care

I get it, if it doesn't suit your argument then you won't buy it, no matter what.

My judgment on Bruno last year wasn't really blind judgment. I had watched him played very often in his international game since he was linked with us and he's more a playmaker rather than just attacking mid. Ironically, I even posted an article to you about how Bruno plays and you didn't buy it because the article doesn't suit your argument.

Sporting fans got no clue what sort of player Mkhytaryan was. I don't know what's your stand right now is, whether you are changing your mind or no but if you are still insisting that Bruno is closer to Mkhytaryan than Scholes or Lampard after watching the game in the weekend then I guess I shall end this conversation because it feels like I'm talking to a wall.
Just because you say something or post an article by someone it doesn't equate to it being a fact, me not bowing down to it has mothing to with it not suiting my argument, I have shown I can be won over by players or by points of view, so far nothing I've seen and nothing you've said convince me, if that's an issue for you then don't quote me again, I didn't start this rehashed debate, and no, I still see zero Scholes comparison, he's not got the positional or passing quality of Scholes who was pin point, Bruno is super erratic.

We need a deep lying playmaker this summer.
No argument from me mate, not sure who at this point though.

fps

Absolutely. I had a nagging feeling the free kick he took, well struck but comfortably saved, would have been another goal in the Portuguese league.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
We haven't really been decimated. We've had 3 key players injured for a long period though, which is made much worse because we have no depth. But the injuries came about because of that lack of depth (for 2 of them at least). 3 injuries isnt crazy. It's just bad luck it's to key players at the same time.

But yeah, all fit, we'd have an excellent starting 11 IMO. Not sure we'll do that at any point this season but we'll see.
Off the top of my head we've had significant injury lay offs for Pogba, Rashford, McT, Matic, Dalot, Tuanzebe, That's not to mention the normal smaller lay off for the likes of Martial and Shaw. We've been badly affected. How many times have we been able to play our strongest 11 this season? Not many if any.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
You guys need to calm down, this is his debut, against Wolves nonetheless. Even the league leader's is not having a good time with them. Put it into perspective a team 38 pts adrift, how can he be expected to come in and suddenly turn the tide?

He will need time to adjust to the league, internalized the pace and understand his team movements. Clearly all he is a sharp footballer with good technique, just the execution still iffy. He'll improve. Need to get him a decent DM so he's free to do his own things. Matic's the head, but ain't got the legs anymore.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Off the top of my head we've had significant injury lay offs for Pogba, Rashford, McT, Matic, Dalot, Tuanzebe, That's not to mention the normal smaller lay off for the likes of Martial and Shaw. We've been badly affected. How many times have we been able to play our strongest 11 this season? Not many if any.
Twice I think.

Nicoseth

Are people actually saying he had a bad debut? Shameful - the guy was excellent. Not everything he tried came off but a lot did and considering that he had 1 training session before this to get to know his teammates I'd say he did feckin spectacularly well! Love him already - he's going to be a beast for us.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Are people actually saying he had a bad debut? Shameful - the guy was excellent. Not everything he tried came off but a lot did and considering that he had 1 training session before this to get to know his teammates I'd say he did feckin spectacularly well! Love him already - he's going to be a beast for us.
100%. He was terrible.

This reminds me of pre season when everyone was saying how well James was playing when in fact he was very poor. Being outperformed by Greenwood, Chong and Gomes. However, because he was a new signing, people were a lot more lenient on their rating of him. Same goes for Bruno's performance.

Nicoseth

100%. He was terrible.

This reminds me of pre season when everyone was saying how well James was playing when in fact he was very poor. Being outperformed by Greenwood, Chong and Gomes. However, because he was a new signing, people were a lot more lenient on their rating of him. Same goes for Bruno's performance.
Goes to show how different perspectives can be. 100% disagree but that's why we love the game, right? Everybody has their own view of things. Also disagree that James was poor. I think any neutral would tell you he surprised most people by how good he was in the first couple of months of the season. He has dropped off significantly since then but I think he started really well.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It didn't take long before people came up with out of context "possession lost" stats :lol:

You guys will moan about KdB too as he loses possession more than most players in the league.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Goes to show how different perspectives can be. 100% disagree but that's why we love the game, right? Everybody has their own view of things. Also disagree that James was poor. I think any neutral would tell you he surprised most people by how good he was in the first couple of months of the season. He has dropped off significantly since then but I think he started really well.
Yes, to each their own, mate.

I thought James was poor in pre season, but not during the early parts of the actual league campaign. He was very good then.
It didn't take long before people came up with out of context "possession lost" stats :lol:

You guys will moan about KdB too as he loses possession more than most players in the league.
I mean, I and some others were saying his loose general play would be a problem in the summer, so it's nothing new! It's one of the reasons I was hoping we'd opt for someone different.

roonster09

Scout
mean, I and some others were saying his loose general play would be a problem in the summer, so it's nothing new! It's one of the reasons I was hoping we'd opt for someone different
He is attacking mid who takes lot of risks, they always lose possession more than your regular CMs.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He is attacking mid who takes lot of risks, they always lose possession more than your regular CMs.
Of course. That's why I didn't want that type of CM/AM, though. Especially as his passing is very, very hit and miss. Even for a risk taker. I wanted a CM/AM that would elevate our general play - not more players that are mainly known for their goal and assist stats, and the odd excellent pass here and there like the previous three we've bought.

If we bring in a coach that can implement cohesive football like Poch or someone I don't think he'll be bad here, but if we stick with our way of having to rely on individual quality like we have done for the past near decade, I think he'll have the same problems here as Kagawa, Mata and Mkhi.

roonster09

Scout
Of course. That's why I didn't want that type of CM/AM, though. Especially as his passing is very, very hit and miss. Even for a risk taker. I wanted a CM/AM that would elevate our general play - not more players that are mainly known for their goal and assist stats, and the odd excellent pass here and there like the previous three we've bought.

If we bring in a coach that can implement cohesive football like Poch or someone I don't think he'll be bad here, but if we stick with our way of having to rely on individual quality like we have done for the past near decade, I think he'll have the same problems here as Kagawa, Mata and Mkhi.
It's same with players like KdB, Pogba and other creative players who creates many chances. They usually tops these "possession lost" charts. I don't mind player losing possession as long as they create chances and tries risky stuff. Issue is with the players who loses possession without creating much.

Dinghy

Some mad shit going down in here.

And doing a lowlight reel on a player's debut where he was the only player trying to do anything is mega wanky.
Like I said, in the context of him being a 65 million signing it was a terrible debut. A "Pereira-esque" performance was not what I expecting to see and surely he's a lot better than that. If that was one of his good performances we are fecked.

romufc

Like I said, in the context of him being a 65 million signing it was a terrible debut. A "Pereira-esque" performance was not what I expecting to see and surely he's a lot better than that. If that was one of his good performances we are fecked.
Do you get all your info from SSN headlines? £65m after alot of clauses, most they wont even see. PFA player, Ballon Dor, CL. Dont be daft, we have only paid £46m so far.

Perreira esque? When does Perreira shoot on target? When does he control the play? When does he drive passes into the ST?

He came in on thursday, one training session and you exepct him to be Ronaldo?

Raven

100%. He was terrible.

Whilst I agree it wasn't a great debut, to call it terrible is going too far in the opposite direction. He was trying thing that weren't coming off, unfortunately, but was very much in the game and vital to us not conceding on a couple of occasions. As many others have already said, he'd only had one training session with us, maybe you were expecting miracles, I certainly wasn't.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
100%. He was terrible.

This is just hyperbolic BS. He was clearly not terrible by any means.

Yes he gave a few sloppy passes, but he also gave some great defensive line splitting passes which drove us forward. He worked very hard, had a few nice shots on goal. I'd say for his first game with a new team against one of the harder opposition in the league, that was a solid 7/10 performance.

You've clearly got an agenda for some reason and decided you'll try and convince everybody he's not good or not worth the money? It's a very strange stance tbh.

DBT85

100%. He was terrible.

He was not terrible at all.

Dinghy

Do you get all your info from SSN headlines? £65m after alot of clauses, most they wont even see. PFA player, Ballon Dor, CL. Dont be daft, we have only paid £46m so far.

Perreira esque? When does Perreira shoot on target? When does he control the play? When does he drive passes into the ST?

He came in on thursday, one training session and you exepct him to be Ronaldo?
In euros, sorry. 55 mill straight up, plus 10 in realistic clauses.

Pereira doesn't control the play, but neither did Fernandes. 4-5 of his poor passes led to dangerous counter attacks for Wolves. They both had some terrible passing and both had a shot straight at the keeper.

Can't blame shit passing and poor set-pieces on having just one training session.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
In euros, sorry. 55 mill straight up, plus 10 in realistic clauses.

Pereira doesn't control the play, but neither did Fernandes. 4-5 of his poor passes led to dangerous counter attacks for Wolves. They both had some terrible passing and both had a shot straight at the keeper.

Can't blame shit passing and poor set-pieces on having just one training session.
That's because he's having to force it through the eye of a needle.

Our forwards play so narrow, they're surrounded by Wolves players. We had 1 player wide in AWB who wasn't playing high enough either, so he had to try and force things.

A few times the ball played through the lines nicely, a couple of other times they got cut out. It happens.

It's exactly the same Issue Pogba finds, but instead of forcing it he tries to ride the press and look for options, but sometimes gets tackled.

Fernandes can only do so much by himself, the coaching staff / attackers must learn how to beat a low block or we will never succeed. We desperately need a winger that is happy to stay wide and get the ball to feet. Mahrez would of been the perfect right winger for us, and a similar type to him now would be.

AshRK

SO have people already started criticizing him? Not surprising considering how caf works these days.

mancan92

How is that clear immediately? When we are in trouble in a match the whole team literally reverts to just giving Pogba the ball and hoping. We definitely didnt do that with fernandes against wolves.

OleTheGreat

He was quite good on the first after instantly being part of a dislodged team. He immediately addressed the concern on all of our faces and got back within Fred and Andreas to create from deep in midfield. I thought it was primarily Ole's idea but he was pretty good in connecting the dots for us. Martial was utterly poor up front on the night and he lost possession pretty much every time he was given the ball. Bruno is going to a perfect fit when Pogba and Mctominay will be played alongside him. He can also play alongside Matic and Fred and also all other combos. He can play deep and also up in the #10 position. He's basically a box to box midfielder but like Pogba he also likes to be up the final third to create a lot of chances and also strike a few himself. Pogba will greatly enjoy his company if the two played together as both have most similar attributes except Pogba has a wider passing range and that instinctive pass which kills most defenses.

I hope Pogba can stay with us beyond the summer and we can get back to being one of the power houses in the PL. I think we will have the best squad if we manage to get rid of Matic and bring in somebody like Neves. A proper number 9 and maybe Sancho. If we manage to do this, i would even count us as part of the numbers that will go for the title in 2020/21 season. Cannot wait for Rashford, Pogba and Mctominay to come back.

CallyRed

Feckin hell, the way some are going on it sounds like he had a Jonathan Woodgate-esque debut

Status
Not open for further replies.